Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic RC Racing
Family Hobbies Raceway Vineland N.J. opening day April 2nd. >

Family Hobbies Raceway Vineland N.J. opening day April 2nd.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree39Likes

Family Hobbies Raceway Vineland N.J. opening day April 2nd.

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-30-2018, 05:00 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Family Hobbies Raceway Vineland N.J. opening day April 2nd.
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Judge Judy
Latest Race Results

Opening day- April 7th and we race(weather permitting)every Sat until the end of October

Registration 10:30- 11:30, racing starts at 12 noon.
You can get here as early as you want to set up, but no one is permitted on
the track until registration starts at 10:30.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Here is a link to yesterday's results.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

We had a light turnout yesterday but it doesn't matter how many people you have, it's how much fun you can have. The best race for me was in 1/10th 4wd. buggy. Harry has picked up racing his buggy really quickly and is now a contender. Kyle has improved a lot with his buggy and become one of the favorites. Kyle started out A1 in the lead but had issues that took him out early. Allen was in second and took the lead at that point. Harry came from last to get the lead with only 3 laps to go, for the win. Kyle was ready for A2, but so was Harry. He lead 19 laps with Kyle slowly gaining the whole race from passing Allen for second about lap 6 and continuing to hunt Harry down. The last lap Kyle was right there and when Harry baubbled, Kyle got by and took the win. I believe that was heading up the berm to the final turn. Definitely a crowd pleaser. In Short Course it was all Scooby. Allen did a good job also running his stadium truck. Greg is still gaining skills and getting some consistent lap times with his 2wd. Slash. He's also getting better at marshaling. I even heard him busting on Ron! Sr. just couldn't get his truck to work after trying his stadium truck. In E-buggy Scooby is usually the one to beat. His car had some issues in A1 while he was in the lead, taking him out of contention. Rich was having a good day and proved to be the one who could maybe catch Scooby. Rich gained the lead when Scooby went out taking the win with 2 laps on the field. Note that Scooby turned the only 16 lap run in qualifying and Rich and Harry the only 15s. Harry actually dropped from 2nd to 5th early in A1 but came back to get second in the end. In A2 Harry was leading the main with Rich and Scooby close behind. I can hear Harry now: "I'm leading the A-main!" Well, he had his lap but Scooby said that was all he was getting this time around and took the lead the next lap. Rich never lost second with Harry third. Tim was running well also, turning his most consistent laps in A2 which showed in his final lap totals. I'm always telling people to look for consistency in lap times. This means you have a line and you can put your car in it. Look at the times of the people who win and you'll see what I mean. Keith did a good job and finally shook off some of the bad luck he had all day to pull out a good finish in A2. Kieran also got a decent finish in A2 after having issues in A1. Between Scooby and Kieran there is a lot of laughter coming from those pits. All in all it was a good day! Thanks to everyone who came out and to those who marshaled more than the normal area since we were short about 2 marshals most of the time. Great job guys! Thanks those who carry equipment back and forth also. I still can't believe the blue groove is still there! This coming Saturday is supposed to be beautiful fall weather! Hope to see you all then!

Linda
Old 09-24-2017, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by harry697
Is there still a novice class? My son is wanting to race, but not sure he's up to pace with all you animals. I'm sure he can handle Ron, but that's not saying much.
Sorry this is late, but to answer your question, yes, there is a Novice class. Unfortunately there's usually not enough to fill a heat. In that case, they have to run with the other guys. That's why they should race a car that is close to those he might be running with. Like Greg, who runs a 2wd. short course truck but can run with the 4wds. since it's still a short course.

Just come out and we'll get you squared away.

Linda
Old 09-28-2017, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Here is the link to the current point standings. I finally got the points caught up and am still able to edit the website pages but can't upload them since our website is gone. But I took pics of the pages so I could get them up quickly. The ones shown are the racers that either already have 10 races in or still have a chance to get them. There are 4 points races left. Remember you get two bonus points for every race after ten that you get as you drop your worst scores.https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Note that E-buggy is split into 3 photos because of how many either have 10 races or can make the last 4 to complete their 10.

Linda
Old 10-01-2017, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Here is the link to the results. Great time yesterday! The wind played havoc on the cars, but everyone did their best to keep them from flying away! I enjoyed watching Katie with her new 1/10th buggy. She gained a lap from round 1 to round 2. She's a natural! Keep it up girl!
Thanks to everyone who came out and helped out! Hope to see you all again this Saturday!

Linda
Old 10-07-2017, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Here is a link to the current track records.

Great time today! Thanks everyone for coming out! There was some close racing in the E-buggy mains. Jason did a great job battling with Harry for second. Larry can wheel a truggy! Good to see Rob being able to come out. He doesn't race often but when he does his skills show. I enjoyed watching Jared as he mentioned earlier he would push his short course truck in the mains to see what it would really do. New racers Jesse and Colin were back and did pretty well. Hope they get a transponder soon so we can see their laps. Good to see Lou Fusco out and about! Pat did better today also. It takes time. Everyone learns at a different rate. I think Mike is secretly practicing when he says he working, so he can come back and kick some big butt! Kyle was the 'wild child' today. Short course was pure funny chaos! Greg is getting the hang of it also. He runs his 2wd. Slash about as good as the 4x4s. Also had new racer Kevin here today. I though he did a great job being his first race. Hope he comes back. There are 3 races left, so get your outdoor fix in!

Well done everybody! Hope to see you all next Saturday.

Linda

Last edited by Whosold; 10-07-2017 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Next season I'm looking at making this my home track for Nitro Buggy. Whos wit me???
Old 10-10-2017, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Here are the current point standings. There are two point races left and Fun day. All you need is 10 races to get an award, no matter where you finish.

Linda
Old 10-13-2017, 07:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is racing going to be tomorrow or Sunday? Looks like some rain tomorrow.
Old 10-14-2017, 04:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jersey
Is racing going to be tomorrow or Sunday? Looks like some rain tomorrow.
No Rain just low clouds this morning with Sun this afternoon.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Kinda wet here . Littleman and I are at work but we will be there in time for the first qualifier Kyle is bringing SCT and 4wheel buggy batteries are charging
Old 10-14-2017, 06:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Is it to wet today? It's still raining by me
Old 10-14-2017, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Old 10-14-2017, 12:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

No one really showed up but track was dry ☹️
Old 10-18-2017, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Don't forget this Saturday is our last points race and the 28th is "Fun Day!" We usually do a twist in the program like half the mains one direction then turn around and go the other. Scooby remembers the last one! Jim keeps winning the short course main every year! They are so much fun the guys still talk about them for a long time. I usually have very little control that day. We also give out the awards to those who made 10 races. So come out and get your fun fix! See you all this Sat. for regular racing and the 28th for a fun finale!

Linda
Old 10-18-2017, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

I wanted to address those who posted about last week's racing. By 8:00 a.m. we are at the track and have no way to check on line for notifications. Yeah, we live in the dark ages. So, we apologize to you guys. Also thanks to those who did show up. Unfortunately there wouldn't have been enough people anyway. We did expect to race.

Linda

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.