the best slicks

Old 07-29-2013, 11:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Default the best slicks

i'm looking for some slicks for parking-lot driving.

the wheels I have are http://ebmodel.com/road-aluminum-spo...mme-p-506.html

hpi doesn't seem to make slicks anymore. does anyone have a recommendation on what slicks I should get?
Old 07-31-2013, 10:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

first those are 1/10 scale. and they are 6 mm ofset, and they bend super easy. (had those exact same ones) look at jayco, sweep, and sorex. the tire compound you use really depends on driving surface and there is no "best" tire
Old 07-31-2013, 10:20 AM
Tech Champion

a lot of race slicks come premounted though.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ThePanda
first those are 1/10 scale. and they are 6 mm ofset, and they bend super easy. (had those exact same ones) look at jayco, sweep, and sorex. the tire compound you use really depends on driving surface and there is no "best" tire
I don't know who the hell is jayco, sweep, or sorex. but what I said is I will be driving it in a parking lot. to be specific...in my apartment parking lot. it is more than smooth. as a matter of fact it just got newly asphalted. so thanks for nothing. good job.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by saucy
I don't know who the hell is jayco, sweep, or sorex. but what I said is I will be driving it in a parking lot. to be specific...in my apartment parking lot. it is more than smooth. as a matter of fact it just got newly asphalted. so thanks for nothing. good job.
Wow - kind of rude response don't you think?? Surface types should play a huge part in your decision which is why he asked. You just said "parking lot" so he was trying to get a little more information. Dirty, clean, cracks, new, chip-seal, pitted... so many variables.

Try an internet search for jaco, sweep and sorex on google or bing. If you add the words "tire" and "rc" to the search you will find those are makes of tires. You also might want to look through the On Road section of RCtech - possibly asking them the same question.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by BigLosiNut
Wow - kind of rude response don't you think?? Surface types should play a huge part in your decision which is why he asked. You just said "parking lot" so he was trying to get a little more information. Dirty, clean, cracks, new, chip-seal, pitted... so many variables.

Try an internet search for jaco, sweep and sorex on google or bing. If you add the words "tire" and "rc" to the search you will find those are makes of tires. You also might want to look through the On Road section of RCtech - possibly asking them the same question.
thanks...I didn't mean to be rude. but thanks for the post. it actually helped. I thought jaco, sweep, and sorex were forum members.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by saucy
I thought jaco, sweep, and sorex were forum members.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
yeah...I know.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ThePanda
well I really like these wheels. they match perfectly with my gpm gunmetal parts. so maybe tires with a little bit more cushion would help...any suggestions?
Old 08-09-2013, 07:57 AM
Tech Champion

For more cushion go with softer foams, if you go with tires that are to soft and run them on asphalt they just get chewed up.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 73 (99%+)

I run these foam slicks on my mini 8 and they work really good, the offset is just enough that they don't rub. Im running the 26 in the front, and 30 for the rear.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Tires-37-Shore

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Tires-37-Shore