does anyone know if this will work?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

does anyone know if this will work?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Default does anyone know if this will work?

I bought a pro line ford f150 raptor body for my mini revo. I love the body and it is a direct fit being made for the truck. But it is nearly impossible to get it exactly center on the truck because of the bed. But the tires rub on the wheel wells and I dont want to trim them out. I would also like the body to sit higher. Do the body post for the rally or the mini summit fit directly to the mini revo? I dont have a problem taking the wing off.

Also, is there any way to make some sort of exo cage or something for this body? I love this body and dont want to destroy it too soon, but if I higher the cog it will roll more.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The newer Summit/Rally posts should fit without any issue. They fit on a mini Slash just fine.

As far as an exocage goes, unless you can make one from a mini Summit work on the Raptor body (which would be difficult), you'd have to make one from nylon or something similar. You can look through the materials section of McMaster-Carr to find the size that you're looking for.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by The_Madness
The newer Summit/Rally posts should fit without any issue. They fit on a mini Slash just fine.

As far as an exocage goes, unless you can make one from a mini Summit work on the Raptor body (which would be difficult), you'd have to make one from nylon or something similar. You can look through the materials section of McMaster-Carr to find the size that you're looking for.
sweet, just what I was asking, short and simple.

Thanks man!

I will look into making a cage for it, but I might end up doing extra reinforcing on the inside instead. So that way if it gets beat up, it wont look TOO bad and will still be strong.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

No problem.

What I usually do with bodies for bashing is to Shoe Goo pieces of thin sheet plastic on the inside in critical areas where the stresses are higher than average (corners, etc.). If the paint adhered to the body correctly, then it shouldn't pull off.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:27 PM
Tech Addict

My dog ruined my raptor about the exocage just use some stuff from around the house and paint it if you want it relatively easy
Old 04-25-2012, 10:29 PM
Tech Addict

If you take of the wing u don't have a wheelie bar anymore lol
Old 04-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Tech Adept

plastic coat hangers and duct tape!
Old 04-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cs3087
If you take of the wing u don't have a wheelie bar anymore lol
Dont have to take the entire wing mount off, just the wing. I havent even had the wheelie bar on in months. But I can put it on while doing speed runs and stuff.

I wonder, if I make it front wheel drive only if it wont do wheelies.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:15 PM
Tech Addict

Talking

Originally Posted by some guy
EXACTLY! LOL!
Old 04-26-2012, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

No I mean the wing itself acts as a wheelie bar and.reduces rear impact so I wouldn't take it off (it's also how I. Carry it lol ) as for the front wheel drive yes it will no longer wheelie but fwd will present even more undersreer on a already pushy chassis also it will greatly reduce traction and make the rear end squat? So you could do it if you just want speed runs it would actually be faster I think
Old 04-28-2012, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cs3087
No I mean the wing itself acts as a wheelie bar and.reduces rear impact so I wouldn't take it off (it's also how I. Carry it lol ) as for the front wheel drive yes it will no longer wheelie but fwd will present even more undersreer on a already pushy chassis also it will greatly reduce traction and make the rear end squat? So you could do it if you just want speed runs it would actually be faster I think

Lol, the body is bigger than the stock one and goes right up to the wing. The only advantage of the wing at this point is that it keeps the body from getting ruined. But, I need to higher the body so the wheels dont rub. I will put the actual wheelie bar back on.

fwd probably wouldnt have understeer if it has low traction. think about real cars. In the winter, mustangs drive like crap around here. But wimpy little cars that are front wheel drive handle much better because the front wheels are the ones that are driving the car fwd and the tread is going in the direction the car needs to go.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:33 PM
Tech Addict

Now that I think about it the fwd is probably gonna work actually it's quite a good idea maybe ill try it sometime but you should stiffen up the rear suspension
Old 04-29-2012, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by some guy
Totally off topic, just love your username. "yeah I got it from SOME GUY on rctech" LOL
Old 04-29-2012, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
Totally off topic, just love your username. "yeah I got it from SOME GUY on rctech" LOL
Lol, it is totally fine to be off topic when it is funny!

I ended up getting the mini summit mounts (rally ones weren't much longer in the front). Worked just fine, but will take a little cutting and adjusting to get it the height I want.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
+1 LOL I like it too