R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
Tech Regular
 
Psycho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 483
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Jim's RC World, new RC Track and Shop

I am proud to make the announcement of a new RC track and hobby shop, Jim’s RC World, which will be opening within the next month or two in Etters PA. It is located just a couple miles off the Newberrytown exit on I83 between Harrisburg and York, PA. The main track is sub-divided into two race tracks, one track will primarily be used for carpet Oval, while the main track area will be used for carpet On Road, and carpet Stadium. For larger events that do not require the use of both tracks, the track can be opened up into one absolutely massive track area. In addition to the track and hobby shop, there will be a roughly 25 by 40 foot indoor rock crawling area, that will also extend out one of the side bay doors to an equally sized outdoor crawling section, there are plans for a Mini-Z track and pits to be installed in the second floor den area, and the extremely large vaulted ceilings will allow for indoor electric helicopter fights. The owner and crew, to include myself have been working around the clock to get the carpet track, pit area, and hobby shop ready. I am posting pictures now, and Jim, myself, or one of Jim’s staff will continue to post updates. This is truly going to be one great RC race facility!

Thank You,
Tim “Psycho Man” Haskins
Team Psycho Cells

Some classes that are planned for the two tracks are as follows: (The Stadium and On Road will be ran on different days)
Stadium Track:
1. Micro Stadium Classes (1/18th and 1/16th)
2. 1/10th Slash

On Road:
1. Micro On Road Classes (1/18th Sedan, Rally, Pan Car, 1/14th)
2. 1/10 and 1/12th scale On Road classes

Oval:
1. Micro Oval Classes
2. 1/10th Oval Classes
Attached Thumbnails
Jim's RC World, new RC Track and Shop-track-03.jpg   Jim's RC World, new RC Track and Shop-track-05.jpg   Jim's RC World, new RC Track and Shop-track-06.jpg   Jim's RC World, new RC Track and Shop-track-07.jpg   Jim's RC World, new RC Track and Shop-track-16.jpg  

__________________
Team Psycho Cells - Parma PSE - Exotek Racing - TQ Wire

Last edited by Psycho Man; 07-07-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Psycho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:48 PM   #2
Tech Regular
 
Psycho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 483
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Here are a few more pics.

Tim "Psycho Man" Haskins
Attached Thumbnails
Jim's RC World, new RC Track and Shop-track-17.jpg   Jim's RC World, new RC Track and Shop-track-04.jpg   Jim's RC World, new RC Track and Shop-track-15.jpg   Jim's RC World, new RC Track and Shop-track-09.jpg  
__________________
Team Psycho Cells - Parma PSE - Exotek Racing - TQ Wire
Psycho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:23 PM   #3
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 343
Smile

I want to start out by congratulating you for taking a leap of faith in this day and age. It cost a ot of money to set up a nice indoor on-road track. You rock!!

My question is why the wood? I used to race back in the 80's and 90's on road carpet and we never had elevated wood foundations. Don't quite understand the logic behind it. I hope you used all killen dried lumber. If you used standard wet lumber that hasn't been properly dried you're going to have a lot of twisting, shrinking, and bowing goin on as the wood dries and settles.


Good luck and wish you the best.
Dunchadoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:42 PM   #4
Tech Regular
 
Psycho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 483
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunchadoit View Post
I want to start out by congratulating you for taking a leap of faith in this day and age. It cost a ot of money to set up a nice indoor on-road track. You rock!!

My question is why the wood? I used to race back in the 80's and 90's on road carpet and we never had elevated wood foundations. Don't quite understand the logic behind it. I hope you used all killen dried lumber. If you used standard wet lumber that hasn't been properly dried you're going to have a lot of twisting, shrinking, and bowing goin on as the wood dries and settles.


Good luck and wish you the best.
Thank you. I will pass your words of encouragement on to Jim. Most good indoor carpet tracks have sub-floors to ensure a very level and flat racing surface. Because we plan on racing Micro Turing classes as well as 1/10th and 1/12th scale, you need to have a smooth surface to race on. In addition to the track surface, we are also located in the north east where you will have cold winters. Having the track surface up off the concrete floor makes a big difference in maintaining good consistent track temperatures, which effects traction. A cold track will produce allot less traction. This track has been very expensive to build, with allot of man-hours put into it, but in the end it will be well worth it.

Thank You,
Tim “Psycho Man” Haskins
__________________
Team Psycho Cells - Parma PSE - Exotek Racing - TQ Wire
Psycho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:38 PM   #5
Tech Elite
 
Neu_Racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 4,012
Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)
Default

Being in the northwest, I have never seen an offroad carpet track. What is it about being farther east that makes owners not use clay? Is it harder to come by or just not as fun?

Always wondered.....

Looks like a lot of work but should be a great facility! Wish you the best!
Neu_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:00 AM   #6
Tech Regular
 
Psycho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 483
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neu_Racer View Post
Being in the northwest, I have never seen an offroad carpet track. What is it about being farther east that makes owners not use clay? Is it harder to come by or just not as fun?

Always wondered.....

