Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hobbyking motor results

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

HobbyPartz.com - I've tried calling, no answer. Second time, someone picked up and said he'd check. Put on hold. Then disconnected.

I've sent two emails. No response.

I even sent two different emails to HobbyWing.com support line. No response yet.

Frustrating. The guys at the LHS think it's goofy that the screw size is so 'non-standard'. I tend to agree.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I never have a problem switching between Castle motors and Hobbywing motors in my 18th scales, using the same mounting screws of course. Maybe yours is not tapped straight? I dont know the thread size, but I had a 12T EZRun motor, and I still have a 18T EZRun motor, and all of them use the same screws.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Tech Initiate

I have a 12t ezrun motor to and it uses a 2.5mm screw to mount it to my motor mount
Old 05-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pyrodon
I have a 12t ezrun motor to and it uses a 2.5mm screw to mount it to my motor mount
Interesting. What screws did you use? A 2.5mm by ?mm, flathead?

At the store, we noticed the 2.5 could be wiggled as we tried out the thread. Maybe there is suppose to be some play?
Old 05-08-2010, 06:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
That sucks the charger arrived DOA. Lots of people rave about that charger. Is there any chance of getting a refund or replacement from Hobbyking?
I sent it back 4/29 along with the rma number they gave me after emailing them with the issue. A check on it though got a reply asking for the complete rma number. I email back saying that's the whole number they gave and sent a copy of that rma no. email. Now I wait for reply. ... seems a little fishy. ...hope not a shifty-louie game.

Visual Rabbi - There's no such thing as a 2.6mm. It's probably that the drill was in need of replacement or wasn't receiving coolant and made the tap hole a bit over-sized. If not too too loose, I'd use a dab of epoxy like threadlock. ...a light wipe-on/wipe-off oil sheen on screw so it someday releases easy enough and clean the tap hole so it sticks.

Last edited by luvminis; 05-09-2010 at 04:50 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by luvminis
I sent it back 4/29 along with the rma number they gave me after emailing them with the issue. An check on it though got a reply asking for the complete rma number. I email back saying that's the whole number they gave and sent a copy of that rma no. email. Now I wait for reply. ... seems a little fishy. ...hope not a shifty-louie game.

Visual Rabbi - There's no such thing as a 2.6mm. It's probably that the drill was in need of replacement or wasn't receiving coolant and made the tap hole a bit over-sized. If not too too loose, I'd use a dab of epoxy like threadlock. ...a light wipe-on/wipe-off oil sheen on screw so it someday releases easy enough and clean the tap hole so it sticks.
not to be a wise guy but there definitely is a 2.6mm screw size.....
a lot of motors have been stripped by using 2.5mm screws..................
Old 05-08-2010, 07:03 AM
Tech Regular

I sent it back 4/29 along with the rma number they gave me after emailing them with the issue. An check on it though got a reply asking for the complete rma number. I email back saying that's the whole number they gave and sent a copy of that rma no. email. Now I wait for reply. ... seems a little fishy. ...hope not a shifty-louie game.

Man I hope you can work this out with them. If you paid with Paypal I would not hesitate to open a dispute so that its on record. If they make good great. If not you can escalate it to a claim. I don't mean to hijack but when you buy a product your buying the company. My problem with HobbyKing the deceptive trade practices. I ordered the 4 port charger on 4/26 when it was in stock. HK updated that it had shipped on 4/29 and posted a tracking number. The tracking number did not show up on the Hong Kong postal site. HK said wait 72 hours before it shows up in tracking, I waited twice that and still no tracking information for my number. HK again confirmed shipped on 4/29. when I pressed them they said look you will get your order in 2-3 weeks regardless of tracking thing so its ok. That is when I opened it with Paypal, they were acting as if the ends justified the means. They had taken an order, and my money, that they could not fill and were stalling for time using me like a bank. I opened my case with Paypal as a dispute within hours HK had wiped my order status off their website. Viewing this as aggression I added my note that I did NOT believe the package would be post marked 4/29 when it did arrive if ever and escalated my case with Paypal to a claim. The following day HK provided that same tracking number Paypal in a response. 5/8 the tracking number finally shows up in the Hong Kong as being dropped off for shipment on 5/7, 9 days after they said it shipped. 13 days after it was ordered and paid for. Liars plain and simple. Premeditated, calculating, manipulating, self promoting liars. Make no mistake if you purchase from HK the character of the company. Perhaps the price is worth the risk you take but its a risk.

As for me if Mr. Hobbyking was burning alive in front of me I would not pee on him to put him out.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

Holy cow! Seems you caught them red-handed alright. I'll be sure to make a paypal claim if they don't do right here. It's the weekend so we'll see what comes of it next week. ...For the past couple of months its been they're closed for this holiday, then that one, ..... Also, don't believe their stated "stock replenished every 14-21 days for back-ordered items b/c i waited over 60 days for esc's, they were unable to give me an eta so I finially gave-up and told them to ship order without esc's. Then what happens - esc's supposedly are in-stock the day after they shipped remaining stuff.

2.6mm, really? News to me. I don't remember ever seeing any in my supply catalogues. Have to make trip to shop for a look. 2.6mm = .102" = close enough to my .100" measurement of AE screw, so I may be all wet.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Tech Regular

Default 2.6mm screws do exist - go figure

Yeah, I thought 2.6mm was odd too. So did my LHS. Turns out Duratrax, Kyosho, and HPI have a 2.6mm screw. Here's the even more crazy part. I tried a set of HPI 2.6mm screws, and they are too big. Can't even get them to start threading. After all that, I'm back to 2.5mm and a little thread tight.

