Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 1/36 Scale Micro Desert Truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 12:41 AM
Tech Addict

Default Losi 1/36 Scale Micro Desert Truck

Hey guys!

I don't see any threads for this, so I decided to make one. This is a great indoor and outdoor RC truck and should be on this board for sure.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or would like to offer your own information on this RC truck.

GB
Old 02-09-2013, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

What Lipo batteries do you recommend for this truck? Is it possible to fit a 2S lipo in there? Or what is the max capacity 1S lipo that will fit?
Old 02-09-2013, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
What Lipo batteries do you recommend for this truck? Is it possible to fit a 2S lipo in there? Or what is the max capacity 1S lipo that will fit?
I recommend the one that I got. Brand new it made the front wheels pop up off the ground!

And yes, it is designed for 2S lipos as an upgrade that requires no mods at all.
The one I got was a 7.4V, 180MAh 2-Cell LiPo Battery. It has true 10C continuous discharge rate with 15-20C bursts.

It won't let me post links here yet, but you can search for "Team Losi LiPo Charger & Battery: Micro-T/B/DT". It cost a little chunk to buy it, but it is worth every penny IMHO.

GB
Old 02-21-2013, 02:55 AM
Tech Initiate

can I know how long runtime?
Old 04-15-2013, 12:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Slamdunk
can I know how long runtime?
Part of it depends on how old the battery is and how it is taken care of, but expect a good 8 minutes of fun with a newest well treated battery.

Here is the lipo after nearly two years. It still gets a good runtime 6-7 minutes, but it doesn't have as much pep as before. It used to pop the front wheels off the ground before I abused the battery.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I would even go as far to say for indoor use without hammering it the whole time 10-12 mins run time is standard. hobbyking has a 2s 7.4 battery that fits it and some bigger ones that will work with a little modding. only thing is you will have to change the battery/esc connectors. But they are 4 bucks instead of 30.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cripplethreat
I would even go as far to say for indoor use without hammering it the whole time 10-12 mins run time is standard. hobbyking has a 2s 7.4 battery that fits it and some bigger ones that will work with a little modding. only thing is you will have to change the battery/esc connectors. But they are 4 bucks instead of 30.
That is great information!

Thank you
Old 01-08-2014, 06:33 PM
Tech Addict

Here is a look at my Losi Desert Truck after a lot of time off and an aged Li-Po battery. It hasn't slowed down much at all to me!

+ YouTube Video
Old 12-17-2014, 11:00 AM
Tech Addict

This was a really fun comparison "Wheelie Test" between my old lipo battery and new lipo battery with my Losi DT. I have missed driving this truck and am very happy I have a new battery to get the most out of it again.

+ YouTube Video