Search
Like Tree5Likes

Wall R/C Racing 2017

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 09:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rekim
i read a post that said the wall RC is open 24 hours 7 days a week if you have a membership. it was an old post, so i wanted to see if that was still accurate? i mean, realistically im not doing rc at 2am, but it would be cool if could.

also, is there outside lighting for nighttime driving if they are open 24 hours?

i am a poor quality driver, so i would like to drive alone as to not crash into other people. i dont want to race, just goof around and there isnt anywhere good to go near my house
hey whats up, wall rc is a track run by club members, you can join the club for 125.00 for membership for a year and your also required to have Ama insurance 75.00 the insurance lasts 365days from when you purchase the insurance. wallrc is open 7 days a week weather permitting, if its raining or snowing etc and track is super muddy then its closed. track is open 8am to dusk. nitro allowed 9am to dusk. on some races there are lights in the past and this past fall we were lighting track up on Thursday nights for a club fun nights. so no there is not permanent lighting.
Its ok we have club members of all levels, beginners that just drive around or bash around and others that are good racers. I practice alone all the time did that for a couple months before I attended a actual race day. you can practice by yourself all you want and if you do come when someone else is there we also have a private Facebook group and you can ask others to come practice to if you want to.. everyone in the club is nice and always willing to help or give tips. its a great club, don't feel intimated cause your not that good, I started the same way last year and learned a lot quickly. feel free to check out type wall rc racing on Facebook for info on joining the club. our next race is on November 25 feel free to swing by and come check it out, there will be people to sign up with that day to. but its a great club with friendly group and you can drive alone to if you want I did in beginning cause I was bad haha
Old 11-19-2018, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

so this sunday is a race ???

jersey u still can't drive ….what"s up bud
Old 11-20-2018, 10:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jaybird
so this sunday is a race ???

jersey u still can't drive ….what"s up bud
unfortunately the race on the 25th got canceled today. No race days till 2019, you can still join the club for unlimited practice .

Haha I can drive better now
Old 06-25-2019, 08:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jersey
hey whats up, wall rc is a track run by club members, you can join the club for 125.00 for membership for a year and your also required to have Ama insurance 75.00 the insurance lasts 365days from when you purchase the insurance. wallrc is open 7 days a week weather permitting, if its raining or snowing etc and track is super muddy then its closed. track is open 8am to dusk. nitro allowed 9am to dusk. on some races there are lights in the past and this past fall we were lighting track up on Thursday nights for a club fun nights. so no there is not permanent lighting.
Its ok we have club members of all levels, beginners that just drive around or bash around and others that are good racers. I practice alone all the time did that for a couple months before I attended a actual race day. you can practice by yourself all you want and if you do come when someone else is there we also have a private Facebook group and you can ask others to come practice to if you want to.. everyone in the club is nice and always willing to help or give tips. its a great club, don't feel intimated cause your not that good, I started the same way last year and learned a lot quickly. feel free to check out type wall rc racing on Facebook for info on joining the club. our next race is on November 25 feel free to swing by and come check it out, there will be people to sign up with that day to. but its a great club with friendly group and you can drive alone to if you want I did in beginning cause I was bad haha

Hey
I'm really considering becoming a member but I don't have social media other then this and two car forums; so all my track info comes from here and google searches
I found the registration form online to fill out.
Wall is a little over an hour away given traffic conditions but I feel its worth the money to help maintain the track and be able to practice on a real track whenever I am able to. I'm looking to do as you did and just want to go practice even if by myself to get ready to become part of actual race events.
I remember years ago right before I went into hiatus I was getting ready to get into racing and was told to get a ROAR membership/license for the insurance. Wall form says AMA. I googled and found Academy of Model Aeronautics!? Is this the membership we have to have to run RC Cars? Im sure this is it according to the form but I'm just trying to get full clarification before I make any moves.
Also if my wife occasionally came with me would it be ok if she threw her 1/16 E-REVO on the track for some fun if no one else was there practicing? Just got it for her and hoping she'll fall in love with RC too. One day at a field and she seems to like it so far and is happy with her little truck.
Appreciate any info you can give.

Thanks,
CJ
Old 06-26-2019, 05:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Galatians2 20
Hey
I'm really considering becoming a member but I don't have social media other then this and two car forums; so all my track info comes from here and google searches
I found the registration form online to fill out.
Wall is a little over an hour away given traffic conditions but I feel its worth the money to help maintain the track and be able to practice on a real track whenever I am able to. I'm looking to do as you did and just want to go practice even if by myself to get ready to become part of actual race events.
I remember years ago right before I went into hiatus I was getting ready to get into racing and was told to get a ROAR membership/license for the insurance. Wall form says AMA. I googled and found Academy of Model Aeronautics!? Is this the membership we have to have to run RC Cars? Im sure this is it according to the form but I'm just trying to get full clarification before I make any moves.
Also if my wife occasionally came with me would it be ok if she threw her 1/16 E-REVO on the track for some fun if no one else was there practicing? Just got it for her and hoping she'll fall in love with RC too. One day at a field and she seems to like it so far and is happy with her little truck.
Appreciate any info you can give.

Thanks,
CJ
the ama is the correct membership you need. as far as your wife running they have a family membership also that isnt much more than the individual membership. i do not know how else to contact people in charge besides facebook. maybe you can use someone elses account, my suggestion is to open a fb page. all raceday info and track info is found there for wall and every other track in the area.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hi all, the track is currently shut down for issues with the township (paperwork?)... figured I'd pass the message along. Any use of the property is considered trespassing, wouldn't recommend it! Hope to see this track back up and running soon. Only 1/8 track in the area... in NJ as well!