xray m18 modified

Old 07-15-2012, 10:03 AM
Tech Addict

Default xray m18 modified

building a m18 and want to modify the car whats a good motor and esc to go with this will be a brushless and lipo set up looking at castle creations sidewinder or the mamba max pro and a motor from them. if there is anythin better or cheap please give me the info thanks
Old 07-15-2012, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

How fast do you want it to go? The Castle ESCs are pretty good and they have excellent customer service if you ever have a problem. I prefer Hobbywing EZrun ESCs and they have been just as reliable, but in the event of a problem they are generally easier to replace than to bother with warranty hassles. For a moderate increase in speed over most brushed setups I would suggest the Sidewinder or EZrun 18A and a motor from 4000-5500Kv. For a faster setup I would suggest the Mamba Micro Pro or EZrun 25A and a motor 5500-7000Kv. Castle, Tacon or Hobbywing motors all work well.

I used this setup in my M18 for fun racing in a small parking lot track and it worked very well.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/hobbywing-...ess-combo.html
Old 07-15-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

http://www.hobbypartz.com/26p-blcomb...5a-7200kv.html
Cheaper than the hobbywing but with a better esc
Old 07-17-2012, 10:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Neat
Old 07-19-2012, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigtee
building a m18 and want to modify the car whats a good motor and esc to go with this will be a brushless and lipo set up looking at castle creations sidewinder or the mamba max pro and a motor from them. if there is anythin better or cheap please give me the info thanks
I used both the Castle Mamba Micro Pro and the Hobbywing. The Hobbywing had much smoother linear throttle response than the Mamba. The Castle was not bad by any stretch but given the two the Hobbywing was better IMO. I run a no name 3100 kv motor and boosted it is a rocket. M18 is a great platform.