Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
another new toy!!!!! >

another new toy!!!!!

another new toy!!!!!

Old 07-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default another new toy!!!!!

i got my 7 year old son a trinity spyder 1/18 4 wheel drive car last week. well, actually my uncle gave it to us. just like he did with the mini-quake we got. but its 4wd, has metal cvd axles, adjustable shock holes, has adjustable toe-links, etc.... it has like everything a 1/10 scale car would have. but i was driving it last week and jumping the little ramp we have, and it just came to a stop. so i checked over everything and i thought the gearbox or something in the drivetrain was messed up. i took out the motor, and it wouldnt spin when i gave it throttle. so the motor crapped out already. so i found 1 motor the same size (370) size motor, but its from team asscociated. it said in the description it will fit the spyder. so i paid $17 something and it came the other day. well, the mounting bracket that screws to the front of the motor, the holes, didnt line up. so i tried just putting one screw in, and that didnt work. so i took ca glue and glued it to the front of the motor. put it in the car, took it out yesterday for a test drive...... and wow! its like 5-8mph faster easy! i thought it had more power because when i gave it full throttle when i was holding it, the wheels would balloon,lol. yea, its as fast, if not faster than our mini-quake now. so im pretty happy with it so far. im going to take the spyder and mini quake out now and my son a i are going to race and see which one is faster.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My Miniquake was so hard to control as it neared top speed in a flat parking lot. I realized the tires balloon and the high COG and short wheelbase all contribute to it not being good at speeds above 25 or so.