Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Losi Micro SCT/Rally/Truggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 12:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sick buggy. I have 4 micros I have built custom. I guess I'm addicted. Recently picked up another newish gutted truggy for $30 bucks, then totally randomly found a neu 7000kv on ebay for $10. Of course I'm watching the bluegroove buggy body! Just no time! Ha! I also have a no longer available driven productions chassis that fits a 1/18 motor.

Thanks for all the pics and info!!
Old 09-19-2015, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Have you seen the newly released ecx 1/24s. Some shared parts, but mostly cheaper. The coolest thing looks like 2 new tire/wheel options.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I was looking at maybe getting one of the short course trucks to run around in the backyard are they pretty durable?
Old 10-06-2015, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by biscuit581
I was looking at maybe getting one of the short course trucks to run around in the backyard are they pretty durable?
They aren't large enough to run on anything other than pavement outside. They are really small. And if you run them on dirt you run a pretty large risk of getting grains of sand in the pinion/spur gear which will lock it up.

These are really meant for basements, living rooms, and paved driveways. As far as durability they are pretty tough. Steering links are the weak point.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 48 (98%+)
Default COMPLETE HOME SETUP 4 CARS AND TONS OF PARTS

IF YOUR THINKING OF DOING A LITTLE TRACK AT HOME OR THE SHOP HERE YOU GO
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post14246192

Last edited by ICEMAN96; 10-31-2015 at 02:17 PM.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:29 AM
Tech Adept

I have been running the ECX Ruckus tires on the SCT and they look awesome to me. It gives it a little more lift and more monster truck look.

I also run the micro truggy tires on this and they work great too.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markarch
I have been running the ECX Ruckus tires on the SCT and they look awesome to me. It gives it a little more lift and more monster truck look.

I also run the micro truggy tires on this and they work great too.

This is EXACTLY why I came to this thread! To see if the Rukus tires will fit on the SCT. So are they a direct fit like the truggy tires? Here is my SCT running a 360mah, 3S lipo...

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Mine is on the left (SCT-brushless) and my friends is on the right (SCTE). Just when I tested it against my friends SCTE (which my truck toasted! I mean mine pulled away so fast...we were both surprised!) my radio failed the next day and I haven't been able to run it. ARG! So now I'm looking for a new radio.

P.S. Sorry for missing pic.....Awe...I uploaded the pic to Picasa (like photobucket it gave me a picture link) and I clicked on the image icon in the forum to embed it but the pic doesn't show up. ??? Photobucket is such a pain to use now...I was really hoping Picasa and dropbox would have worked like photobucket.

Last edited by Nickerz; 12-07-2015 at 08:04 PM.
Old 12-08-2015, 01:16 AM
Tech Elite

Well, Photobucket when you know HOW TO, it's the most best picture deposit there is on the WEB. Been using it for almost 10years.
You have to work a little, and it can be custom...just like you enter your account choose your directory simply click on the custom selected link for forum of the pictures showed on the fly, and them put it on forums. As simply as that... but those features are not on the fly, you need to custom/work your b** as the website photobucket allow you to it. JUST take your time customizing it and it will do wonders, that you never thought are possible in there. They will be saved next time you log in. When that work is done, is much faster and predicetable and on the fly if you want to, just looking at the picture on your computer, grab it from the SOURCE, drop it on photobucket and then click the link YOU CHOOSE/MADE appear above the pic for FORUMS. DONE with it! Thos links do not apeears if you do no nothing. That's the secret of photobucket, that some people complaint.... you need to custom work those link's to apear below the pic. Then it's a JOY!

-Now a question, what trackstar esc you got and what motor? Can tell!
Thanks for the pic's... one pic speaks for a thounsad words.

If you are in a hurry and don't want to create an account on a picture deposit website...go to www.imgur.com, drop the pic's, and get the forums link and paste it onto forums... i do that sometimes when i want a pic on forums but dont want to log in into photobucket....much faster. But when i want my photos organized they go into photobucket!

Here's my 1/24's:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Originally Posted by Nickerz
This is EXACTLY why I came to this thread! To see if the Rukus tires will fit on the SCT. So are they a direct fit like the truggy tires? Here is my SCT running a 360mah, 3S lipo...

Mine is on the left (SCT-brushless) and my friends is on the right (SCTE). Just when I tested it against my friends SCTE (which my truck toasted! I mean mine pulled away so fast...we were both surprised!) my radio failed the next day and I haven't been able to run it. ARG! So now I'm looking for a new radio.

