Wiki Posts
Search

Who makes better shocks for a RC18T

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 11:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Who makes better shocks for a RC18T

I have the factory team truck , but I would like better shocks if I can find some. Also what oil weight for them? Thanks.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slashbasher
I have the factory team truck , but I would like better shocks if I can find some. Also what oil weight for them? Thanks.
i reckon the stock shocks are pretty good , i purchased some 3racing shocks 4 my b2 which come pre assembled and leaked bad , when i checked it out the shafts were burred so i just put the stocko's back on . i guess when i can be arsed i'll have a nother look at the 3's and rebuild them as they are meant to be the best . cheers
Old 05-31-2011, 10:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gogi108
i reckon the stock shocks are pretty good , i purchased some 3racing shocks 4 my b2 which come pre assembled and leaked bad , when i checked it out the shafts were burred so i just put the stocko's back on . i guess when i can be arsed i'll have a nother look at the 3's and rebuild them as they are meant to be the best . cheers
I've had some good luck with my 3Racing ones, although the problem I seem to get is that the top plastic piece that sits on the ball snaps easily on light impact.

I would have to agree with gogi108 on this and say that the stock ones would be best, I actually used the old springs from the 3Racing ones and put them on my FT shocks and it now doesn't just look better but also performs better.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:54 PM
Tech Master

I have used 3Racing on my B2 and on the TEK18T car, with great result, they are far better then the Stock ones (even the FT alu bodys to)..but, thay can be little lottery..but i did the best mod there is today for this little car.

Get the 3Racing for the RC18 car

Get Losi Silver spring (soft, rear) for the Mini-T (have to cut some coils)

Get Losi mini-t Ni-tri shaft, and reethread them..they are the best today, and the mod only takes app 1h and then you have shocks that eat everything..