Wiki Posts
Search

Mini for onroad/offroad track

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Mini for onroad/offroad track

Hey, sorry for the long post first off.. Ive been looking at the various minis. Have been out of rc for a while now and dont have too much experience with electrics (used to race 1/8 nitro buggies). I am making a half concrete, half dead grass/dirt course in the backyard (sorta similar to a real rallycross track). So I was wondering which mini would suit it best. Looking to keep it fairly stock, or at least brushed. Dont want it too fast that i cant control it on a smaller course, and have longer runtimes.. Also, hopefully can get a little drift action in on the concrete section...possible?

At first the RC18R and traxxas rallys caught my eye, but after looking at them closely, I dont know if they have enough ground clearance for dirt or short grass. I definately want a 4wd. I think im contemplating between an RC18T, RC18B, SC18, or mini slash. I like the idea of a short course being that it looks a lil more realistic. Would ultimately still prefer a rally if the clearance wasnt too little...

Any idea on which you think would work the best? I am open to other suggestions as well. Thanks alot...
Old 08-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

the sc18 sits pretty low but if you put rc18t rear shocks on all 4 corners its really nice how it sits i love the sc18.. but thats me
Old 08-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How does it corner onroad? Looking for something that can handle mellow dirt, but still be able to corner nicely for the onroad part of the track.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bmrbob
How does it corner onroad? Looking for something that can handle mellow dirt, but still be able to corner nicely for the onroad part of the track.
Sorry can't help you there I've only drove it off road