R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing

Old 05-11-2007, 03:45 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Just got off the phone with WE fest.

I have two questions?

1.) How would a race around the 4th of July sound? I see that now the MN Nitro series is not on or near this weekend now. (June 16th and July 21st)

2.) How big of a track is too big? and to go with this question what is the largest track in the World now? (We might have the room!)

Bill N.
I'll be meeting them out at the site next week sometime.
billneu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:45 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

200' x 100' is the largest I would go and you also have to remember that it is a large amount of ground to marshall.

Around July 4th can be a tough time to get entries, lots of family things going on as there are around most holidays. The racers will slowly show up for races around holidays as the race grows and has a good reputation or the years.

Personally, I'm already racing that time this year, ROAR 1/8th Buggy Nats are the weekend before the 4th.
Thank you to his sponsors Mugen, J-Concepts, The Nitro Shop, Loosenuts Racing, Savage RC Motorsports, Ford Designs.net and FTR...
Jeff Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 02:00 PM   #18
Tech Regular

I'm more thinking of the weekend after the 4th or if the 4th hits the weekend then we'll play by ear. Next year the 4th is on a Friday.

As for this year it would be the weekend after the 4th more likely and how big it gets would be up to the turnout. They want to do this right and not half a$$ed. (No one take that as a plug at there race) Just they want this to get big so we want to do this right, while at the same time not step on any others feet. The area we are looking at is what the call the Lake Salle Camp Ground. It has it own camping areas plenty of hookups and lights. Fenced in too and a flat area. The lake is on the West side and tree to both the North and South. We would get some good exposure to Highway 59 for PR.

Bill
Old 05-12-2007, 10:54 PM   #19
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I hope this works out to be a great race! Personally I think the 4th of July weekend is going to be really tough to get a good turnout. I know we spend every 4th up at the lake boating and camping with our family and friends, we have planned our vacation every year for that. My family definitly won't give that up! But you have to go with what works for you and hope for the best.
myhobbyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:32 AM   #20
Tech Regular

Maybe a better question would be what weekend that is not being used now would be the best for everyone? (Well almost everyone! Can't please them all...)

We could very well have this in late summer/early fall this year and then move it to early summer next year. But with the way my work schedule is late summer early fall may be the area we look at. I'm typically real busy until May/June.

Bill N.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:16 AM   #21
Tech Rookie

I am a DL native living in the Fargo area, I think this would be a great addition to the We-Fest grounds. While a big race would be cool, I think it would be great to have the track open during the week and maybe a club race on the weekends for locals. Also, I know you want it to be a nitro track, but let's not forget about all the Electric truck owners out there.
nelson3824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #22
Tech Apprentice

There is a track in DL that is goign to be finished just east of DL. The guy races with the nitro series and works at the local hobby shop in DL. His name is Joe or known as techguy103. He has put his hard time and work into this track and we are hopefully gonna have a few there this summer. Yes i have heard of another track and Joe was gonna try to get a track by the Pit Restaraunt by Cormorant(hopefully). But i will keep you informed. Thats great for another track going up around the area. I have a Place on Long Lake in DL and there is a few wide open areas to put a track up with the cooperation of the people.