Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
first post \ tire question >

first post \ tire question

first post \ tire question

Old 06-10-2016, 09:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Default first post \ tire question

just thought id say hi im mainly into minis so is why i figured id introduce myself here names zach i own a losi mini 8ight t an 2 of the vaterra mini rallys kemorra n kalahari all are a blast an hope to get some advcie form the guys n gals on here. i do have a question for this first thread im looking into possibly getting some of the proline 2.2 trenchers made for the mini revo to put onto the mini 8truggy will these with the deperado wheels botl right up and what would be a safe gearing for it with these since i know theyll be larger n somewhat heavier im running the castle maba micro pro an 41400 kv motor tho will be swappin motor to the mini vxl later on but for now just wanna run it thanks for the time everyone
Old 06-14-2016, 02:31 AM
Tech Regular

Hello and welcome to the forums! The Mini Revo runs 12mm hubs, should be the same as the 8ight T runs IIRC, so yes they will bolt on. As for the gearing, just keep an eye on your temps and gear it down a few teeth on the pinion if it gets too hot. Castle says 200 degrees Fahrenheit is safe for their motors, but I try to stay below 160 degrees with all my motors. An infrared temp gun is a great investment if you plan on doing any gearing and tire swaps.
Old 06-26-2016, 08:56 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks for the welcome an awesome thats what i was after an yea the ir temp guns are good to have on have mine form my nitro dyas long time ago haha they do come in handy i plan to upgrade motors later on to most likly the vxl 380 or the tacon 4 pole 380 not certain on which is the better one i run 2s most all the time don't even own a 3s for thsi thing which would be the better choice.
Old 07-02-2016, 01:58 AM
Tech Regular

I run 2S LiFe and 6S NiMH only in my mini Revo, but I run old school 540 brushed mod and spec (15-19 turn) racing motors in it so I'm not too experienced with small scale brushless motors. I would be careful about putting micro or mini sized systems in the 1/16 Traxxas trucks though. They are larger and heavier than most small scale trucks, closer to 1/12 scale than 1/16. I've heard the micro systems can suffer heat issues in those trucks.

If it were me I'd go for the 4 pole over the VXL 2 pole though, less cogging and more low speed control that way it seems. I have driven both in 1/10 scale trucks and can't stand the feel of sensorless 2 pole motors, maybe I'm too used to brushed motors. 4 poles feel pretty smooth when geared right with low timing, though.
Old 07-02-2016, 12:26 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks yeah im thinking the 4 pole would be better for what i do an tis cheaper too lol have wheels on order have changed my mind on tires just can't stand the whels that the trenchers come on so i have some j conepts rulus 2.2 buggy wheels ordered and now need to decide on what tires to get
Old 07-03-2016, 12:28 AM
Tech Regular

Awesome man! Post some pics of it installed, it looks like a cool motor.

Yea I'm not a huge fan of Proline's rims either. I really like the RPM 2.2 Revolver rims. Now if I could find good 2.2 chevron tread tires that don't weight too much and mount them onto the wide Revolver wheels, I'd be set for my Revo!
Old 07-03-2016, 11:04 AM
Tech Initiate

thats cool yeah im stoked to get my jconcpets rulux in need decide on tires im between goosebumps or barcodes jconcpets 2.2 buggy tires.