Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Merv Build Help. Need Some input.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 01:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

My MERV is pretty awesome. I can't imagine it being any more fun with a 1/10 motor to be honest. This thing with a new ESC + 3s is insane from what I've seen. I don't even want to go higher than 2s because I have mine geared to go about 30 to 40 upon switching pinions.

My MERV has the linkages, CVDs (4 corners and center), RPM arms, RPM front bumper + bumper brace, chassis braces, GPM shocks, GPM knuckles (4 corners), and the Proline beadlocks. All of that makes one expensive MERV but it refused to break until today

I stripped my rear diff for the first time which is an easy and kind of cheap fix. Trust me though, I tried to break it today by driving head on into a tree.

The only upgrade I can think of is a new ESC + 3s lipos. At that point I think I'll actually break something legit though.

Edit: I should make a thread of my two trucks in the Monster truck section. I think a lot of people would like it considering they both are popular trucks with well thought out upgrades.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Im new to rc. What is a merv?
Old 08-19-2012, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Mini e-Revo
Old 08-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SolderGlob
Got it....thanks SolderGlob!
Old 08-22-2012, 07:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I thought about doing a build thread for my revo 3.3. It started as a 2.5 since then I upgraded almost every single parts on it. I converted it to a 3.3 revo with the chassis and new drive shafts ect ect, then I bought a new Picco .26 with Big Block conversion kit for it,then a sweet THS exhaust for it, then I bought the Tekno receiver box/fuel tank conversion for it which allowed me to drop the battery down and instal a larger fuel tank, then the Tekno throttle linkage, and I got a set of front and rear Tekno sway bars, then I got the GTR shocks for it, then I got the wing kit for it, motor saver air filter, then I bought some 40 series Axial bead-locks with Pro-line road tires for it for speed runs, then I bought a new JR steering servo for, nows where it gets fun. I pulled the old transmission out and bought a new transmission case and gears because I had the old transmission from the original 2.5 revo which I found out doesn't work wit the rear brake set up, so I got a new tranny put together with wide ratio gears instead of standard and I installed a new center diff and rear brake kit, and I also bought the traxxas high performance vented disk brake which looks pretty sweet, and then I bought some brand new MIP shiny CVD's for all four corners, and some aluminum 17mm hex adapters, I also bought some bling for it which includes aluminum diff cases(which does increase the toughness also) aluminum break arm, integy aluminum servo savor steering assembly, blue aluminum proline single servo arm, a carbon fiber and aluminum center diff skid plate, aluminum rockers. I also started AirBrushing my own bodies and made some pretty bad ass matching bodies for my Revo 3.3 and my Merv. I think that's it...LOL I have spent way too much time and money on my Revo
Old 08-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Also how well do the GPM hubs work with the CVD's. Has anyone on here had any experience with the RPM hubs with CVD's?