Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TLR Mini 8ight?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 07:29 AM
Tech Addict

Default TLR Mini 8ight?

Since the Mini 8 is wildly popular will TLR make a Mini 8 KIT version what do you think

Last edited by cs3087; 06-23-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

WHA ?
Old 06-23-2012, 08:26 AM
Tech Addict

LOL basically will there be a TLR mini 8 KIT version I fixed my first post
Old 06-23-2012, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I doubt it , I dont think there is a big enough demand . Most people who buy minis get them just to bash with not race them ....
Old 06-23-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the hop ups make it a tlr buggy
Old 06-23-2012, 09:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

If you get all the carbon fiber replacement parts, along with the aluminum bits and the uprated shock bodies and springs, what else could a tlr kit actually add?
Old 06-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

"What else could a TLR kit actually add?"

1. The ability to build yourself versus same nameless person or machine throwing together in assembly line. RTR=Ready to Rebuild?
2. Ability to use own electronics and not pay extra for second tier ones that many times are thrown away just adding needlessly to landfills and resource expenditure.
3. Having common hop ups in kit reduces long term cost as well not having to throw out unused pieces. This also allows a more concise machine as things are not replaced over time which makes the wear level uneven requiring hours of headache troubleshooting issues.
4. The sense of possesive accomplishment and first hand knowledge gained from assembling from parts. Losi is especially guilty with not even having a build manual versus parts explosions. I have seen too many questions about assembly like rebuilding shocks, drivetrain lubrication, or my own experience of which screw goes where.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
I doubt it , I dont think there is a big enough demand . Most people who buy minis get them just to bash with not race them ....
Even if true some bashers do like building their own. As well as if the percentage is high enough there is a market. Xray and AE kits being examples. Especially AE since it is used to bash even more.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

It seems like the best thing about building yourself is to put in the quality equipment that seems to be replaced pretty regularly in the RTR's. I like the idea of having an entry level RTR like the $249.99 8ight mini and then have a top tier RTR with all the good equipment already in it and a higher retail price. If you just like to build the cars yourself there's nothing to stop you from taking the whole thing apart and putting it back together again.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Skiboblitch
It seems like the best thing about building yourself is to put in the quality equipment that seems to be replaced pretty regularly in the RTR's. I like the idea of having an entry level RTR like the $249.99 8ight mini and then have a top tier RTR with all the good equipment already in it and a higher retail price. If you just like to build the cars yourself there's nothing to stop you from taking the whole thing apart and putting it back together again.
You take the Mini Eight totally apart? They screw the shock caps on soo tight that you damage the bodies trying to get them off. They also don't pre thread the ballends of the shocks. I could not get them off even with vise grips. All I ended up doing was putting a dent into the shaft (yes even with cloth around).

Taking it apart also increases the time. Instead of building it once and going out to run. You have to take it apart to fix all issues, then build again. So you double your effort if you actually want to optimize your build and not have it fail after the first few runs.

Offer a TLR kit for the same price as the RTR. The kit will have the most needed hop ups. A top tier RTR makes no sense. Who decides what is top tier equipment? I like Tekins, Hitec, and Thunderpowers. Others will have a totally different viewpoint.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Tech Addict

I'd totally spring for A TLR Mini 8ight Truggy over any other mini I'd rather build it myself and add my own electronics I'm sure many other people would also. Like a kit
Old 06-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by oXYnary
You take the Mini Eight totally apart? They screw the shock caps on soo tight that you damage the bodies trying to get them off. They also don't pre thread the ballends of the shocks. I could not get them off even with vise grips. All I ended up doing was putting a dent into the shaft (yes even with cloth around).

Taking it apart also increases the time. Instead of building it once and going out to run. You have to take it apart to fix all issues, then build again. So you double your effort if you actually want to optimize your build and not have it fail after the first few runs.

Offer a TLR kit for the same price as the RTR. The kit will have the most needed hop ups. A top tier RTR makes no sense. Who decides what is top tier equipment? I like Tekins, Hitec, and Thunderpowers. Others will have a totally different viewpoint.

About the top tier opinions I totally agree my top tier dream stuff is. Castle,Savox and Maxamps wich is the total opposite