Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic RC Racing
New Jersey 1/5th Scale Onroad Champs!!! 8/31/2014 >

New Jersey 1/5th Scale Onroad Champs!!! 8/31/2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Jersey 1/5th Scale Onroad Champs!!! 8/31/2014

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Mains and Qualifier Duration and MORE!

Guys here are the duration plus more....

For 2WD, 4WD & F1
1) A total of two (2) qualifiers per class. Each qualifier 10 minutes long.
2) If there are 8 or more cars per class, we will allow a maximum of 5 cars per qualifier.
3) Mains: Duration will be 25 minutes long.
4) If there are 10 or more cars per class, we will run a B-main. The winner of the B-main will be allowed to race in the A-main .

Note:
There will be a change from what we did during the last big event. If there is a need for a marshal to enter the track, the cars will NOT stop to wait for the affected car(s) to be assisted. Instead, the race announcer will instruct the drivers to slow down to ~50% speed and passing will not be allowed. If you pass during this time period the driver must serve a 10 secs STOP AND GO. The race announcer will instruct the drivers when to resume normal race mode.

The lap counter and/or time will NOT stop.

Now let's hope for the weather to stop changing
Old 08-27-2014, 06:49 PM
Tech Addict

I was hoping to use VP Powermix fuel which would require a pit stop during the main. Is there a pit area to do that? Either way we're coming and looking forward to a great day.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tbaffer
I was hoping to use VP Powermix fuel which would require a pit stop during the main. Is there a pit area to do that? Either way we're coming and looking forward to a great day.
We are all using pump gas.....specialty fuels will not be fair for others.
Pit stops ARE allowed, but you CAN'T refuel.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by marcosmecha
Guys here are the duration plus more....

For 2WD, 4WD & F1
1) A total of two (2) qualifiers per class. Each qualifier 10 minutes long.
2) If there are 8 or more cars per class, we will allow a maximum of 5 cars per qualifier.
3) Mains: Duration will be 25 minutes long.
4) If there are 10 or more cars per class, we will run a B-main. The winner of the B-main will be allowed to race in the A-main .

Note:
There will be a change from what we did during the last big event. If there is a need for a marshal to enter the track, the cars will NOT stop to wait for the affected car(s) to be assisted. Instead, the race announcer will instruct the drivers to slow down to ~50% speed and passing will not be allowed. If you pass during this time period the driver must serve a 10 secs STOP AND GO. The race announcer will instruct the drivers when to resume normal race mode.

The lap counter and/or time will NOT stop.

Now let's hope for the weather to stop changing
Let's go over all of this on Saturday and again on Sunday morning....Safety should be the number one concern with this class....
Old 08-28-2014, 03:21 PM
Tech Addict

Are 2 speeds allowed?
Old 08-28-2014, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Not really, but if that is all you have bring it as well.....
Old 08-29-2014, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

Default just my observations

races like this scare me because of so many reasons. There is my two cents...this is a competitive Race right?.......there are ROAR rules for this scale (except for four wheel drive sedan) of which most of us are familiar with. You can use these rules as guidelines but when you start making exceptions you are looking for some sort advantages, than have a class "run what you brung". At most venues the four wheel drive sedan run in a modified class which can include two wheel driven cars also, but the 4-wheel drives don't with two wheel drive classes,,,with 23cc engine sedans----just saying.

Last edited by d OG black flag; 08-29-2014 at 05:24 AM. Reason: senetence structure
Old 08-29-2014, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

keep in mind that ROAR and IFMAR has rules governing these scale characteristics for sedan and formula one classes. Are you following these basic chassis requirements (as the manufactures of these car are required to) Off road trucks and buggies do not meet these requirements regardless of the personal modifications. Please provide some clarifications as to what exceptions you are allowing outside the parameters that have been historically established.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

In my opinion, I think it is way too late to change the format from the first race....The race is in two days....

Have no fear guys, we will adjust the format/specs to make it fun for all. This is your race, and we'll iron out what we need to tomorrow and Sunday.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

As far as Saturday practice goes, I'll be rolling in around 10am to prep the track, so if anyone gets there earlier, just set up camp and track should be ready around Noon....

The 1/10th scale section still should be pretty good from last week to practice on, but I know the two back straights will be pretty dirty, so avoid that section until I can get to it....
Old 08-29-2014, 08:46 AM
Tech Addict

I think the race director is trying to get as many people to race as possible. There are not many venues to race 5th scale and having a big turnout can only help develop the classes. I have been running races for 25 years - Off road as well as On Road. When classes aren't filling up we have always allowed cars that were marginal to run. This will be a fun race. I do not anticipate the 1/8th scale or TC mentality that says "I have to win no matter what".
I have been to and run hundreds of races but never a 5th scale. I am bringing my cameras and my son and I know we will have a good time. I am also bringing some GRP tires for prizes. I would have brought some VP Powermix fuels for prizes also but you guys don't use it.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Thank you.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

I have been to and run hundreds of races but never a 5th scale.
Same here....This is new to me too, and got a lot of great info from the NY guys last time they were here....

I am also bringing some GRP tires for prizes. I would have brought some VP Powermix fuels for prizes also but you guys don't use it.
Thanks Tom! Bring the fuel too so we can see what it is, and gather more info on it....
Old 08-29-2014, 11:29 AM
Tech Addict

I sell the Powermix fuel and tons of nitro fuel. I have over 150 cases in stock on a regular basis. The Powermix fuel will make the car go faster, run cooler and have absolutely no gasoline smell. When you bring your car into your house or your vehicle there is no stinky smell. The wives love it. It is available in quarts, gallons and 5 gallon cans. I have 25 to 1, 40 to 1 and 50 to 1.
I will bring quarts/gallons and give them to the race director to hand out as he sees fit.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:19 PM
Tech Adept

Will the track be clean for saturdays test and tune

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.