Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic RC Racing
2015 Hobby Hut Raceway Schedule >

2015 Hobby Hut Raceway Schedule

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Hobby Hut Raceway Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

What are the tires of choice at Hobby Hut?
Old 03-08-2015, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

we are just 3 weeks away for the warm up race i'm ready for outdoor season
Old 03-08-2015, 08:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kslimm0714
we are just 3 weeks away for the warm up race i'm ready for outdoor season
2 weeks and 6 days.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Need a few weeks of warm sun for that to happen
Old 03-09-2015, 12:46 PM
Tech Rookie

We’ll its almost time for the outdoor season again. Really hoping we are headed for even a better season than we had last year. Like always the 1\8 electric racers will take the short coming on the track even though we pay the exact same amount as the 1\8 nitro drivers. Seems like when it comes to the mains the electric guys and gals get shorted on track time even though double A’s and triple A’s are always a possibility. I know we have the choice to run nitro, but we choose not to, just as some of the nitro people choose not to run electric.

I have thought of some of the cures for the problem but I already know they won’t please everyone and probably upset some of the track owners and other drivers. I guess you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all the people all the time.

Track owners, run two qualifiers instead of three and add double or triple A’s for the electric classes. We will still get the same run time as if you had run 3 rounds and mains. Two qualifiers and a main for the nitro (20 minute main) = 30. Most qualifiers are 5 minutes and mains for electric are 10 minutes. Nitro = 2 X 5 min qualifiers + 20 min Main = 30 minutes. Electric = 2 X 5 min qualifiers + 2 X 10 min mains = 30 minutes. This looks much better to me and should make the program work much smoother. If the nitro mains are going to be 30 minutes then add a main to the 1\8 electric classes. This gives everyone the same time on the track.

The track owners could lower the price for the electric classes. Like $5.00 less per class to make up for less track time or charge the nitro $5.00 more for the added track time.

The next would take a little work with the RC Pro program but I know it can be done. It was showed to me by one of the track owners. Have the electric buggy marshal for the electric truggy and the electric truggy marshal for the electric buggy. This would also work for the nitro classes for the mains. This will end the complaint that the electric has to marshal the longer mains for the nitro. This is a constant complaint I have heard over and over by many people.

I am posting this on multiple RC Tech track pages. I hope it doesn’t cause too many problems, just trying to make things fair for everyone.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

we at hobbyhut run double a mains and will continue to do so . thanks for your concern. mike

ps with a post like that you should also post your name !!
Old 03-09-2015, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by I-INC
We’ll its almost time for the outdoor season again. Really hoping we are headed for even a better season than we had last year. Like always the 1\8 electric racers will take the short coming on the track even though we pay the exact same amount as the 1\8 nitro drivers. Seems like when it comes to the mains the electric guys and gals get shorted on track time even though double A’s and triple A’s are always a possibility. I know we have the choice to run nitro, but we choose not to, just as some of the nitro people choose not to run electric.

I have thought of some of the cures for the problem but I already know they won’t please everyone and probably upset some of the track owners and other drivers. I guess you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all the people all the time.

Track owners, run two qualifiers instead of three and add double or triple A’s for the electric classes. We will still get the same run time as if you had run 3 rounds and mains. Two qualifiers and a main for the nitro (20 minute main) = 30. Most qualifiers are 5 minutes and mains for electric are 10 minutes. Nitro = 2 X 5 min qualifiers + 20 min Main = 30 minutes. Electric = 2 X 5 min qualifiers + 2 X 10 min mains = 30 minutes. This looks much better to me and should make the program work much smoother. If the nitro mains are going to be 30 minutes then add a main to the 1\8 electric classes. This gives everyone the same time on the track.

The track owners could lower the price for the electric classes. Like $5.00 less per class to make up for less track time or charge the nitro $5.00 more for the added track time.

The next would take a little work with the RC Pro program but I know it can be done. It was showed to me by one of the track owners. Have the electric buggy marshal for the electric truggy and the electric truggy marshal for the electric buggy. This would also work for the nitro classes for the mains. This will end the complaint that the electric has to marshal the longer mains for the nitro. This is a constant complaint I have heard over and over by many people.

