Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
Modular Micro RC Track build >

Modular Micro RC Track build

Modular Micro RC Track build

Old 05-13-2014, 03:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Modular Micro RC Track build

Hi all...I am slowly working on putting together a modular micro RC track that I can use in my living room. I have gotten as far as building the base modules and lane markers. Here is a video of some of the track layouts I can do with 5 or 6 modules. I plan on having at least 8 modules in total.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Next step is to start on modular terrain. Hopefully I get a chance to make a move on that this week.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

that's pretty cool....what size is that micro RC? 1/24? the track may be a bit too narrow for racing tho no?
Old 05-13-2014, 01:58 PM
Tech Rookie

I only have run 1:36 on it at the moment but I am going to get a 1:24 soon. I think it might be a bit tight for 1:24 but I hear that you can mod the Losi 1:24 knuckles to get a better turning circle. Like you said it might also be a bit tight for more than one car but I think having 8 or more module down would help spread out the racing a bit. I did see a video of a track with 4 x 1:24 SCTs but it was just a little wider that my track.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:21 PM
Tech Rookie

OK, so I haven't gotten as far as I would like but I have made a little bit of terrain out of plaster moldings. You can see them on the left hand side of the track in this video.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:31 PM
Tech Rookie

A closer view of the plaster terrain...

+ YouTube Video