Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

Official Mini-Z buggy thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 03:28 PM
Tech Adept

Ok, no radio yet, but I've ordered the kyosho Aluminium big bore shocks. I'm looking everywhere for the atomic graphite shock stays, but no vendor has them on stock... and they're not available even at atomic website...
Old 12-07-2015, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Have you ordered one of these? http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?p...cat=533&page=1 If not I highly recommend it. There are some folks that have snapped the front of the chassis after a hard front impact. I didn't want to risk it, so it's the first upgrade I did to mine.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastmax
Have you ordered one of these? http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?p...cat=533&page=1 If not I highly recommend it. There are some folks that have snapped the front of the chassis after a hard front impact. I didn't want to risk it, so it's the first upgrade I did to mine.
This is a must have IMO.. I broke 2 chassis in this spot.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BillySnarf
This is a must have IMO.. I broke 2 chassis in this spot.
Interesting... i will take one.
What else would you recommend as must?
Old 12-09-2015, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

That's really the only must have that I can think of. Well, for me a faster motor, and foam tires were a must lol, but thy're really not must haves for everyone.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

hi guys, do you think the new mb010ve chassis is worth it? the 50th anniversary edition with the hopups and xspeed motor for a little less seems to be a better deal. Also any opinions on the big bore shocks? thanks.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RioImmagina
Interesting... i will take one.
What else would you recommend as must?
I also broke a chassis in the same spot, I got the Atomic reinforcement piece mainly to prevent tie rod pop-out, which it did not help. I switched to the Kyosho under guard (50th anniv. VE has this installed already) along with aluminum tie rods and no longer have any problems.

I would also recommend installing CVDs and/or aluminum dogbones if you can still find them. One of the first things to blow in my buggy during just normal driving was the plastic dogbone.

Foam tires as mentioned already or at least inner sponges for the stock tires are a worthwhile upgrade too.
Old 12-14-2015, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gctkaz
I also broke a chassis in the same spot, I got the Atomic reinforcement piece mainly to prevent tie rod pop-out, which it did not help. I switched to the Kyosho under guard (50th anniv. VE has this installed already) along with aluminum tie rods and no longer have any problems.

I would also recommend installing CVDs and/or aluminum dogbones if you can still find them. One of the first things to blow in my buggy during just normal driving was the plastic dogbone.

Foam tires as mentioned already or at least inner sponges for the stock tires are a worthwhile upgrade too.
Thank you for your comments!
I take note 👍
Old 01-03-2016, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm looking to get a mini z to practice with. I have room for a small on road track at home and think this would fun to do with some friends. Any advice as to what cars to start out with? I have 1/10 tools and chargers. Any tips or anything I should know before getting into mini-z racing?
Old 01-09-2016, 12:20 PM
Tech Adept

well well, I had the occasion to drive my miniZ via the radio of a friend. I was hooked instantaneously, jumping it everywhere on a pizza box made kick. Awesome. Tomorrow I should grab my perfex sender.
In the meantime, I got 8 AAA eneloop pro, which should power the unit, a front carbon shocks stay from a brand I don't remember (and I trashed the bag), a rear carbon shocks stay from atomic (actually it comes with some aluminium covers for the motor - that do not fit on the stock motor, anyways...) and the big bore kyosho shocks.
Regarding the bloody atomic kit, it didn't even come with the necessary post to fix the body and the wing. There must be something I don't get, because that is weird...
The big bore shocks are masterpieces of miniaturization... Absolutely gorgeous... However, movement is not really smooth. I hope that this will improve with break-in.
Finally, I would like to switch to a faster motor. Is the Xspeed better?
Old 01-10-2016, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

I'm not sure about the body mounting with the new shock towers, I still run stock towers. The X speed motor is definitely faster than stock though. I prefer the PN Racing or Atomic motors because they have replaceable brushes.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:41 AM
Tech Adept

I'm finally ready to drive! This thing is a blast! I love driving it in the living room...
I have few question. The diffs are very loose. Are they supposed to be filled with oil or regulate somehow?
And often does not go backward... i tried the regulations on the perfex radio but no luck.
Any ideas?
Old 01-18-2016, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

The ESC has a brake function. After braking, you need to return the trigger to neutral and then push it forward again to activate reverse.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Which motor did you end up going with?
Old 01-19-2016, 05:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fastmax
The ESC has a brake function. After braking, you need to return the trigger to neutral and then push it forward again to activate reverse.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Which motor did you end up going with?
Thank you for your help. However, it still does not go into reverse. May be some interference from the wifi...
I just ordered a xspeed motor. Should arrive in few weeks, together with some spares and hop ups 😀
Old 01-20-2016, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

Strange about reverse, but you'll like the little buggy even more once you replace the stock motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.