Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
Castle sidewinder Micro or Mamba Micro Pro? >

Castle sidewinder Micro or Mamba Micro Pro?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Castle sidewinder Micro or Mamba Micro Pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 09:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Castle sidewinder Micro or Mamba Micro Pro?

Which one is better to have in an associated b2 and why? Thanks. I'm new to 1/18th stuff
Old 10-29-2010, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Both have exactly the same features, adjustments, and operation, but the Pro has more power handling capability. I would suggest the Pro if you use any motor more powerful than the Castle 20mm 5400Kv. The Sidewinder is small and compact while the Pro is average size for a mini.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Power handling is the same for both. They have identical guts. Pro has heat sink, which could help if heating becomes an issue. Might be a factor in heavier cars like the Recoil or Vendetta...
Old 10-30-2010, 05:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i run the sidewinder 6800 in my 18r. its great. compared to the micro pro, all ive herd is the temps are a little lower on the esc (mines only got up to 108) due to the heat sink, i have also herd that the micro pro is a little smoother. mind you the sidewinder is smooth. save the extra money and buy the sidewinder.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I dont want to sound like I am arguing, because I dont doubt that the Micro Pro is simply a Sidewinder encased with a fancy heatsink. But, it is important to remember that a major factor in power handling with any electronic device is its ability to dissipate heat faster than it can produce it.

I can't find it anymore, but a Castle rep once posted that the Sidewinder was 25A continuous, and the Pro was 40A cont. Some retailers have the Pro listed at only 30A, which would seem more realistic if indeed it were the same internals.

The short answer: if you are going for as much power as you can bolt in the car you should opt for the Pro, but the Sidewinder will handle most motors without issue.

Last edited by burnineyes; 11-01-2010 at 09:31 AM.