Community
Wiki Posts
Search

jammin crt .5 vs mini e revo

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Default jammin crt .5 vs mini e revo

wat should i get the crt or the mini e revo wat r the pros and cons of both thanks for looking at this post
Old 02-28-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Crt.5

- Tougher all around... better diffs, chassis, plastic parts.
- Can run as a nitro or electric (with conversion)
- Slightly larger than an e-revo 1/16
- Easier to work on and maintain.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rschoi_75
Crt.5

k can u go on a fulll size track with this and complete jumps
Old 03-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

yes you can. It can even hang with the 1/8th scales out there... just as long as they aren't trying to run you off the track on purpose...
Old 03-03-2010, 06:22 AM
Tech Addict

thannk u i am going with the jammin
Old 03-04-2010, 01:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Crt.5

That's a pretty biased opinion. You think working on and mainting a nitro engine is easier than the E-Revo? I couldn't disagree more!

With the E-Revo you just charge the battery and go. The brushless system is virtually maintenance free!
Old 03-04-2010, 04:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The only bad thing about the erevo is that some parts wear a little faster. but still it is a great truck
Old 03-04-2010, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Not too mention parts are cheaper for the Mini E REVO , the CRT.5 IS a better truck I wont argue that , BUT if you want to just bash around the Mini E is better suited . If you want too run it on a track then the CRT.5 would be good , but I find that nitro in anything smaller than 1/10 is a waste of time IMO when there are so many electric motor kits that are faster and a lot more reliable .
Old 03-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
That's a pretty biased opinion. You think working on and mainting a nitro engine is easier than the E-Revo? I couldn't disagree more!

With the E-Revo you just charge the battery and go. The brushless system is virtually maintenance free!
I was referring to working on and maintaining the chassis. Taking apart a truggy is much easier than taking apart an e-revo. I can get into my crt.5 diffs in about 5 minutes and only removing about 6 screws. I can have the whole truggy broken down in about 15 minutes. Can you say the same about the e-revo?

As far as the nitro aspect goes... you can easily make a crt.5 electric (which is how mine is currently set up). So not an issue as far as I'm concerned.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I was referring to working on and maintaining the chassis. Taking apart a truggy is much easier than taking apart an e-revo. I can get into my crt.5 diffs in about 5 minutes and only removing about 6 screws. I can have the whole truggy broken down in about 15 minutes. Can you say the same about the e-revo?

As far as the nitro aspect goes... you can easily make a crt.5 electric (which is how mine is currently set up). So not an issue as far as I'm concerned.
Yes, to answer your question, I can have my mini e-revo broken down in 15 minutes as well, and I've only had the thing for a little over a week. And honestly, after using both of them, the e-revo is way more fun.

Oh and p.s. I doubt you're crt .5 can keep up with any halfway experienced 1/8 scale driver.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by T0NYDANZUH
Yes, to answer your question, I can have my mini e-revo broken down in 15 minutes as well, and I've only had the thing for a little over a week. And honestly, after using both of them, the e-revo is way more fun.

Oh and p.s. I doubt you're crt .5 can keep up with any halfway experienced 1/8 scale driver.
I think I struck a nerve here...

I respect your opinion of the e-revo being fun. That I don't argue with. Whether or not its "more" fun is all subjective. So no argument there. My point was merely that a truggy layout is easier to get into than a monster truck type layout.

Oh and p.s... so you're the stalker who's been following me and my crt.5 around the track... ... so that's how you know I suck at driving... damn! I've been caught!
Old 03-05-2010, 01:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If you were strictly referring to the chassis you should have mentioned that in your original post, which you didn't.

As far as overall maintenance goes, you can't not mention the nitro engine. Therefore, I stick with my statement that the E-Revo is easier to maintain.

Sure you could convert the CRT to electric, but then it would cost much more than the E-Revo.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Oh and p.s... so you're the stalker who's been following me and my crt.5 around the track... ... so that's how you know I suck at driving... damn! I've been caught!
Not stalking your driving, it's just common sense that a 1/12 scale crt .5 can not keep up with a 1/8 scale mbx-6t/8ight 2.0/you get the idea.

And the "good driving" was saying that maybe you can keep up with someone that doesnt know how to drive an 1/8 scale, but not someone that can keep it on its wheels.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
you can't not mention the nitro engine. Therefore, I stick with my statement that the E-Revo is easier to maintain.

Sure you could convert the CRT to electric, but then it would cost much more than the E-Revo.
Why not? I bought my crt.5 as a pro kit (which does NOT come with a nitro engine), so why can I not compare the two models based on the platform only? Its not a requirement to go nitro... No one is pointing a gun to your head saying that the crt.5 must be nitro. Therefore I stick to my original platform comparison.

As for the costs associated.... The actual cost to convert is actually closer in price to an e-revo vxl than you would think. The e-revo vxl retails for $299. You can get a pro kit for $179.99 (amain hobbies)+ $120 (brushless system) + $30 (motor mount and battery tray) + $30 (servo). Obviously I'm using approx numbers, but they are pretty accurate. Total cost to convert would only run you about $60 more (give or take depending on your electronics choices). $60 is a drop in the bucket in the world of R/C.

Originally Posted by T0NYDANZUH
And the "good driving" was saying that maybe you can keep up with someone that doesnt know how to drive an 1/8 scale, but not someone that can keep it on its wheels.
Yes, I agree that I would kick my own butt If I ran my xb8 or xt8 against my crt.5, but that would be real hard to do considering I only have two hands...

In all seriousness though... Let's just stick to the thread topic: "E-revo vxl vs Crt.5". Not "Crt.5 vs 1/8th". That's an entirely different can of worms.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:15 PM
Tech Rookie

I sell my e-revo VXL 3 months ago and buyed a CRT.5, the CRT.5 is a much better than e-revo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.