Community
Wiki Posts
Search

G-Force Hobbies ON-ROAD Racing

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Default Big talk about lane size

Ok we can all end it the track lanes will not be changed!!!!!! now we have something else to talk about like getting some work done down there this sunday. After we get the all the work done and repairs maid we can all have a great season of fun racing.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kewdawg
Truth be told, the driver's stand really needs to be another 4 ft. Higher for better depth perception. Making the track MORE narrow will make your ability to judge distances between the barriers that much harder. Stop smoking whatever it is you on. Drugs are bad, guys.
Quinn,quinn,quinn, NO we can not make it higher do you want to get a nose bleed ? Just wear your high healed sneakers.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:53 PM
Tech Addict

Personally I like the layout the way it is it not bad at all. Some minor changes and where gonna have a great season. Plus I got plenty O practice on it.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I don't think lane width is the issue... nor is it the driver's stand height.

The issue is turn radius. The larger scale you go, the larger the turn natural radius. And what I had done was basically figured that every turn on that diagram was going to be at least a 3ft turn diameters (and the only one on there was the one on the left side of the track after coming in front of the driver's stand).

All of the turn diameters in the S-turns were intended to be 5ft diameter turns... and all of these could be "expanded" to 6 or even 10ft if you really wanted (they ended up not being to scale as I dragged and moved the elements a bit). But 5ft is a big distance, even for a 5th scale, to make a turn. It's not on a dot like the S-turn in front of the driver's stand now.

I watched some videos online of 5th scales running, and they seem to be able to handle a nice 4-5ft turn radius without a problem. It was either an IFMAR or EFRA event, so everything was 15ft wide... not 20 or 25.

And Quinn is right about the height of the driver's stand gives you better depth perspection... but BD's drivers' stand is one of the highest I've seen (onroad or offroad), only to be rivaled by Joliet (I bet they are about the same, but hard to say without measuring).

Here's a rule of thumb I've used for offroad... the farther away from the driver's stand, the wider the lane... for example, at Motorama, lanes right in front of the driver's stand were 12ft... but the back stretch was 18ft. It certainly does help. Could do the same thing on this layout.

But not a problem if John and Dan don't want to use it, I know there are priorities for other items at the track which I believe should be taken care of first. But if you keep the current layout, please please please fix the chicane in front of the drivers' stand... it's A-arm hungry
Old 02-23-2014, 06:42 AM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Good advice Ray. Much appreciated.

We will be doing all the improvements that time and money permit us to do this year.

Speaking of which - today (Sunday Feb 23rd) is the first volunteer day for the on road track.

Everyone who has the time to do so, come out and show your support!
Old 02-24-2014, 05:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Monday Morning

famous quote on sunday... "It isnt heavy" HAHAHA
Good seeing you guys. Cant wait to shred some tires!
Old 02-28-2014, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

Well, lookie there...
Old 02-28-2014, 11:46 AM
Suspended

Smile Volunteer Day #1

Thanks to those of you who were able to make it out for the first volunteer day at the On-Road track. Also to Shawn Christopher who came out on Tuesday to help John out. We have a few new things getting prepped, including a rooftop to the driver's stand and a new secure container for the race director and storage for track supplies. Another volunteer day will be scheduled very soon!

Old 03-02-2014, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DanielHerbert77
Well, lookie there...
I love that one!

I didn't forget you John, I still owe you a call.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by THE DOCTOR
I love that one!

I didn't forget you John, I still owe you a call.
Thanks Mike I have been down there working all week.As you saw by pics the container got moved over I already built in the sign up window as well as built the new office.I went down early this morning and painted the interior of the container.After the weather clear I intend to move in all the goodies like the comp. tire station and body cleaning sink.All of these will be install perm.I think it would be nice to have all needs in one place.After that weather should be good to start track work. Once I am done ThIS WILL BE THE PLACE TO COME TO.I will be putting up more pics tom.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Looking forward to coming down for some 1/5 2wd TC racing this season, whats the hot tire for the 1/5 scale touring cars there ?

Last edited by Pete32200; 03-02-2014 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

Big thanks to Mike Monack (Airplane guy)for comming out sat and sun to help rubberize new driver stand roof,help start painting drivers stand and interior of new sign up booth much thanks Mike
Old 03-02-2014, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

Default 2014 track

Shortly all the new additions to our track will be completed I hope all racers like what i have done.I will be finishing all the painting of facility this week.After that its all hands on for the track repairs.I will let all know next vol. day for track. we need to get done the track painting,loop,and boards.I hope we can get this done in next few weeks I still have to build the NEW offroad track aswell.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:39 PM
Suspended

Exclamation Volunteer Days

Hello All,

John has put in a lot of his personal cash and time to the on-road track and stand recently and we've also received a sizeable financial donation from Jeff Diehl to help make it happen - so a big thanks goes out to you, Jeff!

John is almost complete with his time invested in this track and now it will come down to the help from the racers out there. We've had a lot of help offered and soon it's going to be the time to take everyone up on those offers. I will be posting a "Volunteer Day" schedule on this thread and on our Facebook page soon. We're still basically waiting for snow to stop dropping on us to really get things rolling out there. Stay tuned to see the dates coming up.

Mainly, we need guys to help come and paint the driver's stand and track. We all want the place looking fresh and new so that's one of our first goals. We're working on the seal-coating also (will broadcast the plan soon for that too). Physical labor and help is always welcome and so are financial contributions of course. We have a lot of purchases to make still at Home Depot / Lowes for materials and paint for both tracks (off-road also) and we'll need to budget wisely to meet our goals. Jeff's contribution, as with any others, will always be put 100% into material specific to track and driver's stand construction, so no worries there.

I will be posting some more photos soon of John's work and volunteer work that's been done out at the track recently. We're making some great progress toward an INCREDIBLE season this year!

** I'm also putting the finishing touches on the on-road (and off-road) schedule, including special events / trophy races / sponsorships - so be on the lookout for that also!
Old 03-05-2014, 12:27 PM
Suspended

Smile More new stuff at the track!

Some more work getting done:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.