P.S. Sorry for missing pic.....Awe...I uploaded the pic to Picasa (like photobucket it gave me a picture link) and I clicked on the image icon in the forum to embed it but the pic doesn't show up. ??? Photobucket is such a pain to use now...I was really hoping Picasa and dropbox would have worked like photobucket.
Ever wonder how your pic is showed? "quote" & see! Glad to help! :P

Last edited by targetingxmod; 12-08-2015 at 01:30 AM.
Old 12-08-2015, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by targetingxmod
Well, Photobucket when you know HOW TO, it's the most best picture deposit there is on the WEB. Been using it for almost 10years.
You have to work a little, and it can be custom...just like you enter your account choose your directory simply click on the custom selected link for forum of the pictures showed on the fly, and them put it on forums. As simply as that... but those features are not on the fly, you need to custom/work your b** as the website photobucket allow you to it. JUST take your time customizing it and it will do wonders, that you never thought are possible in there. They will be saved next time you log in. When that work is done, is much faster and predicetable and on the fly if you want to, just looking at the picture on your computer, grab it from the SOURCE, drop it on photobucket and then click the link YOU CHOOSE/MADE appear above the pic for FORUMS. DONE with it! Thos links do not apeears if you do no nothing. That's the secret of photobucket, that some people complaint.... you need to custom work those link's to apear below the pic. Then it's a JOY!

-Now a question, what trackstar esc you got and what motor? Can tell!
Thanks for the pic's... one pic speaks for a thounsad words.

If you are in a hurry and don't want to create an account on a picture deposit website...go to www.imgur.com, drop the pic's, and get the forums link and paste it onto forums... i do that sometimes when i want a pic on forums but dont want to log in into photobucket....much faster. But when i want my photos organized they go into photobucket!

Here's my 1/24's:

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

Ever wonder how your pic is showed? "quote" & see! Glad to help! :P

Nice info about posting pics!!! Thanks a bunch! And WOW...nice body detail on the Rally car and the lights just make it even cooler!!! Very, very impressed! Thanks too for posting my pic!

The ESC I have is the TrackStar 25A and I also have the Derlin Chassis. I think you have this also, right? Did you dremel the front corners to fit the truggy wheels? On mine, the truggy wheels barely rub the chassis so I was considering using a dremel to make some room. But ultimately I want to use the ECX Ruckus wheels...do you think these will fit this chassis or will I have to dremel too much of the chassis?
Old 12-21-2015, 06:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi guys. Just installed this brushless combo into a micro T. I think it packaged nicely with a cheapo tactic RX (pins bent 90degrees), so I thought I'd share.
Attached Thumbnails Official Losi Micro SCT/Rally/Truggy Thread-imag6951.jpg  
Old 12-24-2015, 06:40 PM
Tech Adept

Default 3S Lipo That Fits Micro SCT

I bought a couple of the Rhino 360mah 3S lipos from HobbyKing and I need to get more but they no longer sell them. At first it was back ordered but now it's completely gone.

This battery fit perfect! Anyone know of an alternative 3S for cheap?
Old 12-24-2015, 07:54 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

I bought a couple of the Rhino 360mah 3S lipos from HobbyKing and I need to get more but they no longer sell them. At first it was back ordered but now it's completely gone.

This battery fit perfect! Anyone know of an alternative 3S for cheap?
You may want to take a look at these and see if any will work.
http://www.valuehobby.com/power-syst...s/3s-lipo.html
Old 12-25-2015, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MD
You may want to take a look at these and see if any will work.
http://www.valuehobby.com/power-syst...s/3s-lipo.html
That is EXACTLY what I'm looking for!!! In fact, the GFORCE 20C 350MAH 3S 11.1V LIPO (JST) is the same dimensions as my Rhino lipo!

Thank you MD!!!

P.S. The only problem is I can't place the order @ www.valuehobby.com !??? Their website is really horrible. It keeps giving me "No Data Received" error page with every click I make. Geesh...they can't take my money, not good.

Last edited by Nickerz; 12-25-2015 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-25-2015, 03:21 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

That is EXACTLY what I'm looking for!!! In fact, the GFORCE 20C 350MAH 3S 11.1V LIPO (JST) is the same dimensions as my Rhino lipo!

Thank you MD!!!

P.S. The only problem is I can't place the order @ www.valuehobby.com !??? Their website is really horrible. It keeps giving me "No Data Received" error page with every click I make. Geesh...they can't take my money, not good.
They recently changed the appearance of their website and it appears it's not working well. I've never had a problem before, but it appears there's definitely a problem with the site. Their telephone number is 630-948-0947. You can give a call Monday or leave a message tonight. I suppose they could be working on the site, but I doubt it.
Old 12-25-2015, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I've had a stock brushed micro t for a few years. I wanted to know if the stock electronics are supposed to handle a 2s lipo? If so, any mods like gearing change?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.