Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

LaTrax (Traxxas) 1/18th Rally Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 07:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by SRC_DRIVER
With you guys racing these are you seeing any weak points on the car? We are discussing adding this as a spec class that runs box stock (with a 2 cell lipo) but we are not sure how they will hold up to racing.
for the racers that are modding their cars, I've seen the stock diffs go out and axels easily broken.

the cars are solid stock but imo aren't so great at handling stronger motors.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:14 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

We just started racing these little cars too.

386 RC Raceway in S. Daytona, FL. will be hosting "Mini Mondays"

1/18th scale Latrax Rally races, every Monday night, doors open at 5pm racing starts at 7:00. Entry fee is $5. The Latrax Rally class is pretty much a box stock class, 5 cell nimh, can install ball bearings, metal diff gears and your own radio if wanted and that's it.

For more info, contact Chris Crowder at 386 RC Raceway on Facebook or by calling 386-631-2495.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by SRC_DRIVER
With you guys racing these are you seeing any weak points on the car? We are discussing adding this as a spec class that runs box stock (with a 2 cell lipo) but we are not sure how they will hold up to racing.
sorry late reply (I come here often now)

I speak for myself. I'm not crashing a lot with this car.

In over 2 year, I have changed the diff and tire. that's it. Oh yes, and the servo. I have upgraded to a MG savox or spectrum.

I still have the same body !!!

Other found that the servo is a kind of weak. Other then that nothing special on my side.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Here is some Drone video footage of LaTrax Rally cars racing last weekend.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-04-2015, 05:45 AM
Suspended

This is the kind of turnout we've been getting at 386 RC Raceway in S.Daytona, FL on Monday nights.......

10 car, "stock" main! We are right around 18 entries every Monday night, I'm sure we are going to hit 20 any time now.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Just picked one of these up. Could'nt pass it up for $96 shipped from Tower with the sale going on and discount code.
Pretty cool little car and it has impressed me so far!

Suprised these little guys don't get more talk.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:20 PM
Suspended

They are really good little cars. Get the ball bearing kit, if you don't after a few battery packs the plastic bushings start to wear out and then the diff gears will start to grind. I'd also throw the metal diff gear set that the Teton and SST use while your in there (cheap good upgrade for durability). The only other thing we really do is add a washer or two under he e-clip for the steering bellcrank servo saver, that makes the car track a lot better under acceleration or braking.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Already have the bearings, Teton gears and oil shocks in my cart.
Is there any mini racing at 386 on sundays when the other onroad racing goes on? I cant make it on mondays due to work and its a 2hr drive for me.

John
Old 07-22-2015, 05:05 PM
Suspended

As of right now, were just running them on Monday nights, I'm not sure if Chris (the owner) is going to let them race on Sunday, it may be a possibility though and I can find out.

As far as the cars go, we run them relatively stock, can upgrade to bearings, metal gears and run your own radio system if you prefer and that's it. We run the 5 cell batteries as well and use a Duratrax one as a approved replacement / spare.

We do this to keep the cost of the class down and to keep the cars even. If not, it gets out of control with mods and hop ups.

We will also start running the Latrax SST trucks on Monday nights at some point.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:35 PM
Tech Initiate

I just got one for my wife's birthday. It's her first RC. We had some fun running it inside on the wood floors, next stop: Banana Raceway in Richardson. I'm ordering a blue one for me. Got my wife a red one.

We need a decent inexpensive charger. The one that came with it only works in cars, which is dumb.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by wwddww34
Here is some Drone video footage of LaTrax Rally cars racing last weekend.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
That outdoor track looks fun. Were you guys running brushless motors and lipos in the video?
Old 08-19-2015, 08:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jeepy2013
They are really good little cars. Get the ball bearing kit, if you don't after a few battery packs the plastic bushings start to wear out and then the diff gears will start to grind. I'd also throw the metal diff gear set that the Teton and SST use while your in there (cheap good upgrade for durability). The only other thing we really do is add a washer or two under he e-clip for the steering bellcrank servo saver, that makes the car track a lot better under acceleration or braking.
What about the plastic spider gears? Have you had any problems with them?
Old 08-19-2015, 09:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

@oldrcer We race on a small oval track. The most common damage has been the diff gears, servo failures, and ESC failures. I haven't seen or heard of the spider gears getting mangled. I don't think there are upgrades available for those at the moment.

@Mahalaleel That race was filmed at the Dallas Makerspace parking lot in Carrollton, TX. They have races every week on Saturday night. Check out the Facebook group: DFW R/C Car Racing Just-for-Fun (Carrollton) to get more details if you are interested. It's very informal and fun.

I was not there that weekend but the rally's were likely using stock brushed systems with stock 14t gearing and a 2s 7.4V lipo.

I use this charger for my lipo: HRC44165 Hitec X1+ AC Plus Single Port AC/DC Multi-Charger (6S/6A/50W).
Old 08-24-2015, 07:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello,

Did somebody try a M18 or hpi RS4 body on the latrax rally ?
Old 08-25-2015, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

We run these up here for onroad carpet oval and they guys are having a blast and is one of the larger classes every week. We have 2 classes (min), Novice (kids) and then box stock latrax class. We have begun to allow a few minor mods to help with durability and are currently allowing an esc swap as they have tended to pop for no known reason.

So far a great fun easy CHEAP class! How often can you say that about racing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.