Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic RC Racing
R-C PRO RACING 2015 RACE SEASON >

R-C PRO RACING 2015 RACE SEASON

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R-C PRO RACING 2015 RACE SEASON

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 05:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by munrath
Is there any chance racing can be on Saturday? Makes getting home easier and no beach traffic. Something tells me this will be my home track this year.

Mark
Yeah would be much easier for us out of town guys
Old 03-08-2015, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony montana
Yeah would be much easier for us out of town guys
Yes, It is easier Saturday for the out of town guys to travel. I can't do 3.30hrs trip on Sunday
Old 03-08-2015, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys, I think Roger needs help running the races on Sat. Is there anyone out there that could do it for us? If someone steps up then Sat. would work. This could be a warm up for the ROAR race also. Roger, correct me if I am wrong.

Mark, We will be doing a lot of racing at RC PRO this year. Can't wait to get out there.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:12 PM
Tech Regular

What if one Saturday a month he ran a Saturday race or every other week one Saturday one Sunday, first Saturday of the month Saturday series
Old 03-08-2015, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I got no problem helping out on Saturdays. But my plans are to run the Awesome series in the spring and summer until they switch to Sundays in August. Plus I want the kids to run as much as they can since the last 2 summers were a bust for them. Let me see what I can do.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Love to run Saturday, need help calling the races. I've been looking for a race announcer for a while.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

4/4/15 we are looking for help freshening up the track. We are putting in a monitor on pit lane and power on pit lane, Need some painting, pit lane and hitching posts.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by R-C PRO RACING
4/4/15 we are looking for help freshening up the track. We are putting in a monitor on pit lane and power on pit lane, Need some painting, pit lane and hitching posts.
We will be there!!
Old 03-09-2015, 04:15 AM
FDJ
Tech Regular

I was planning on running at RC Pro on some of the Sundays since I work on Saturday. If you are switching to Saturday have fun. I will wait for Awesome Rc later in the year. I just wish when tracks put out a schedule they would stick to it. Prepping stuff to race and then to have a few people complain and then the track give in and change the schedule is ridiculous.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:06 AM
Tech Regular

I agree I was planning on racing there as well because I too work every sat and Sunday would have been nice I never get to do many other tracks because they always are on sat and I just can't take every sat off to play and then a few guys like complain ridiculous and everything changes to suit the few
Old 03-09-2015, 07:00 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I race on the weekends. Either day. But FDJ is right. If schedule has already been made then...
Old 03-09-2015, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

Guys
I do not think Roger is talking about changing his entire race schedule. I was thinking it was just the first race. Being that he does not have a race announcer on Saturday I do not think that will happen

I for one like Sunday's also, but I understand the statement regarding the people out of town traveling further than we do
Old 03-09-2015, 07:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I wasn't asking to totally switch to saturdays. One Saturday every now and then would work. Hell I can help call some racing as long as someone's helps out when I'm up to race
Old 03-09-2015, 12:48 PM
Tech Rookie

We’ll its almost time for the outdoor season again. Really hoping we are headed for even a better season than we had last year. Like always the 1\8 electric racers will take the short coming on the track even though we pay the exact same amount as the 1\8 nitro drivers. Seems like when it comes to the mains the electric guys and gals get shorted on track time even though double A’s and triple A’s are always a possibility. I know we have the choice to run nitro, but we choose not to, just as some of the nitro people choose not to run electric.

I have thought of some of the cures for the problem but I already know they won’t please everyone and probably upset some of the track owners and other drivers. I guess you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all the people all the time.

Track owners, run two qualifiers instead of three and add double or triple A’s for the electric classes. We will still get the same run time as if you had run 3 rounds and mains. Two qualifiers and a main for the nitro (20 minute main) = 30. Most qualifiers are 5 minutes and mains for electric are 10 minutes. Nitro = 2 X 5 min qualifiers + 20 min Main = 30 minutes. Electric = 2 X 5 min qualifiers + 2 X 10 min mains = 30 minutes. This looks much better to me and should make the program work much smoother. If the nitro mains are going to be 30 minutes then add a main to the 1\8 electric classes. This gives everyone the same time on the track.

The track owners could lower the price for the electric classes. Like $5.00 less per class to make up for less track time or charge the nitro $5.00 more for the added track time.

The next would take a little work with the RC Pro program but I know it can be done. It was showed to me by one of the track owners. Have the electric buggy marshal for the electric truggy and the electric truggy marshal for the electric buggy. This would also work for the nitro classes for the mains. This will end the complaint that the electric has to marshal the longer mains for the nitro. This is a constant complaint I have heard over and over by many people.

I am posting this on multiple RC Tech track pages. I hope it doesn’t cause too many problems, just trying to make things fair for everyone.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It doesn't have to be every Saturday, but once a month or every other week would be great. Frank, I'm not sure how long that track will be around as it's for sale according to a link someone sent me. I think it could be a win/win for the track and the racers... IMO for some Saturdays and Sundays. More out of town guys able to make it, and seems like guys are willing to make the drive. It's food for thought that's all. Hell my wife likes Sundays so we can go out Friday nights... I like Saturdays so I can get home late and sleep in on Sundays and rest for work on Mondays... ROFL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.