R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales

Old 08-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #211
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Same here. I just bash mine using 3S and it's either too much dolphin or no dolphin.
Collect Dust - Associated TC4, Losi Mini-T
iTz Nicholas72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #212
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by raxford View Post
I just got mine back from support and the slipper was WAY too loose. Sounds like the problem you're having. There's a youtube vid out there by horizon on changing slipper pads - it was really informative.

I tightened mine quite a bit and it's better. The slip SHOULD last about two car lengths, then you shouldn't hear it any more. Obviously the tension should change with dirt.

The video also explains you can flip the pads over and use the other side - worth a shot for a quick fix.
Cool. Checked out the video (the one where they use a SCT?) by HH. I'll try and dig into it soon. Already got a list of to-do's on that car.
Traxxas Son-uva Digger, Vaterra Kalahari, ECX Smash, Redcat Sumo truggy
duhjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #213
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhjun View Post
Cool. Checked out the video (the one where they use a SCT?) by HH. I'll try and dig into it soon. Already got a list of to-do's on that car.
Yes! For those still digging for it, search for "HorizonRC.com How To - Set your Slipper Clutch"
Old 08-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #214
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe64 View Post
Please call the Hobby Service center at Horizon Hobby, they will get you back up and running. I could have been a bad motor, just explained what what happend and they will get you going again.
Thanks!!! I called and they are sending a new motor! Great customer service!
240dpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #215
Tech Initiate

I hugged a tree, how do I fix the front suspension arm? The metal popped out and now I can't get back in the holes
Drastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #216
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drastic View Post
I hugged a tree, how do I fix the front suspension arm? The metal popped out and now I can't get back in the holes
I fixed it, pretty easy to fix it
Old 08-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #217
Tech Initiate

Quote:
I fixed it, pretty easy to fix it
I hugged a telephone pole a while back. The plastic those pins holding the a arm in place went. I have a few packs of spares now, as the driving hasn't gotten much better
Old 08-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #218
Tech Initiate

alright so someone has to help my find this problem. It involves the car picking up speed. When i put the gear in a high and you know its suppose to respond fast and go fast but mine doesnt do that. It Squeels really loud and goes really slow and then starts picking up speed. I cant seem to find the problem, i put new grease in the gear box since it needed it, 50k team losi grease. And i still cant seem to find the problem
Old 08-10-2013, 03:11 AM   #219
Tech Initiate

Quote:
alright so someone has to help my find this problem. It involves the car picking up speed. When i put the gear in a high and you know its suppose to respond fast and go fast but mine doesnt do that. It Squeels really loud and goes really slow and then starts picking up speed. I cant seem to find the problem, i put new grease in the gear box since it needed it, 50k team losi grease. And i still cant seem to find the problem
This is what we've just talked about - it's your slipper clutch. Most likely, it'll just need to be tightened. Search for "HorizonRC.com How To - Set your Slipper Clutch" on youtube.

For the Kemora, you have to pull up the top part of the chassis over the driveshaft, and tighten the silver nut at the rear, near the engine.

It's a huge pain honestly, I take the entire rear end of the car off. Let me know if you get stuck, I just did this a few days ago.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #220
Tech Rookie

I've seen older post people asking for the motor size and ther is different opinions out there. I know for a fact ther is the same size as the one on team associated RC18, and it is a 370 size motor. I tried a hed a heatsink that got at hobbytown and fits perfectly on the motor, but it doesn't fit on the car. Maybe can be modified and get it to fit.
I wish there was a good one with a fan that can be mouted to it. After burning one motor I'm super conscious of the temp.
240dpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #221
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Thanks for the tip. Yeah, that's the route I was going to take next. Should I prepare to replace those pads? It could also be that shaft bearing. This all began after a 15 min run around a gravel parking lot. I just hope I see whatever discrepancy is causing the noise, instead of blindly replacing each component until it's gone.
Well, I didn't get as far as looking at the slipper pads, because I first encountered what's in the picture, below!! Agghhh!! What a mess. Rust on the rear drive gears and bearings. That'll do it. Thing is, the last time I changed my spur, they looked fine. That wasn't that long ago.
Now I need a soft steel brush so I can strip the gunk off. A good clean and re-grease should fix it. I missed out on running it up at my in-laws, yesterday, too. I haven't had it up there since I got my big Dirt Hawg wheels. Ah well. Next time!

