QUESTIONS mini dt

Old 03-17-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Default QUESTIONS mini dt

hey i am going to get either a micro t or a mini desert truck and i dont want spend anymore that the original rtr price so i was just wondering which was is better and faster??? i probably will want to drive it off road in dirt and stuff i just cant find out on average what speed the COMPLETELY STOCK mini dt is i know that the stock micro t is like 12 or 13 mph. i really need help with this so any suggetions will be thanked
thanks all
Old 03-17-2010, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I have a mini DT and stock its just a tad faster than the regular Micro t. I put in the 2s lipo and it was much quicker, with better run time. Def a nice upgrade. I dont use it anymore so if you wanna pick one up with a lipo a bit cheaper than buying new than shoot me a PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by colonelcrunker
hey i am going to get either a micro t or a mini desert truck and i dont want spend anymore that the original rtr price so i was just wondering which was is better and faster??? i probably will want to drive it off road in dirt and stuff i just cant find out on average what speed the COMPLETELY STOCK mini dt is i know that the stock micro t is like 12 or 13 mph. i really need help with this so any suggetions will be thanked
thanks all
If you're going to do any off-road bashing the Mini Desert Truck is a better choice than the Micro-T. Micro-Ts are too low and the suspenion just isn't up to the task. The shocks are merely springs and there is very little travel.

I don't know how fast the Mini-DT is in stock form, but if the speed isn't fast enough for you a $15 motor will give you speed that should satisfy you if the stock motor doesn't. I know you said you don't want to spend money on accessories, but I'm just letting you know that option is there.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:04 AM
Tech Master

thanks all
they both will go basically the same speed stock. The thing is the micro is half the size of the mini so it will look faster......scale speed...
Old 03-18-2010, 05:09 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks all i think i will go with the mini dt not to mention it looks better i eventually will upgrade it but will stay with the stock when i get it may need some help sometime in the future but until then keep rollin!
Old 03-18-2010, 05:17 PM
Tech Rookie

also the charger included how long does it take to charge???
and can it charge a lipo if i get one?
if i get a lipo i wont have to replace anything on the truck will i?
thanks all

Last edited by colonelcrunker; 03-18-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

also the charger included how long does it take to charge???
and can it charge a lipo if i get one?
if i get a lipo i wont have to replace anything will i?
thanks all
the mini battery will take about 12 hours to charge.
If you get a lipo you need a charger too.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Rookie

12 hours??????????????????????? man!! i hate how they give you such horrible chargers in the box. does anyone know where i can get a quick charger ??? thanks
Old 03-18-2010, 06:38 PM
Tech Rookie

oh i just found one on amazon for $15
Old 03-19-2010, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

oh i just found one on amazon for $15
It is disappointing that they put such horrible chargers in RTR packages, but this is obviously to keep the price down.

One of the best investments you can make in this hobby is a quality charger. I'm not sure what you're getting for $15, but make sure it has a higher charging rate than the stock charger.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
It is disappointing that they put such horrible chargers in RTR packages, but this is obviously to keep the price down.

One of the best investments you can make in this hobby is a quality charger. I'm not sure what you're getting for $15, but make sure it has a higher charging rate than the stock charger.
Jato is right on w getting a quality charger.
Losi makes/made a simple peak detection charger for 5/6 cells it is blue and sells for around $15.....That charger is really only good for Losi mini packs
(2/3 aa).
Old 03-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Tech Rookie

yes the blue losi peak charger is the one it charges in "under an hour"
thanks for replying
but i still have the question about if i put a lipo on the stock mini dt do i have to replace anything on the truck???
thanks
Old 03-19-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Rookie

also what kind of battery comes with the truck is it a nimh i hope so

thanks all
Old 03-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

yes the blue losi peak charger is the one it charges in "under an hour"
thanks for replying
but i still have the question about if i put a lipo on the stock mini dt do i have to replace anything on the truck???
thanks
I believe when you buy the losi lipo it has a low voltage cutoff built into the lipo (thats why they cost more $$) If you decide to use a non losi lipo you need a lvc to keep the battery from discharging too much.....
If the lipo becomes over discharged you ruin it and the lipo can possibly catch fire when you try to charge it.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks so what u mean is that i could just buy the losi lipo and not have to replace anything? and if i bought a different brand lipo i would have to replace something? i was probably going to buy a losi 1 anyway
also does any1 know what type of batt the truck comes with???
thanks again
more questions on NEXT PAGE

Last edited by colonelcrunker; 03-21-2010 at 06:45 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.