Looks like a lot of work but should be a great facility! Wish you the best!
Thank you, the reason for the carpet is because we can provide multiple types of racing on the same track area. The carpet stadium uses carpeted jumps and sloped landing ramps or landers, as well as other carpeted terrain such as whoops, table tops, extremely high banked sloped turns, and even a wall ride turn. Carpet stadium tracks are very popular with 1/18th scale racing because they provide a smooth consistent track surface. Carpet stadium tracks are used for many of the top 1/18th scale championships such as the 1/18th Micro Off Road Nationals, and the 1/18th East Coast Championships. The great thing is that the jumps can be moved off the track when it is time to race standard carpet On Road racing. Carpet is also a very clean track surface to work with, especially for the smaller 1/18th scale vehicles.

Thank You,
Tim “Psycho Man” Haskins
__________________
Team Psycho Cells - Parma PSE - Exotek Racing - TQ Wire
Psycho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:52 AM   #7
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lincoln Park, Mich.
Posts: 350
Default

Tim and all involved.......Wow, my hat's off to what looks like the beginning of a well planned out racing facility. Looks like you still have a lot of work ahead of you. We will (the Toledo area) have to come out and attend some races after completion. The locals should be drooling with enthusiasm. Best of luck with the remaining construction of this great racing facility for all to enjoy!!
Dave Berry
all4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:08 AM   #8
Tech Regular
 
Psycho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 483
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4fun View Post
Tim and all involved.......Wow, my hat's off to what looks like the beginning of a well planned out racing facility. Looks like you still have a lot of work ahead of you. We will (the Toledo area) have to come out and attend some races after completion. The locals should be drooling with enthusiasm. Best of luck with the remaining construction of this great racing facility for all to enjoy!!
Dave Berry
Dave,

Good to hear from you. Thank you for the support. I would love to see a bunch of the Toledo guys come out. Nothing is quite official yet (but will be soon) you should be looking to see a large event being held at this new race facility around the end of October. Once I button down all the details I will be making the announcement. I would love to see you guys come out for it.

Tim "Psycho Man" Haskins
__________________
Team Psycho Cells - Parma PSE - Exotek Racing - TQ Wire
Psycho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:02 AM   #9
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lincoln Park, Mich.
Posts: 350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Man View Post
Dave,

Good to hear from you. Thank you for the support. I would love to see a bunch of the Toledo guys come out. Nothing is quite official yet (but will be soon) you should be looking to see a large event being held at this new race facility around the end of October. Once I button down all the details I will be making the announcement. I would love to see you guys come out for it.

Tim "Psycho Man" Haskins
Tim,

Around the end of October would be great .......I'm sure I would be able to gather a good handful of anxious Toledo racers to come out and support. I'm pretty sure the awesome racers from the Cleveland area "the BRP gang" would also come out. I'll spread the word to everyone. Really looking forward to your 1st large event.

Dave Berry
all4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:21 PM   #10
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 343
Default

Sounds good. I wish you the best of luck with your track. If I'm ever out there I will defiantly check it out.

Now on to smaller and better things. You mentioned a possible mini-z track. What is the reality of this. Mini-z is what I do. In addition I manufacture about 6 different compounds of foam pre-mounted and trued on wheels. If any of this sounds good let me know.

Bruce Glick
O-zone tires
M.O.R.E. Racing
Dunchadoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:56 AM   #11
Tech Regular
 
Psycho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 483
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunchadoit View Post
Sounds good. I wish you the best of luck with your track. If I'm ever out there I will defiantly check it out.

Now on to smaller and better things. You mentioned a possible mini-z track. What is the reality of this. Mini-z is what I do. In addition I manufacture about 6 different compounds of foam pre-mounted and trued on wheels. If any of this sounds good let me know.

Bruce Glick
O-zone tires
M.O.R.E. Racing
As of right now, it is not high on the priority list because there is still so much to get done with the main track, pits, hobby shop, and Rock Crawling section. More than likely, once Jim gets the main components of the business finished so that he can open the doors and start bringing in revenue, he will then have the time and resources to focus on the Mini-Z track area.

Tim "Psycho Man" Haskins
__________________
Team Psycho Cells - Parma PSE - Exotek Racing - TQ Wire
Psycho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:30 PM   #12
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 252
Default

sounds and looks good, can you post address would like to make it up there when it opens
quinnfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:14 AM   #13
Tech Regular
 
Psycho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 483
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnfrazier View Post
sounds and looks good, can you post address would like to make it up there when it opens
Quinn,

Hey what's up man? You better get your butt out here and run micro touring with us! That way I can give you another beat down like I gave you the last time we raced! I can't remember off hand what the address is, but I will be out there tomorrow and I will ask Jim what it is again. All the sheeting is laid down now, and the carpet arrives on Monday!

Tim "Psycho Man" Haskins
__________________
Team Psycho Cells - Parma PSE - Exotek Racing - TQ Wire
Psycho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:30 AM   #14
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 252
Default

lol between us I was paid off to let you win that night
quinnfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:45 PM   #15
Tech Regular
 
Psycho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 483
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnfrazier View Post
lol between us I was paid off to let you win that night
LOL. What ever you got to tell yourself to sleep at night!
__________________
Team Psycho Cells - Parma PSE - Exotek Racing - TQ Wire
Psycho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho Inferno GT Isaac Oval, Larger Scales and More 390 10-02-2010 07:06 PM
360 RC SPEEDWAY & HOBBIES Sal Amato Racing Forum 6760 06-20-2010 07:10 AM
Jacksonville $1.7 Million Track Proposed jim g4 Florida Racing 183 04-16-2009 11:57 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:35 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net