Old 08-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #222
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Well, I didn't get as far as looking at the slipper pads, because I first encountered what's in the picture, below!! Agghhh!! What a mess. Rust on the rear drive gears and bearings. That'll do it. Thing is, the last time I changed my spur, they looked fine. That wasn't that long ago.
Now I need a soft steel brush so I can strip the gunk off. A good clean and re-grease should fix it. I missed out on running it up at my in-laws, yesterday, too. I haven't had it up there since I got my big Dirt Hawg wheels. Ah well. Next time!

ew dude that looks awful. well atleast i know thats not what mine look like because I check my gear box every two days and clean them and re grease them. The grease i use and works great for that is 50k losi team grease. its in a small squeeze bottle and its clear just like the stock grease that was in the gears. its cheap for how good it works, dont buy the 100k, its to strong and it kills your run time and kills your battery. IT over works the battery as i learned buying a new battery haha :P but ya i clean mine two days and re grease them every 2 days if needed.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:01 PM   #223
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
ew dude that looks awful. well atleast i know thats not what mine look like because I check my gear box every two days and clean them and re grease them. The grease i use and works great for that is 50k losi team grease. its in a small squeeze bottle and its clear just like the stock grease that was in the gears. its cheap for how good it works, dont buy the 100k, its to strong and it kills your run time and kills your battery. IT over works the battery as i learned buying a new battery haha :P but ya i clean mine two days and re grease them every 2 days if needed.
Every two days?? You take out all those screws and open your gearbox every two days?? I'm just messing with ya. I don't even get to get my car out but once a week or so, if even that, but that's what a baby will do to your time. I have a family, and just don't get that kind of time to myself.

I went and picked up a soft steel brush, so hopefully in the next few days I"ll get it all restored and put back together. I would like to get it out this coming week. I'm considering getting a 3S LiPo, because I want my Kalahari to wheelie, the way I've seen the merv do, in videos, if possible. I need a smaller size battery, anyway. I've been using a 4000mah 2S, and I had to ditch the dust cover because it wouldn't fit without a strap to hold it down. Consequently, the strap started to cut into it and make it crack, so I now want to go back to using a battery that will properly fit in the battery compartment. I'll save my big 4000 for when I finally get a 1/10 scale. I didn't need that long of a run-time, anyway.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:31 PM   #224
Tech Initiate

Ok guys have to help me, I want to buy a better battery pack but my hobby shop ran out of 3s brand i wanted and they showed me this bigger battery still 3s and he said id have to modify my car. Will that bother anything on it if i modify my battery compartment? Also I went to buy some Dirt Hawgs on 2.2 beadloc and he said id need a stronger servo for it and i said i already knew that and i cant seem to find the right size for a servo that will fit. Do you guys know what brand that fits in there fine with out modify it? Also when i was gonna buy the tires he said to make sure i got the right size hex thing on my tires( sorry i forgot what he said) so that they would fit and he said that the 2.2 would rub against the side of the car. I watched Duhjun videos and doesnt seem to be rubbing at all. Can you help me with this?
Old 08-13-2013, 01:23 PM   #225
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Ok guys have to help me, I want to buy a better battery pack but my hobby shop ran out of 3s brand i wanted and they showed me this bigger battery still 3s and he said id have to modify my car. Will that bother anything on it if i modify my battery compartment? Also I went to buy some Dirt Hawgs on 2.2 beadloc and he said id need a stronger servo for it and i said i already knew that and i cant seem to find the right size for a servo that will fit. Do you guys know what brand that fits in there fine with out modify it? Also when i was gonna buy the tires he said to make sure i got the right size hex thing on my tires( sorry i forgot what he said) so that they would fit and he said that the 2.2 would rub against the side of the car. I watched Duhjun videos and doesnt seem to be rubbing at all. Can you help me with this?
Hey Drastic. For some time I've been running a giant 4000mah 2S, and had to completely remove the stock battery placeholders. The main issue I had was with the battery sliding against the shaft. I had to make my own little posts to prevent that, but to keep the battery in place, a zip tie was fine. I did get tired of this, though, and am now waiting on a couple of 3S packs from HobbyKing. I'm actually hoping I can go back to using the stock holders, or at least make my own and have it fit well enough that I can use the dust cover again.

I can't help you much with the servo upgrade, but I can repeat what I've already posted, in that the Dirt Hawgs on the Titus 2.2 wheels have enough negative offset that you won't need any special hub adaptors to mount them. You will only need to remove the nerf bars. The stock servo will work, for awhile, at least. Since you most likely run your car more often than me, however, I can't say for how long, before it fails or something. Mine works alright, but I know a stronger servo would handle those wheels better. You might want to search through Mini 8ight threads, because any servo that would fit a Mini 8ight should likely fit a Kemora/Kalahari. I found one such reference to someone using this HiTec HS-5245MG, which has metal gears. The Mini 8ight has been out a couple of years, at least, so I think checking to see what those owners have come up with is probably the best path to take. I'm not planning on a servo upgrade just yet.
Sponsored Links