Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
Are there still Associated RC18T enthusiasts ? >

Are there still Associated RC18T enthusiasts ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are there still Associated RC18T enthusiasts ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 02:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Are there still Associated RC18T enthusiasts ?

Greetings everyone!

I am a new member to this forum. I was recently searching google to find forums which still discusses the RC18, there are very few.

I am a huge fan of this car and was curious to see if there are other enthusiasts who still use this model. The RC18T is quite a few years old now but in my opinion is still relevant as a killer RC to have.

I have been running a modified RC18T since they first came out in 2004-2005. In March of this year, I decided to build a completely new machine from the ground up. It is my most extensive attempt to date at custom building my idea of the ultimate RC18T using new components I have fabricated as well as stock and aftermarket parts.

I have a blog called PROJECT RC which discusses this custom build in detail, that I thought may interest other RC18T enthusiats. It is a work in progress. There are also other articles besides the RC18T build. Feel free to check it out.

PROJECT RC Home page: https://projectrcblog.wordpress.com/

RC18T Custom Build: https://projectrcblog.wordpress.com/2015/03/05/2/

NOTE 1: Sorry you will have to copy the URLs above to your browser to go to the site, I cannot post links yet as I am new to this forum.

NOTE 2: Please ignore the words in this post that are underlined and shown in red. Don't click on them they are links to random ads and I have no idea why they are there? They appear when viewing as a guest but are not there when viewing as a registered user ? strange

There are links at the bottom of the blog article page to direct you to the various build details.

Cheers,
RC-Christo

Last edited by RC Christo; 05-26-2015 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

RC-Christo

I don't think there are many ppl still racing them but I could be wrong. I have an 18T with a Mamba 25/8000kv set up in it and FT kit. I have been thinking of selling it due to not running it much. I am converting another T to an R due to ppl started racing them around here. I will keep an eye on this thread to see what pops up.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:03 AM
Tech Rookie

tosouthern66

Yes I haven't found too many people still using them which is a shame because they are great RCs. I am not a fan of the RC18T2.

What do you think of the Mamba 25/8000kv setup on yours? I run a Mamba 25 with a 6800kv Himark BL on one of my RC18Ts and it is ridiculously fast, I would imagine an 8000kv would be even faster. The new custom build I am making has a Mamba Micro Pro with a 8200kv set up. I am eager to see this in action.

You should just keep your RC18T
Old 04-20-2015, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

I just sold my hpi mini recon (pretty much same as rc18t), with a hw 5200kv setup. The ball diffs were just too much of a headache. It would do kart wheels for 20 feet without breaking anything which was great.

I now have a losi mini 8ight and feel it's a superior similar sized rc.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Greetings folks,

I have just uploaded another new blog update to the RC18T Modified Build:

Feel free to check it out

Cheers,
RC-Christo
Old 04-24-2015, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

i run a 18r and a 18mt with the widetrack kit and mini lst wheels--LOVE them!! both brushless w/DP gearcovers. they ain't worth spit,so parts are cheap and a ton of fun for bashing around...
Old 04-24-2015, 08:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Great to see more RC18T people out there! You are spot on about the cheap AE parts jeninjohnk. Its worth buying a heap to future proof your rig, if you are a big fan.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

I saw the thread a few days ago and have been itching to reply!! We started a private track a few years ago for the sole purpose of racing mini scale. We have a class for 1/18th trucks. The RC18T chassis is the choice for most racers here. Its not our most popular class but still gets some attention. We usually have a few heats of 1/18th trucks every race night. Here's a few pics of our track below.....

Are there still Associated RC18T enthusiasts ?-photo-3-.jpg
Are there still Associated RC18T enthusiasts ?-photo-2-.jpg
Are there still Associated RC18T enthusiasts ?-photo-4-.jpg
Old 04-25-2015, 08:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi Vines,

That track looks awesome, love the half-pipe. The surface looks good too. One of the great things about the 1/18 scale is that you don't need a huge space to have a decent circuit.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC Christo
love the half-pipe.
We call it the Green Monster!!
Old 05-11-2015, 10:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Greetings guys,

Its been a couple of weeks since my last update.

Just a quick note.. I have just finished publishing a new blog article related to the RC18T build posted on my PROJECT RC website. Cheers

Feel free to check it out.

Sorry I still can't post links yet, but you can reach it with the links on my first post.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have an 18R, it was the first RC car i purchased after a 20 year break from the RC hobby. I purchased my 18R new in 2006 and still run it occasionally. Mine has been upgraded considerably and is a blast to drive. I was happy to see that Associated brought it back to live w/ the 1/18th scale "Apex" which is basically an 18r.
Old 10-27-2019, 07:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by RC Christo
Greetings guys,

Its been a couple of weeks since my last update.

Just a quick note.. I have just finished publishing a new blog article related to the RC18T build posted on my PROJECT RC website. Cheers

Feel free to check it out.

Sorry I still can't post links yet, but you can reach it with the links on my first post.
RC Christo....I just read this dated post, thanks so much for it. I enjoyed it immensely. I sure hope
you are still here.