Mini Eight T

Old 02-22-2015, 07:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Mini Eight T

Hey guys picked up a Mini 8t at the end of last summer and well i finally decided to do some upgrades on it before summer hits and the one thing i was planning on doing was ditching the motor and esc for something different. I am gonna pick up a Traxxas Velineon motor for it and gonna throw a 80A leopard hobbies esc on it since they are relatively cheap unless there is one that you guys recommend. I have been doing some searching and i'm curious is there a away to get the Velineon motor to mount right up with out mods to the mount? i saw a vid on youtube that a guy did but he really had to widen out the holes on the motor mount. I'll be running a 3S lipo in the car so if you guys have potential gear options for me to keep the motor running cool that would be great. I had managed to get the factory motor up to about 200 or so with 3S and was kind of shocked by that temp. Also any other upgrades that y'all have done would be great. i am planning on putting some hot racing aluminum on it hubs and knuckles as well as a swaybar kit to from Losi. This is my first Mini and Losi product so just testing the waters on what y'all are doing. I also picked up a savage nitro last thursday as well so summer can't come fast enough for me.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

All of your questions can be answered here ->
http://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mi...i-8ight-t.html

I'll tackle a few of your questions.

1. The VXL is a drop in, no mods required. I ran this motor in my mini 8t on 3s and minus a heatsink it nothing else to be running. 12t I think is what I ran.

IMHO the turnigy 2848 is a better motor and runs cooler. Cheaper too.

2. The hubs are a decent upgrade but not required. The better upgrade would be the exotek upper deck (the plastic upper deck flexs too much and bends the center ds). Additionally the universals in the front would be a good upgrade. The stock dogbones are really soft.

3. The esc you mentioned is ok, dont have much experience with them. Check the size as real estate is at a premium.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Very good, sir!

But i am a RF Power junkie

Last edited by targetingxmod; 02-24-2015 at 01:06 AM.