Merv options?

Old 04-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Default Merv options?

Hey everyone, I started thinking about re building my merv to give it a new life. Speed runs just dont matter to me anymore. My first thought was lowering the pinion and putting on mini summit tires. But the FIRST thing I need is a new body and whatever mounts needed to make it fit. Right now I am literally using miniature bungy chords to hold it down. I know of using the stock body, mini summit body, the baja bug body, and the hummer body. I want the hummer, but then I want chrome wheels. What options do I have for chrome wheels with pre mounted tires that wont be terrible offroad, but wont wear down on the street very fast? Pre mounted would be ideal, but I can glue tires if I need to. I am sure I can just get whatever rims at the lhs, but what are good tire options? I goof around in the grass and at the track sometimes with the merv, but it is mostly on road.

Thanks!
Old 04-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Tech Addict

Post PRO-line

Body. PRO line ford raptor uses same mounts also if your on road try the Road Rage tires but for the chrome wheels I'm stumped but you can get road rages pre mounted on beadlocs but they're expensive $40.00 ...………for a set of two your call dude.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cs3087
Body. PRO line ford raptor uses same mounts also if your on road try the Road Rage tires but for the chrome wheels I'm stumped but you can get road rages pre mounted on beadlocs but they're expensive $40.00 ...………for a set of two your call dude.
Sweet, I totally forgot about the raptor body. I do mostly drive on road, but like to do a little offroad as well. I guess I could just put the stock tires back on for off road stuff. Handled good enough for a year. But on road tires on a ford raptor? It would still be sweet though.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

Cool Pics of my raptor body

Looks boss with any tires. Don't laugh at me for my trimwork it was my first body but paints pretty good overall need to drill holes though Or it falls off XD LOL
Attached Thumbnails Merv options?-img_00000007.jpg  
Old 04-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nerdyrcdriver
Hey everyone, I started thinking about re building my merv to give it a new life. Speed runs just dont matter to me anymore. My first thought was lowering the pinion and putting on mini summit tires. But the FIRST thing I need is a new body and whatever mounts needed to make it fit. Right now I am literally using miniature bungy chords to hold it down. I know of using the stock body, mini summit body, the baja bug body, and the hummer body. I want the hummer, but then I want chrome wheels. What options do I have for chrome wheels with pre mounted tires that wont be terrible offroad, but wont wear down on the street very fast? Pre mounted would be ideal, but I can glue tires if I need to. I am sure I can just get whatever rims at the lhs, but what are good tire options? I goof around in the grass and at the track sometimes with the merv, but it is mostly on road.

Thanks!
Well its not the LHS but thetoyz.com has a few different premounted tire/wheel combos you might be interested in . Here is a link ......
http://www.thetoyz.com/traxxas/Wheel...15/590/SubCat/

I would ask , what hop ups if any does your MERV have on it already ? The axle carries on the MERV get really sloppy and can make it handle wierd . GPM axle carries are a great hop up and really tighten up the MERVs handling .
http://www.thetoyz.com/Traxxas/Mini-...ain/GPM/12374/

Next are the steering/toe links and the suspension pushrods , these get very sloppy quickly as well and should be changed . Also change out the plastic hollow balls for the Traxxas steel ones as the plastic ones will wear quick .
Old 05-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Addict

If you really wanna goof around onroad throw some kb tires on there with the stock suspension see how that works out LOL
Old 05-31-2012, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Totally forgot about this thread, I ended up getting the raptor body a while ago. Painted it like my dads F150 (red) and meant to get black for the hood, but grabbed gun metal on accident, but it looks great either way.

No upgrades that I can think of, other than shimming the diff and putting in a fly sky radio. I def need to get new wheels, tires, suspension stuff (springs and oil), and maybe those axle carriers.

Just for laughs I threw on my blitz tires, and man it was fun to drive like that. But it ran HOT, so that only lasted about 10min before I shut it off and switched back.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nerdyrcdriver
Totally forgot about this thread, I ended up getting the raptor body a while ago. Painted it like my dads F150 (red) and meant to get black for the hood, but grabbed gun metal on accident, but it looks great either way.

No upgrades that I can think of, other than shimming the diff and putting in a fly sky radio. I def need to get new wheels, tires, suspension stuff (springs and oil), and maybe those axle carriers.

Just for laughs I threw on my blitz tires, and man it was fun to drive like that. But it ran HOT, so that only lasted about 10min before I shut it off and switched back.
LOL my dad's f150 is red too!and I had a painting error too ( put on decals before taking off overspray film) IS IT A COINCIDENCE OR NOT? LOL
Old 06-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cs3087
LOL my dad's f150 is red too!and I had a painting error too ( put on decals before taking off overspray film) IS IT A COINCIDENCE OR NOT? LOL
weird