Adrenaline RC Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 06:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Steve,

Sorry, Practice starts at 9am and racing begins at 10:30
Old 08-26-2015, 06:43 PM
Tech Initiate

So, Adrenaline I asked the other day what time practice started and what time racing started. Are you going to answer the question? Do I need to start making plans to go to another track on Saturday?

Sorry, Practice starts at 9am and racing begins at 10:30
Old 08-26-2015, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Looks like I can make it. Sounds like a good turnout, see you Saturday
Old 08-27-2015, 08:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ok let's get a roll call going for this weekend! Who plans on winning some cash this weekend?? So far, I think it's me, Hunter, Damien, Steve hein for nitro buggy. Let's get a good local turnout going this weekend. The weather will be beautiful and I know they have been workin on the track for two days. It's going to be great! I'm wondering if there may be a new jump upon our arrival, guess I'll have to wait and see...
Old 08-30-2015, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Did anyone take pictures of the Main results?
Old 08-30-2015, 05:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
Did anyone take pictures of the Main results?
Check out our facebook page. I just posted results and tons of pictures

-Seth
Old 08-31-2015, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Seth! Man, I would've been 3rd if I hadn't flamed out 3 times. :|

Thanks for putting on a good race even with the technical difficulties! I had a good time.

I do have a few comments in regards to how we as racers MUST conduct ourselves. I have been doing this for many years(even though my driving doesn't really reflect it ;P ), never have I seen or heard such poor etiquette on the stand as I did Saturday.

DO NOT yell at the Corner Marshalls, they didn't wreck your car, you did. Be patient and thank them after they do marshal your car.

DO NOT try to tell other racers on the stand to get out of your way, this is the Race Director's job. If you are that much faster, you will find a way around. Once again, a little patience goes a long way. Especially in the Main, I'm not moving over unless the race director says something, As far as I know, we are on the same lap and the pass is for position. So whining and complaining on the stand because you can't get around someone is not the answer. Especially when they are going the same speed as you. This is unacceptable!

Be ready for your race. I know that there were a few changes to the schedule, but there was a lot of waiting around for people that weren't ready. Just remember that when you go to a big race, you aren't going to get those 2 minutes, you have to be ready or you will miss your race.

I hope this helps. Remember that we are doing this for fun. If you aren't having fun, leave so the rest of us can.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Seth! Man, I would've been 3rd if I hadn't flamed out 3 times. :|

Thanks for putting on a good race even with the technical difficulties! I had a good time.

I do have a few comments in regards to how we as racers MUST conduct ourselves. I have been doing this for many years(even though my driving doesn't really reflect it ;P ), never have I seen or heard such poor etiquette on the stand as I did Saturday.

DO NOT yell at the Corner Marshalls, they didn't wreck your car, you did. Be patient and thank them after they do marshal your car.

DO NOT try to tell other racers on the stand to get out of your way, this is the Race Director's job. If you are that much faster, you will find a way around. Once again, a little patience goes a long way. Especially in the Main, I'm not moving over unless the race director says something, As far as I know, we are on the same lap and the pass is for position. So whining and complaining on the stand because you can't get around someone is not the answer. Especially when they are going the same speed as you. This is unacceptable!

Be ready for your race. I know that there were a few changes to the schedule, but there was a lot of waiting around for people that weren't ready. Just remember that when you go to a big race, you aren't going to get those 2 minutes, you have to be ready or you will miss your race.

I hope this helps. Remember that we are doing this for fun. If you aren't having fun, leave so the rest of us can.
i agree with that 100% with just a few more things to add. one thing i saw that triggered some (not all) of the yelling and i was a victim of it not this weekend but last time i was there which is marshalls on their cell phones and just not paying attention and watching their spot. a marshall from different section had to get a car that was in front of another marshall that was so into his conversation that he didn't notice it.

And one thing i'd like to add to help improve the races there is to work on the way the nitro races are started. i was down in the pit helping my pitman get my buggy running during what i thought was a refuel before taking the cars to the grid for the start when that race was started from pit lane. i was having issues with my car so it really didn't matter in my case but i really don't understand or like starting a main from pit lane, imho the cars should be taken down to the grid on the track and have a drop start from down there. too easy for a car to crash leaving the pit or get into another car and blocking the whole thing up letting anyone ahead of that get away. again just an idea for future races, seth and amy are awesome people and trying very hard for us and your work is greatly appreciated. learning curves are to be expected with a track so new and i see great things in the future at adrenaline. i'm done there for the outdoor season but i will see you guys for some indoor 1/8 ebuggy. thanks again to seth, amy and jacob.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Shein you must have never been hit by a 1/8th scale. Pit road starts are done for safety reasons. Pit men have no place on the track during racing. It can lead to some pretty hard hits. I've saw it over and over again. This is why I start from pit road at my track and others are adapting the same thing. As a race director you just need to be prepared for a restart. We do not race out of pit road we roll out.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Homer Allman
Shein you must have never been hit by a 1/8th scale. Pit road starts are done for safety reasons. Pit men have no place on the track during racing. It can lead to some pretty hard hits. I've saw it over and over again. This is why I start from pit road at my track and others are adapting the same thing. As a race director you just need to be prepared for a restart. We do not race out of pit road we roll out.
i have but fair enough, i've only done trackside drops and all the footage of big races i've seen have done the same thing so i thought it was the norm. didn't know pit lane starts were common.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by shein95
i have but fair enough, i've only done trackside drops and all the footage of big races i've seen have done the same thing so i thought it was the norm. didn't know pit lane starts were common.
Every BIG nitro race I have seen like IFMAR world's or any of those races have "starting" boxes on the striaght away where they start the races from. I don't mind pit road starts like at tiltyard were you cut the track and do a rolling start on the back stretch. That format works great too. Pit road starts are fine, just need to be better cordinated. But there are major race events that start from "start" boxes or starting grids on the striaght away. Either way works fine. At adrenaline rc there would be plenty of time for pit men to get safely back behind pit road before the cars come back around on the straight away.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:10 PM
Tech Adept

One challenge I've notice at adrenaline is just about every race start has a wreck mainly because at the end of the straight away is a double cross back shecane. So whether it's ebuggy or nitro buggy. Everyone racing on the tone from either the straight away or pit road always ends up in some kind of "bunch up" or wreck. Usually ithe involves the entire field needed to be marshaled on the start. I some how get lucky and make it through but always look back to see at least 5 cars on their lid because everyone races on the tone into 3 very tight cross back turns.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

I've never raced a nitro race either on or off road where we didn't do ifmar starts. Maybe if Seth wanted to take that piece of pipe out between the 180 on the right side of the track and the front straight to allow more room for starts? Could even make it remove able so that just the start it is removed and then the marshal there puts it back on lap 1.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:23 AM
Tech Initiate

I've never raced a nitro race either on or off road where we didn't do ifmar starts. Maybe if Seth wanted to take that piece of pipe out between the 180 on the right side of the track and the front straight to allow more room for starts? Could even make it remove able so that just the start it is removed and then the marshal there puts it back on lap 1.
We will get a better layout next year to accommodate better starting for Nitro guys. I seems to me we also need work on getting enough pit guys for the drivers so that Nitro goes more smoothly. A removable solution sounds like a pretty cool idea. My track guy and I will spend some time this fall thinking of ways to make that work right.

-Seth
Old 09-06-2015, 08:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Homer Allman
Homer, thanks for the wisdom. I am very concerned about safety. I am not willing to compromise safety.

-Seth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.