Community
Wiki Posts
Search

jammin crt .5 vs mini e revo

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 09:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I have both trucks currently and like both, the CRT.5 is elecric and WAY easier to work on, but the best part is rarely do i break anything on the CRT.5. It is the most bulletproof car I have ever owned, and it had 3 gallons as a nitro. The great thing to me about the erevo is the lipo batteries are about 13.50 at Hobby king, and if you use 2 in series they can go for a long time(30 minutes). The crt.5 pro kit is $115 shipped on ebay right now from OFNA which is a great deal, but you have ot consider maybe running a Novak HV 4.5 motor and a Mamba max pro Esc which can cost a bit....

So I dont think you can go wrong with either, both fun, the CRT.5 is better quality and easier to work on, but the mini Erevo just as fun, has a ton of aftermarket parts, can be a wheelie machine. As for parts, the crt.5 parts are dirt cheap on ebay, so its really not a factor, its a push for that aspect
Old 07-16-2010, 09:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Aerixx
I have both trucks currently and like both, the CRT.5 is elecric and WAY easier to work on, but the best part is rarely do i break anything on the CRT.5. It is the most bulletproof car I have ever owned, and it had 3 gallons as a nitro. The great thing to me about the erevo is the lipo batteries are about 13.50 at Hobby king, and if you use 2 in series they can go for a long time(30 minutes). The crt.5 pro kit is $115 shipped on ebay right now from OFNA which is a great deal, but you have ot consider maybe running a Novak HV 4.5 motor and a Mamba max pro Esc which can cost a bit....

So I dont think you can go wrong with either, both fun, the CRT.5 is better quality and easier to work on, but the mini Erevo just as fun, has a ton of aftermarket parts, can be a wheelie machine. As for parts, the crt.5 parts are dirt cheap on ebay, so its really not a factor, its a push for that aspect
I totally agree, i experiment some mini cars and the CRT.5 is the only can be drived easily in 1/10 or 1/8 track, my RTR version have a weak plastic shock but the car is very solid for a price of US$ 129.00 i have paied in ebay. The RTR version come with RX Battery and Fuel Bottle.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I know a guy selling the pro kits for $99...good deal? Sounds like a good deal because I can easily go brushless after that.

Also, since it's kind of in the middle between a 1/16 and 1/10, what brushless system would be a nice fit?
Old 07-16-2010, 10:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by RepEvox
I know a guy selling the pro kits for $99...good deal? Sounds like a good deal because I can easily go brushless after that.

Also, since it's kind of in the middle between a 1/16 and 1/10, what brushless system would be a nice fit?
The car is very solid but the OFNA was released the SCRT10 and this car is in the hype because the short course racing is hot. Calculate the tocal cost of the brushless system and the conversion, the car project is old and the OFNA can be discontinued this car, there is very people send the CRT.5 and buying newer cars.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

E revo
Thing is easy to work on, and fast. I race mine with the shortcourse trucks and they can hardly keep up granted it is the stock class. Just throw some 2.2 wheels and a center diff in the thing its gtg. Guess it would hurt to stiffen up the stock springs either. Erevo all the way.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Ok I guess the impression is that this car is expensive to convert, well that is false, this is one of the easiest cheapest cars to convert there is, I will post a link to the 2 things you will need for a conversion, about $35 converted after you buy the $99 pro kit, Not too bad

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ic-Motor-Mount

http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...words=OFN40946
Old 07-18-2010, 01:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Just got a mini revo too. I have too many cars already though...if only someone could give me a reasonable price I might sell them >
Old 07-19-2010, 09:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Originally Posted by RepEvox

That's a good deal. I'd buy it at that price if I didn't already have one. As for a motor, you should go with a 1/10th size motor... or 36mm diameter. Most people that have converted are running motors in the range of 3000-4000 kv on 3s and 4000-5000kv on 2s.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vancooler
The car is very solid but the OFNA was released the SCRT10 and this car is in the hype because the short course racing is hot. Calculate the tocal cost of the brushless system and the conversion, the car project is old and the OFNA can be discontinued this car, there is very people send the CRT.5 and buying newer cars.
The CRT .5 and the SCRT 10 share a lot of parts so parts are/will be available for a while......
Old 07-19-2010, 11:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I have both, and I really don't think there is much to compare between the two. They are totally different rigs. The crt is probably a little tougher, but it has to be because the thing weighs a ton for its size. The merv is great for trips, parts are cheap and available everywhere, doesn't take much at all in electronics to make it a rocket, although I think the stock esc sucks, handles well for its size, shocks suck. The crt is a porker, i run a mm and medusa 36/50/3300 on 3s. It handles well for its size, but really doesn't fit in anywhere at the track, and may not be as convenient to travel with. Parts around here anyway, are order only. No body choices other than stock replacement buggs me too. I had a wannabe 1/10 scale extended chassis one, and I didn't like it near as well as as a stock chassis one, the extra weight of truck style wheels/tires puts a lot more stress on the bearings, arms, steering. They are fun for what they are, no need to make them something they are not with better choices out there.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

the e-revo is a decent toy at best ....brushless crt .5 vs the mini revo?...i would rather have 1 crt than 3 e-revos any day...if your the normal every day traxxas fanboy (never owned anything but crappy traxxas trucks) then you would most likely vote for the traxxas...but once youve experienced all the different companies youll know that traxxas is a huge joke in the rc world...i say this from experience...im not just guessing

Last edited by streetsports; 11-04-2010 at 02:41 PM.