Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic RC Racing
Family Hobbies Raceway Vineland N.J. opening day April 2nd. >

Family Hobbies Raceway Vineland N.J. opening day April 2nd.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree39Likes

Family Hobbies Raceway Vineland N.J. opening day April 2nd.

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-30-2018, 05:00 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Family Hobbies Raceway Vineland N.J. opening day April 2nd.
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Judge Judy
Latest Race Results

Opening day- April 7th and we race(weather permitting)every Sat until the end of October

Registration 10:30- 11:30, racing starts at 12 noon.
You can get here as early as you want to set up, but no one is permitted on
the track until registration starts at 10:30.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 04:02 PM
Tech Adept

Well we got one and a half rounds in by 12:30. I'd say we did pretty well. I expected to see rain about 3:00 but Mother Nature got us again. Next week we're going for a full day! Thanks to everyone who came out! It was fun while it lasted! Thanks Carmel for the extra help and I saw Paul with the blower too. Faith also jumped in to marshal! Appreciate it all! See you guys next week!

Linda
Old 08-17-2018, 06:32 PM
Tech Adept

We're confident we'll get a whole day of racing in tomorrow. There's only 2 Saturday's left to get some practice for the Eastern States Challenge coming up Labor Day weekend, Sept. 1st & 2nd. I'm hoping to see some 1/10th truggies come out. Could be a really fun class! So we hope to see everyone tomorrow!

Thanks everybody!
Linda
Old 08-27-2018, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

Beautiful day Saturday. We had enough to race but not enough to marshal. So those who did show up got a day of practice. We'll see if their work paid off when we hold our annual Eastern States Challenge this coming weekend! Thanks to Carmel for helping us out during the week and on race day. Also thanks to Greg for helping when we need it. We really appreciate it!

Linda
Old 09-01-2018, 03:22 AM
Tech Adept

Races are on for this weekend! Forecast got better and it will be cloudy but chance of precip is down. Hope to see you all at the track!

Linda
Old 09-01-2018, 06:39 PM
Tech Adept

Had a great time today with some fun racing! Here is a link to the photos.
https://www.facebook.com/linda.vogel...E7rrlY&__xts__[0]=68.ARDGaSFxz4h9gHWql2-W9L7bvZl5jIBgb-kLDLntODlqbdeUqIxn1qktFUiWdsMgT83hjfb3sUQM1D3VyN-eri_6iEpRTFFrDyIQoMAoNiOHbzrlFqt_ZlNZWwz4t_fs2E-nwGgv-bZqdjChZcNAhw1B9QBv-17xArmeYP1wZwAy5MhMGwpfVjSFKCxoU9mMytQ_vlGJSzqy9-rfx4SYczlvlCF93Dr7T0Re_P6yOA&__tn__=lC-R

Hope to see you all tomorrow for 1/8th!

Linda
Old 09-02-2018, 06:07 PM
Tech Adept

Well Mother Nature had the last word for 1/8th day of our Eastern States Challenge. First off, the switch on my microphone broke while giving instructions before we even got started racing. I found an old one I had in the shop but it didn't work. Faith graciously went driving around to find a new one while Sean tried to fix the old one and the current one. No luck on either end. Meanwhile, we ran the first round with no mic. Rich yelled times and we got through it. (Thank you RIch!). The next break I dug through another box of junk and found another old mic. It worked! Only it was one I really didn't like back in the day because it picked up noise all around. Anyway, we got through the rest of qualifying with no problem. I got the mains set up and it started to rain, little thunder and lightning, (not much) but it rained for what seemed an hour. Sean tried to sweep some water but once the track is that wet, you can't even walk on it. Someone did walk down the straight and picked up dirt on their shoes. See, I told you! LOL. We would have had to wait a couple hours to see if the track would be race ready and it would have been a late finish with 2 twenty minute mains. So there was nothing we could do but call the race and give out awards as they qualified. When I left the track about 6:30 there were still puddles on it. The moral of this story is, no matter what happens, R/C guys always pull together to get the job done. I appreciate all the help everyone gave me to get the races in. I remember back in the old days when it always rained on the Eastern States, for several years in a row. People called this Rainland! Good to see George T. and his group including Marshon for helping me out when I need something; and it was good to see John B. go home smiling! Everyone did a great job! I'll have the results up tomorrow after they dry up. Haha. Good to see Kelly & James and I saw Paul Mancus spectating. Ron and I are still trying to figure out who drove up in the black car, got out and waved at me? Ron talked to someone over there but doesn't remember the name. We're going crazy trying to figure it out. Don't forget we're not done racing yet. We continue every Saturday until the end of October. Thanks everyone!!!!! BTW: Rich, did you get the video of Sean sweeping water? Like
Comment
Old 09-03-2018, 10:11 AM
Tech Adept

Here is a link to the results from our Eastern States Challenge this past weekend. Thanks to everyone who came out!

https://www.facebook.com/linda.vogel.75

Linda
Old 09-08-2018, 04:02 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry guys but today's races are cancelled. It rained last night and more to come this morning. The shop will be open 12 noon - 7 p.m. today if you need anything or just want to bash Mother Nature. Hope to see you all next week!

Linda
Old 09-14-2018, 08:15 AM
Tech Adept

Well, it looks like Mother Nature wins this weekend also! We thought we had a chance to race tomorrow, but upon further examination of the track, there is way too much work to do. The torrential rain and thunderstorms we had this week put a hurtin' on it. There are several inches of sand that have to be removed before it can even dry. Drizzle this morning and clouds all day will not help the cause. Now the forecast is showers for tomorrow so we don't even have Sunday as an option. So once again we're cancelled for this weekend. This shop will be open tomorrow 12 noon - 7 p.m.

Linda
Old 09-21-2018, 04:45 PM
Tech Adept

This is what you get when you leave an old, one armed man with the blower for ten minutes! I had to play nurse and did pretty good considering I pass out when I see blood! We'll need a little help in the morning with the blower. Ron is no longer allowed to play with it! Hope to see some good racing tomorrow!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f..._tn__=EHH-RH-R
Old 09-22-2018, 04:51 PM
Tech Adept

Beautiful day today, but not enough to race And marshal. So we had practice. Thanks to Cappy and Greg for blowing off and sweeping the track before we got started. Saw some good running between Harry and Greg. Rob was actually here! I got to talk to Jared today about school. Always enjoy our conversations. He's well versed and has life plans. Carmel stopped by and also helped with the track. Hope we get some racing in soon. Thanks to those who did come out.
Old 09-28-2018, 05:30 PM
Tech Adept

Well, tomorrow's races are cancelled. No much response to racing tomorrow here. There is still water on the track so it would be some work to get ready. Unfortunately not enough interest in racing here. So we'll see what next weekend holds. Thanks to the few who did reply.
The shop will be open tomorrow 12 noon - 7 p.m.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Judge Judy
This is what you get when you leave an old, one armed man with the blower for ten minutes! I had to play nurse and did pretty good considering I pass out when I see blood! We'll need a little help in the morning with the blower. Ron is no longer allowed to play with it! Hope to see some good racing tomorrow!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f..._tn__=EHH-RH-R

Old 10-02-2018, 10:51 AM
Tech Adept

This is for the guys who can't check my link to FB since they aren't active on FB. Ron has seen the third DR. yesterday and has to get an MRI.

Linda
Old 10-04-2018, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

old man …...hell it's to far from his heart he will be ok

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.