Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MINNESOTA THROWDOWN May 5th-7th 06

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 08:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

LiPo gives more punch. The batteries are 7.4 volts instead of 7.2 and LiPo's have nearly no internal resistance. More punch.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

lipos work great with the 4wd-still trying to figure out my buggy,car works good on small tracks but leisure hours proved to be different.car did not fly well off large jumps untill i went back to 3800s just something to consider not trying to scare anyone off,gotta love not having to charge alot of packs
Old 03-22-2006, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Does anyone know if this race is being promoted at all? I have seen nothing on anyother forums about it and on their own web site barely anyone has signed up. Someone needs to get on this otherwise we are going to get 20 people at this race and it will be no fun.

Kendall
Old 03-25-2006, 03:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Count me in for the 3 mod classes.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We'd like to thank everyone who has shown a interest in having a 2nd annual Throwdown race this spring. And while in our hearts we would love to "Throw it down" (we all are above all else racers first), we had to also consider current economic conditions, gasoline prices, scheduling conflicts both internal and external, and the ever increasing costs of running a race of this caliber and most importantly our local customers both the racers and the "bashers" alike.

After much debate and discussion (sometimes heated) and many many sleepless nights, we have decided that TCHR will not be having a Throwdown race this Spring, since we could not guarantee the quality of a large TCHR race in the manner in which we have all grown accustom to.

We will instead continue our focus on our local club racing, our open practice days, continuation of our local school RC club events and sponsorship, and introduction of new potential racers with our "Give it Try" demo vehicles. We have been given the honor of having the first race of the Minnesota Point series, which promises to be the best outdoor season ever, and take a lot of pride in the fact that a lot of the strongest competitors will be ones that got started with our open practice/race programs. We will continue our parking lot racing on Sundays, and have been working on some alternative "traveling" sites that we will be able to introduce even more new people to RC car racing.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Wow, this really sucks, Kendall just bought a XX-4 for this race!
Rex
Old 03-28-2006, 08:42 AM
Tech Adept

The track will still have racing on that weekend, so if everyone shows up anyway, it would still be a pretty fun race day. No trophy's, but it would still be a blast.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:50 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I guess i still dont see a reason not to have the race, gas prices arnt an issue, if people are gunna come, they are. Im very bummed about this, guess its on to the starbuck races.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:57 PM
Tech Adept

Schorr, I guess the track had some issues with getting people to help with promoting, running the races, changing the track, getting trophies, cleaning stuff up, and stuff like that. But don't worry if you want to come to a big race all of that is covered for the first leg of the Minnesota Nitro series being held at TCHR. That should be as big as the Throwdown would have been. So fire up the nitro. Hopefully there is a cool new layout for that race coming up soon April 22, 23.