Wiki Posts
Search

Losi v's Carisma: the battle hots up

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 10:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KumaGutsa
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS......I LOVE IT. (matisse is 120% correct)

-==Carisma Rules==-

The only thing I would like to say is Hurry Up and get the { Carisma Online Shop working with International Sales }. Keep the good OEM Pricing and You will indeed scoop up the whole MINI Market.

Im keeping one of my BNIB Spashett Edition in its box for ever:-)

As far as Carisma v's Losi/minis, there is only one choice here. -==Carisma==- hands down.

Do not buy a brand mini to test or try. Just buy a Carisma and you will never look back. Period. And now with the GT14MK3 and GT14B Pro Kit, Youve just hit the jackpot. Yeah Baby.

KGutSA

-==Carisma Never Dies==-
The spashett is under the sportwerks name so the value is A Lot less than a real Carisma gt14 pro. It also has some minor differences like the cvd's and A arms.

If you look at the recoil parts they are selling for stupid cheap. I bought 2 lower and 2 upper graphite decks for $20 and 2 sets of foam wheels for $20.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Rac3rX ? Check the first post - The Carisma Lapped the Losi.

So you would think Carisma is a better layout and balanced car.
That Scaled down Losi 8ight is utter BS , its sales pitch.

They are manufactured from same people and losi has jumped on the bandwagon after Carisma in 1/14s.

The only reason I choose my M8 was because its layout was same as Recoil, Single drive shaft and only need 1 battery. Compared to 2 drive shafts and saddle packs. If you look at MicroX though, you can see how balanced/leveled this Carisma is jumping and through the corners. Hense why its absolutely whipped the Losi.

I should have stuck with Carisma for the GT14B and wouldnt be another one in the 150+ pages (here) of complaints and fixes for it.

You say after market support? Your probably right, Because Losi isnt going to fix the problems with it, so there is need for 3rd party support. As for the Carisma? Phatbodys for an appearence upgrade and factory NEW Upgrade Kit.

Carisma it is for me, All the way to the finish line :-)

KGutSa,

(First Losi owned - Last Losi EVER - Want to buy my Losi M8 for $200?).
Old 01-14-2012, 11:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by KumaGutsa
Rac3rX ? Check the first post - The Carisma Lapped the Losi.

So you would think Carisma is a better layout and balanced car.
That Scaled down Losi 8ight is utter BS , its sales pitch.

They are manufactured from same people and losi has jumped on the bandwagon after Carisma in 1/14s.

The only reason I choose my M8 was because its layout was same as Recoil, Single drive shaft and only need 1 battery. Compared to 2 drive shafts and saddle packs. If you look at MicroX though, you can see how balanced/leveled this Carisma is jumping and through the corners. Hense why its absolutely whipped the Losi.

I should have stuck with Carisma for the GT14B and wouldnt be another one in the 150+ pages (here) of complaints and fixes for it.

You say after market support? Your probably right, Because Losi isnt going to fix the problems with it, so there is need for 3rd party support. As for the Carisma? Phatbodys for an appearence upgrade and factory NEW Upgrade Kit.

Carisma it is for me, All the way to the finish line :-)

KGutSa,

(First Losi owned - Last Losi EVER - Want to buy my Losi M8 for $200?).
Wow got to say I'm kinda suprised at that. The the geometry thing isn't all BS and owning the two cars I've got to say that the Losi is the easier and more stable one to drive - dare i say it It even flies a bit better too in my untalented hands - However. using 8th geos works up to a point but the 14B and to a bigger extent the 14B PRO are design specifically for the the scale and for the specifics of it own weight distribution.

Having both (and as OP i think I need to say this) is a good thing for the seen. some people's driving style doesn't suit the front-centric14B and prefer the rear bias'd M8 and vice versa.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:08 AM
Tech Master

This Fanboy is something else

Dude, you must understand that your statement is utter tripe. First off the driver has everything to do with the win, and a poor performance in a race means diddly squat.

Watch here how the Losi has to slow down to wait up for the GT14 just to have a lil racing.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Does that mean the Losi spanks the GT14 all day, everyday, by anybody? Nope, not at all.

