Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
team associated rc 18 buggy motor Qs >

team associated rc 18 buggy motor Qs

team associated rc 18 buggy motor Qs

Old 05-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Suspended

Default team associated rc 18 buggy motor Qs

i have this and a vendeta and would like to know what blushless set-up is good, thankyou
Old 05-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You would have better luck posting this in the "mini" section of the forum, maybe a mod will move it for you.

I would recommmend the HObbywing EZRun 25A combo from Hobbypartz.com for the RC18, but for the Vendetta you will need something a little bigger. For that I would pick up the EZRun 35A ESC and one of the Tacon 28mm motors. YOu can probably outfit both cars with complete brushless systems for under $100, but dont be scared by the low price. These are just as powerful as the big name brand systems and even more reliable than comparable systems from Novak and Castle Creations.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Don't get anything high KV (5000 or lower) and try to get a motor that doesn't have those external winding wires (or w.e. they are called)..
Old 05-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Tech Regular

More reliable than Castle Creations? :O I've heard good things about the 1:10 motor from Tacon, and will probably pick one up soon, but I have a hard time believing that it's more reliable than CC!
Old 05-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

To be honest I have used Castle car stuffs since they were 18th only and never had a problem with everything from the 25 to the Max Pro. I tried Hobbywing because of how cheap they were and I have since converted every car I own to EZrun or Xerun because I simply preferred the "feel", they just feel more refined to me; of course no problems here either. My statement comes from seeing others at my local track have trouble with Castle stuff, and to be fair, I have no way of knowing if user error was involved, but those same guys have been using HW for quite some time with no issues. So you may be right to call me out on that one, I just wish you had said Novak instead of Castle so I could get a good laugh.