Here's a link to duratrax - not that it matters, but just for fun. Thanks for the suggestion though.
http://www.duratrax.com/caraccys/dtxq0100.html
Old 05-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by woodytx
Man I hope you can work this out with them. If you paid with Paypal I would not hesitate to open a dispute so that its on record. If they make good great. If not you can escalate it to a claim. I don't mean to hijack but when you buy a product your buying the company. My problem with HobbyKing the deceptive trade practices. I ordered the 4 port charger on 4/26 when it was in stock. HK updated that it had shipped on 4/29 and posted a tracking number. The tracking number did not show up on the Hong Kong postal site. HK said wait 72 hours before it shows up in tracking, I waited twice that and still no tracking information for my number. HK again confirmed shipped on 4/29. when I pressed them they said look you will get your order in 2-3 weeks regardless of tracking thing so its ok. That is when I opened it with Paypal, they were acting as if the ends justified the means. They had taken an order, and my money, that they could not fill and were stalling for time using me like a bank. I opened my case with Paypal as a dispute within hours HK had wiped my order status off their website. Viewing this as aggression I added my note that I did NOT believe the package would be post marked 4/29 when it did arrive if ever and escalated my case with Paypal to a claim. The following day HK provided that same tracking number Paypal in a response. 5/8 the tracking number finally shows up in the Hong Kong as being dropped off for shipment on 5/7, 9 days after they said it shipped. 13 days after it was ordered and paid for. Liars plain and simple. Premeditated, calculating, manipulating, self promoting liars. Make no mistake if you purchase from HK the character of the company. Perhaps the price is worth the risk you take but its a risk.

As for me if Mr. Hobbyking was burning alive in front of me I would not pee on him to put him out.
That is too bad what happened, and it sucks that you had to go through that. I will say however that when ordering from China, the issue you ran into with the tracking number does often happen even with reputable companies. They will issue you the tracking number and for some reason it does not show on the shipping company’s website for a couple days. Now with the companies I deal with, everything does in fact ship out as stated. The problem truly lies with the shipping company’s website. I am telling you this not to defend Hobby King, as I know nothing about them. I am telling you this so that in the future, when ordering from a Chinese based company, if they give you a tracking number and tell you it may take a couple days for it to show up on the website, it does seem to be a common issue, and to at least give it the couple days to show up before jumping to any conclusion that they are giving you the run around, like what happened with Hobby King.

Tim "Psycho Man" Haskins
Old 05-09-2010, 05:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pyrodon
Have you much time on that motor / how do you like it? Also, are you running 3s? 12t = ? kV ....I'm looking for a 5000-ish kV one.

Thanks Tim. There are a lot of reputable chinese companies, but HK is in question aplenty. Note my situation has nothing to do with a tracking no. It's a RMA (return merchandise authorization, I'm guessing) and was done via email. This is the no. I was given (RMA ID is: 15551-) and now it clearly does seem to be missing digits given the hyphen at the end w/ nothing after it.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:16 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Tim,

Could you share list of companies that have done well for you? Understanding there no sure things but it might a good thing to get a list going. I don't want to hijack the thread so PM is fine or better still here is thread just for that info.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lou...ml#post7380662
Old 05-22-2010, 06:23 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys, I've an update:
So, I bought some Tacon BL motors from hobbypartz. This one http://www.hobbypartz.com/96m02-car-2030-5200.html lasted just 1 run and now is partially siezed, that is, the car rolls with a lot of resistance when pushed(drive-line OK, free). This, even tho I took it real easy with it; having rolled full throttle all the way back on tx and it was a coolish temp outside. ...Oh, and, I lathed an alum heatsink ring special for it to go along with AE heatsink mtr mnt.. Still, it came in hot. ...I could keep a finger on it, but ..... .

What's up here? ... 2 motors fried in a row. I never did anything about setting-up the ESC mtr timing - it's just as it came. ..an ez-run 18 remember. Could this be the issue?

I have this motor too http://www.hobbypartz.com/96m03-car-2040-4120.html but i'm afraid it'll burn-up right away also - longer can or not.

Re Hobbyking Accu 6 that came DOA (well, it lit-up, but that's it): They're saying it hasn't arrived there yet, - possibly so, so I wait.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

Well my disputed HK 4 port charger did arrive in good working order. It's like 4 Acu 6 in one box and works great for two cell packs. I can charge 4 packs at 5 amps no problems. The max amps for a 4 cell is 3.7 so I will be hanging on to my other charges for my 1/8th scale but when tryinng to keep up with several classes of 1/10th scale this baby will be handy. Time will tell if holds up or not. Either way I am done with HK
Old 05-22-2010, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by woodytx
Well my disputed HK 4 port charger did arrive in good working order. It's like 4 Acu 6 in one box and works great for two cell packs. I can charge 4 packs at 5 amps no problems. The max amps for a 4 cell is 3.7 so I will be hanging on to my other charges for my 1/8th scale but when tryinng to keep up with several classes of 1/10th scale this baby will be handy. Time will tell if holds up or not. Either way I am done with HK
I got the same charger and it works AWESOME...
The best thing it was only $99....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.