Its hard to believe there are a few so thick headed, closed minded, all up and down the pecker of the GT14 they fail to recognize the M-8.... Your loss suckers.

I like the GT14 its a great platform to compete with the M-8, however if anybody on either side of the race thinks one will simply out do the other, I have to say your a sorry fool. No disrespect intended
Old 01-15-2012, 05:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think it all comes down to preference. It also has a lot to do with the driver.
The car doesn't make you a better driver, only practice. They both look to be great cars. What it comes down to for me is availability and how easy it will be to get parts.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DTX2010
They both look to be great cars. What it comes down to for me is availability and how easy it will be to get parts.
Dude that is a really good point. I agree on all points, I'm glad there is a little bit of variety amongst the Bad Boy Mini's, makes the races more interesting.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

Wow first time i've been called a fanboy!!!

no offence taken dude,

i'd love it though if Matt would confirm what i've been racing the last three nationals with!

as i put and you put, its intirely up to the driver on the tx.... that said my stock 14b is slower in my m8, my heavily developed 14b is also slower. but the parts in the pro kit effectively make a fresh car based of team driver feedback and the lessons learned from both the original and the m8

Last edited by robchalmers; 01-16-2012 at 06:34 AM.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by robchalmers
Wow first time i've been called a fanboy!!!

no offence taken dude,

i'd love it though if Matt would confirm what i've been racing the last three nationals with!

as i put and you put, its intirely up to the driver on the tx.... that said the stock 14b is slower in my m8, my heavily developed 14b is also slower. but the parts in the pro kit effectively make a fresh car based of team driver feedback and the lessons learned from both the original and the m8

Sorry it was the kuma guy I called a fanboy, (he seems to think its GT14 FTW and gives the finger to the M8), not you. We have been on the same page. Either or will depend on driver pref, both are highly competitive with each other, I love em both, but my heart is with the M8 for my choice as a Driver Coming from driving a 8ight-T 2.0 the feel is remarkably similar.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I guess Ill ask again since the Web store is opening soon. Will there be a kit version of the pro? Or will one have to buy a RTR or ARR regular 14B and buy the upgrade?

If so, 0 interest.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Oxy,
At the moment the pro is a adaption kit so you'd need to buy a rtr first.... or i suppose you culd buy the carry over parts from spares
Old 01-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Oxy,
At the moment the pro is a adaption kit so you'd need to buy a rtr first.... or i suppose you culd buy the carry over parts from spares
When it becomes a kit I will have interest. Why I have not looked at a Mini8 nor a Micro SCT yet. Rather be without then buying extra crap I wont use. Wasteful and expensive.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:02 AM
Tech Master

The driver means almost everything. Take a noob with a traxxas slash. They will be rolling over like crazy on a track. Take someone how knows how to tune the suspension to the track, an knows how to drive. He/she will probably not roll over half the number of times the noob did.

With two very similar mini buggies, I think that the only good way to compare them is to have the same person do it with the same battery, and after the initial time, use the same (better aftermarket) tires on both cars to compare them. That is the only good way to compare them imo. Having two drivers of different skill levels racing doesnt mean anything to me. Personally, the losi looks really good to me because just about every hobby shop carries them and they are not under a brand that no longer exist. (if sportwerks still runs, wanna tell me where they sell parts for the raven st? other than ebay)
Old 01-16-2012, 06:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nerdyrcdriver
Personally, the losi looks really good to me because just about every hobby shop carries them and they are not under a brand that no longer exist. (if sportwerks still runs, wanna tell me where they sell parts for the raven st? other than ebay)
Erm.... not sure what you mean on that one.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Erm.... not sure what you mean on that one.
Ok, so whatever company makes their products is still running. But go to their site.
http://sportwerksrc.com/

Find a single car or part or whatever thats selling price is not, "discontinued". Everything I have looked at is no longer for sale. Including all of their cars.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

Sorry mate, gotcha now - sportwerks is dead, but we're talking about Carisma. To be honest I wish it had just been sold as a carisma from day one rather than going through the whole rebranding confusion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.