Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
Can anyone post pics of HS-82MG servo in RC18? >

Can anyone post pics of HS-82MG servo in RC18?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can anyone post pics of HS-82MG servo in RC18?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Can anyone post pics of HS-82MG servo in RC18?

Hey guys,

I currently have both an RC18T and RC18R, each equipped with HS-65mg servos and the 3Racing (same as The Toyz) aluminum steering assemblies with the Associated servo saver for Hitec servos. Occasionally, the servo in each car does not return to center immediately, but instead buzzes a bit. I took everything apart to look for a source of binding, but there is none, and I even turned the servo travel down quite a bit via my radio, but this does not help.

So, I wanted to try a stronger servo, like the HS-82MG, with the XRay M18T servo saver assembly. However, the servo horn that comes with the XRay assembly is too tall, and would invevitably cause contact between the top deck and steering assembly.

Does anyone have a way to mount the HS-82mg servo in their RC18 car with a servo saver? If so, can you please provide some pics?

Thanks!
Old 01-16-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The 82 is a BIG servo when compared to the stocker. I run the 81 (same size as the 82) in a couple Exotek chassis (with their mounts and those chassis are designed for larger servos) but I'm note sure you can mount one in a stock chassis. You MIGHT be able to cut the ears off and shoe goo it in but it will be a snug fit.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

just do what duratrax did on the mini quake and cut the chassis where ther servo goes. then you should be able to fit any servo you want in there.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Regular

I'm not worried about squeezing the actual servo into the chassis. Very true, Monkey 1, I did cut the ears off and the servo did fit.

But the problem lies in using the XRay servo saver. The servo horn is very tall, and the steering assembly would need to literally go through the top deck of the chassis to work.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Just flip the servo over and put the servo saver tword the outside of the car and make a longer link for it
Old 01-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

You could try flipping the servo like mentioned, but you might have to use the lower hole in the servo saver.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:00 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys,

I appreciate your suggestions, and will see what I can do. If it gets too involved for me, then I will just stick with the HS-65mg.