Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recoil 1/14 with 370 motor

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 11:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Recoil 1/14 with 370 motor

I have a Recoil car 1/14 with a 370 size motor, but I want to replace w/ a new and better motor. Is there a big difference between 370 and 380 motor size? What is the best motor for my car? I found a few brands: LRP vector micro, Epic D3 micro, tekin, Reedy, Losi insane, castle creations or Novak? I'm interested joining a race.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Geiger
I have a Recoil car 1/14 with a 370 size motor, but I want to replace w/ a new and better motor. Is there a big difference between 370 and 380 motor size? What is the best motor for my car? I found a few brands: LRP vector micro, Epic D3 micro, tekin, Reedy, Losi insane, castle creations or Novak? I'm interested joining a race.
The 380-400 sized motors are more appropriate than the crappy 370 it came with. Before you choose the motor, you should find out where you are racing and what classes are offered there. At my track I had a stock class that used the Carisma 380 motor and 6 cell NiMh packs. Open class was anything goes. Best power for open would be a 2 cell LiPo 1200 - 2000 Mah pack and a Castle 26mm motor. Find out what classes are offered at your local track...