Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic RC Racing
MACS - Mid-Atlantic Championship Series >

MACS - Mid-Atlantic Championship Series

Like Tree43Likes

MACS - Mid-Atlantic Championship Series

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 05:37 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: MACS - Mid-Atlantic Championship Series
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: R Dodge
Schedule coming soon...

Print Wikipost

Old 07-28-2017, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've been racing for about 18 months and I can't get enough. I'm excited by these events and every new experience racing offers. I attended other "Robbie Dodge" (I think his name has become a verb at this point) events and never came away without a huge sense of happiness.

I see many times racers and "racers", not sure where I fit in yet, arguing about rules with race directors on rctech and other arenas. These rules are not something they just decide to instate because it will be what they like. I'm sure Robbie has thought about as many aspects of the rules he can and how they will effect racers and "racers" of all levels. This is obviously not a money grab like we've seen before but hey I would have been buying those tires too.

My thoughts on all of this is these are the rules and I can't change them. If I want my own rules set I can go through all of the hassle to create and promote my own race. What's the turnout for that race gonna be? 3 at most. I just thank these guys who work so hard for our hobby and if I don't like something about it I just won't attend.

Thanks Robbie for "Robbie Dodging" the hell out of this.
godzukihop likes this.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:53 PM
Suspended

Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback and continued support! I heard from several racers outside of rctech as well and from the feedback I've received, the rule will remain unchanged.

Again, my main goal is to promote fun and fair racing which should naturally grow onroad racing in the region. I hope everyone understands that. Any series created by myself or anyone else won't succeed if we aren't all trying to make it the best it can be. All of these rules have indeed been written, re-written and tweaked many times over the past 2-3 months, and I've consulted several times with series promoters across the US and Canada, so nothing was decided on a whim but I am always happy to discuss potential improvements.

Looking forward to a fun and successful series!
GrandeGixxer and godzukihop like this.
Old 07-28-2017, 08:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Robbie for pulling this together. For what it's worth, I'm good with the direction your heading in and will support this series as much as I can. Not that there's anything I can do to help this along besides attending all of the races I can, please don't hesitate to ask if there's anything you need some assistance with.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R Dodge
If anyone else has any objection to the current usgt tire rule I would be open to hearing it. I still think the current rule is best for promoting fairness and fun/close racing.
Robbie, I need you to give a better justification for the additional expense of buying a new set of tires for EVERY race, when those tires won't get used up in a day. What I'm seeing here just doesn't cut it. People will have a serious surplus of tires from money, that, could be better spent in another area of their racing program. Trying to avoid using tires in the "sweet spot" is overkill in an attempt to keep racing "fair" or "equal". There's nothing cost-effective about it, which isn't good. I like the idea of the series but we can't ask people to spend a lot of money on tires they'll have to sit on.
k_bojar and KA2AEV like this.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kewdawg
Robbie, I need you to give a better justification for the additional expense of buying a new set of tires for EVERY race, when those tires won't get used up in a day. What I'm seeing here just doesn't cut it. People will have a serious surplus of tires from money, that, could be better spent in another area of their racing program. Trying to avoid using tires in the "sweet spot" is overkill in an attempt to keep racing "fair" or "equal". There's nothing cost-effective about it, which isn't good. I like the idea of the series but we can't ask people to spend a lot of money on tires they'll have to sit on.
thank you, Quinn.

i get i'm just one person, but i gotta believe there are others that question things like this

and godzukihop - i had no 'skin in the game' back with whatever tire thing you are talking about. this is now and its something that doesn't seem to make sense to me, so i asked in the public forum
Old 08-08-2017, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'm not sure when I'll finally put an electric sedan together, but when I do, I won't have an issue with buying a set of tires every race day. We go through a set of sedan foams every couple runs in nitro. We don't bitch about it because it's the cost of racing.

Nobody can make everyone happy.��
godzukihop likes this.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
I'm not sure when I'll finally put an electric sedan together, but when I do, I won't have an issue with buying a set of tires every race day. We go through a set of sedan foams every couple runs in nitro. We don't bitch about it because it's the cost of racing.

Nobody can make everyone happy.��
Apples and oranges. How much does a full set of foams set you back? Nitro tires wearing out every raceday is the norm. They don't sit in your pit box collecting dust. Even better - would you still run nitro touring, if, you had to keep buying $25 or $30 foam tires when the old ones weren't even worn out??? You had to put perfectly good tires aside and buy new ones. You're, essentially, throwing money away.
KA2AEV and Scott R like this.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:34 PM
Tech Addict

Apples and oranges. How much does a full set of foams set you back? Nitro tires wearing out every raceday is the norm. They don't sit in your pit box collecting dust. Even better - would you still run nitro touring, if, you had to keep buying $25 or $30 foam tires when the old ones weren't even worn out??? You had to put perfectly good tires aside and buy new ones. You're, essentially, throwing money away.

+1
Scott R likes this.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by godzukihop
If I had a problem with or disagreed with something I would have sent Robbie a PM.

If it was a personal question that didn't affect anyone just himself, I could agree with you, but K-Bo had a question regarding a rule that he and from the looks of it some others, including myself , who are racing on a limited budget these days, felt that should be aired in the public forum!

I really would love to make all 6 races, but if I have to dump an additional amount of money into buying either 1 set or two sets (My Co-Driver, Golddust)
plus the added expense of fuel, tolls etc... to get to the race, that's going to hit us hard!

And could someone explain to me exactly what "The NJTireGate" was ???
Old 08-08-2017, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

How many of you are going to race this series and no more of the class? If I buy a set of tires for each race I will be able to use that set until the next one and so on. They won't go to waste if you are racing regularly.
GrandeGixxer and godzukihop like this.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

It is different. Some races we run a new set every round. My point is, if you don't like the rule composition, nobody is forcing you to race the class/series.

You could always donate the used tires to a kid or someone else running a different series? Use them for practice or bashing?
Old 08-08-2017, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by greghalstead
How many of you are going to race this series and no more of the class? If I buy a set of tires for each race I will be able to use that set until the next one and so on. They won't go to waste if you are racing regularly.
Problem is Greg that until these past few months (Golddust getting set up for College) We were racing regularly, and we still would not go thru 12 sets of tires in an entire season!!!, So where is the justification in that then???
Old 08-08-2017, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
if you don't like the rule composition, nobody is forcing you to race the class/series.
You are absolutely correct, however you are driving people away with that mentality! Im not saying that the whole rule structure should be tailored
so everyone who races with have their own little rules package! Just that this simple part of it should be made so the average joe can enjoy this
aspect of the hobby!
Scott R likes this.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by KA2AEV
Problem is Greg that until these past few months (Golddust getting set up for College) We were racing regularly, and we still would not go thru 12 sets of tires in an entire season!!!, So where is the justification in that then???
Well I hope you guys can make it to at least a couple of them. I had a good time racing you guys the time or two we met.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KA2AEV
Just wondering how you come up with 12 sets of tires when there are only 4 races in the series?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.