I am posting this on multiple RC Tech track pages. I hope it doesn’t cause too many problems, just trying to make things fair for everyone.
If someone breaks the first lap into the qualifier, should they get a $5 discount because they didn't have the same track time as the guy that was able to complete their race?

It really is interesting how some people equate track time to how much they pay for a class. From a track owner's perspective, he (or she) may be just looking to cover the cost of getting the track together for the weekend.

It's not about how much time you spend on the track for them, it's about recouping costs. They probably could care less about how much time you actually spend on the track. They could give YOU a $5 discount for running electric and run the race day the way YOU want it run, but what about all the other racers that show up?

Or maybe, as you suggest, increase the cost $5 for the nitro guys... so the nitro guys go to the other track that charges the price this track should be charging.

And yes it's true, electric classes in 1/8th tend to be the ugly step child... let me play the world's smallest violin for you.

But let's get this straight... you spend $400 on a kit, $250 on a speed controller, $150 on a motor, $200 in batteries, $300 for a transmitter and receiver, and $100 for a transponder... that's $1400... and then complain about the $5 "extra" you have to pay. That's logical.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:23 PM
Tech Prophet

No need to spend $250 on a Esc or motor and lipos or radio , transponers /servos brand new also just saying peoples choices though its not my money lol.

I get what you are saying though and my opinion is go to the track earlyier and practice and run two electric classes .

the 1/8 E-Buggy being the ugly step child hum ok .
Old 03-10-2015, 09:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

If you dont like the way a track operates, why keep going? Or better yet, build your own track, and run how you see fit. I think you'll find it's not as easy as you think. I've seen first hand how hard mike (and others) worked to get hobby hut to where it is now. Long hours after work on weekdays and track prep all weekend, these guys put a ton of time & effort into these tracks not to mention money. All that time so people can show up and complain that they dont get enough track time, or the track is to wet/dry, there is a rock here or there, the pit lane is to hard to get on/off. This a hobby that is supposed to be fun. Part of the reason I got out of racing is becase I got so tired of all the complaining. Getting off my soapbox now, Sorry for the rant... i'll show myself out
~Greg
P.S. Have a great season!

Last edited by skitlerz; 03-11-2015 at 04:11 AM.
Old 03-11-2015, 03:09 PM
Tech Addict

Greg thanks , and you need to at least come and practice .
Old 03-15-2015, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Bump -- 2 week reminder.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LIVipers
What are the tires of choice at Hobby Hut?
Depends on track conditions, but I use either Impacts or Grid Irons. I may stray into Catapults once in a while to remind myself why I don't like them.. lol

So, small to medium pin stuff will work.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

electric have been fair for everyone at the Hut. I run Ebuggy along with nitro. I don't think any discounts should be giving to anyone. The cost to race is the same at any track and electric don't get any special attention unless they running with nitro cars.... Just my 2 cents.

OAN I hope weather works out great for the next couple weeks. I have some new equipment and hope to get some run time with them . Hope to be a force to be wrecking with this season

Originally Posted by I-INC

Old 03-17-2015, 02:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

I-INC its time to find another hobby or you could run your rcs in a field all day for free! How to people come up with this shi**?
Old 03-17-2015, 05:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mar34r
we at hobbyhut run double a mains and will continue to do so . thanks for your concern. mike

ps with a post like that you should also post your name !!
No worries though...he did make a little bit of sense...e classes should Marshalle classes...sick of traction rolling over just for the mMarshall to act like he is picking up a damn grenade!? Then you got to yell out and remind him that it won't bite lol Over the weekend I heard this whole argument about e classes getting cut short at a local indoor track and overheard a fella that was doing the similar complaining as we see here refer to his rc cars as investments and what he was getting back out of them to make it worth his investment!? The only investment your making is to your inner kid fella....seems to me he has been inhaling to many solder fumes!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.