Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Mini LST issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 05:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Losi Mini LST issues

I have a heavily upgraded MLST but I cannot seem to get it running properly.

There is one big issue I have not been able to solve.

new MIP ball diffs in front , center and rear
new losi double disk slipper

It barely moves.
If I am holding it in the air and press throttle everything works great. Tons of power, wheels move fast and evenly. No apparent issues.

Once I put it on the ground it can move but sounds like it is majorly slipping. and basically doesn't accelerate. Ive tried tightening the slipper clutch and the front and rear ball diffs, but it doesnt change anything.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong here?
Old 02-24-2015, 11:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MaxxGabriel
I have a heavily upgraded MLST but I cannot seem to get it running properly.

There is one big issue I have not been able to solve.

new MIP ball diffs in front , center and rear
new losi double disk slipper

It barely moves.
If I am holding it in the air and press throttle everything works great. Tons of power, wheels move fast and evenly. No apparent issues.

Once I put it on the ground it can move but sounds like it is majorly slipping. and basically doesn't accelerate. Ive tried tightening the slipper clutch and the front and rear ball diffs, but it doesnt change anything.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong here?
make sure you diff not slipping if you got diff balls... it make like a barking slip sound if it is your diff... i would take out the diff and put a hex driver in both the outdrives and try to spin the gear to see if you can get it to slip... if it does your diff is not set right and do not try to run your truck. if you do this for a long time you will flat spot the balls in the diff and they will not be a ball any more.

go to 9:40 in this vid to show you how to check also this vid will show you how to build it!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_u9yKV2TPM
Old 02-24-2015, 11:25 PM
Tech Adept

also make sure you center ball diff is tight. if it slips it will slip the power to both front and rear!!!
Old 02-25-2015, 03:01 PM
Tech Adept

So I just took out all 3 diffs (which are still new), and rebuilt them. I made sure the center had no slip at all. The center is very tight. Everything felt right when in my hands. Put it back in truck, and I get the same thing.

Truck works perfect when in the air, but can barely move itself when on the ground. There is no barking sound.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

look if your diff are mount in right direction to turn in the same direction
Old 02-25-2015, 06:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by XzedamX
look if your diff are mount in right direction to turn in the same direction
They cannot be mounted backwards due the the ring gear and design of the diff case. They only fit one way. And it runs perfect when I hold it in the air, superfast with all wheels turning at the same speed.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

did u check the wheel hex pins the one i had did same upgraded front an rear diff from mip an a locker in trans then found out two wheels had no pins
Old 02-26-2015, 01:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tdevilman420
did u check the wheel hex pins the one i had did same upgraded front an rear diff from mip an a locker in trans then found out two wheels had no pins
That would be horrible and funny if that was my problem. But mine definitely has hex pins. The wheels and hexes are not stripped either.

Im going to get a tranny locker. If it fixes the issue then I know the issue was with center diff.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:51 PM
Tech Adept

I got it working for a minute. Had to crank those ball diffs so tight my fingers hurt. It worked for a few minutes and then the rear diff loosened. So I get to take it apart again. Maybe try some threadlock on the diff nut.

While it was working it was surprisingly slow. Maybe 15mph. I have the mini velineon system, on 2s lipo, with 20/60 48pitch gearing. I think it really needs 3s with this motor, or a much higher tooth count pinion, like a 25-30t. Though I could just keep it as is and not worry about overheating and get long battery life.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello, I have a Losi mini monster Baja. It takes the same parts at MLST. I need to get front, rear, and center differentials. I also need cv axles to go with set. Can someone tell me a good part numbers of aftermarket parts that will fit my rc car. It is 1/18 th scale. I can't find the original axles anywhere. Part # Losb 0943. The dog bone that goes from front diff to axle hub is 60 mm long. Please help me find good parts that will last. Thanks.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Default LOSI MINI PARTS

EBAY STILL HAS A TON OF PARTS AVAILABLE FOR ALL THE MINIS