Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
1/36 Micro High Roller >

1/36 Micro High Roller

1/36 Micro High Roller

Old 10-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Adept

Default 1/36 Micro High Roller

Here Is My Green Micro High Roller.
Check out these pics... got a ruler in there for dimensions and measurements.
Hope this helps anyone who deciding if they are going to get a Micro High Roller.

Length

Width

Height

Height Front

Body Length

Body Width

Clears AA Battery Easy
Old 10-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by makakoa808
Here Is My Green Micro High Roller.
Check out these pics... got a ruler in there for dimensions and measurements.
Hope this helps anyone who deciding if they are going to get a Micro High Roller.

Length

Width

Height

Height Front

Body Length

Body Width

Clears AA Battery Easy
nice what are you going to do with it?
Old 10-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Tech Adept

Not Sure Yet.. lol What can you do with it?
Here is a short video of the 1/36 scale Micro High Roller ramp jumping back fliping action.. :-) enjoy.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

This is the first Micro I'ved owned. I must say very fun little sucker. The one difference I found compared too driving a bigger scale RC is that once you let go of the throttle she stops... lol no rolling mass. And oh gosh the parts are tiny... the turnbuckles look like little cut out clear plastic mylar, screws are tiny like sunglasses screws... And the electronics look very diffrent.. where is the ESC and receiver.. lol. The micro world is very diffrent..

Wonder what is the frist thing that will brake.. or what is the frist thing I should upgrade?
Old 10-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Id like to pick one of these up since it looks like with the ground clearance I could actually drive it on my carpet unlike my micro dt that looses major speed once it gets in the carpet. I wonder what parts are different between the two so I could just convert rather than spend 100 bucks on a brand new truck.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

nice video
Old 10-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Tech Regular

Default Nice

I got to drive one of those at a Hobbytown USA in Rockford Illinois last week. I already own a 1/36 desert truck and it seems very much like that. I was impressed that it didn't flip over as easily as i thought it would. I put a bearing kit in my desert truck and nearly doubled the speed. I would presume your has bushings on it from the factory, you might want to check into a bearing kit. It was a cheap mod that produced a lot of extra speed. I wish the new mini high rollers were 4 wheel drive though. would have made them a little more practical.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Not Sure Yet.. lol What can you do with it?
Here is a short video of the 1/36 scale Micro High Roller ramp jumping back fliping action.. :-) enjoy.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

This is the first Micro I'ved owned. I must say very fun little sucker. The one difference I found compared too driving a bigger scale RC is that once you let go of the throttle she stops... lol no rolling mass. And oh gosh the parts are tiny... the turnbuckles look like little cut out clear plastic mylar, screws are tiny like sunglasses screws... And the electronics look very diffrent.. where is the ESC and receiver.. lol. The micro world is very diffrent..

Wonder what is the frist thing that will brake.. or what is the frist thing I should upgrade?
The transmissions on the Losi micros just suck. They are almost always too tight from the factory. Loosen up all the transmission screws, and possibly the slipper clutch, and you should notice it will roll more freely.

Get bearings and threaded axles. Dealing with the C-clips that hold the wheels on just once will drive you nuts.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The clear plastic turnbuckles would easily be the first one to have a problem (break) when you have it jumping and bumping regularly.

I would also like the threaded axles upgrade because the c-clips is very prone to get lost.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote
The clear plastic turnbuckles would easily be the first one to have a problem (break) when you have it jumping and bumping regularly.

I would also like the threaded axles upgrade because the c-clips is very prone to get lost.
Will have to look into that.. I hear the micro Raminator and Micro T Axles wont fit.. but not for sure about that... Where is the best place for micro hop ups?
Old 10-06-2009, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Will have to look into that.. I hear the micro Raminator and Micro T Axles wont fit.. but not for sure about that... Where is the best place for micro hop ups?
The plastic "tie rods" will break, but they are easy to make yourself using leftover material from lexan RC bodies. I "upgraded" to the 3Racing turnbuckles, but they have more slop than I'd like so I'm not sure I'd buy them again.

Shocks would be another good area since the stock micros only have pogo springs...

eBay is a great place to buy RC parts, especially for the Losi micros. TheToyz is another good place, but watch their pricing. Usually they're competitive, but occasionally certain items seem to be priced high for some reason. And Stormer Hobbies is my favorite online RC store!
Old 10-06-2009, 06:53 AM
Tech Adept

Cool thanks for the hop up info.. My only concern is what from the Micro T line will fit this Micro High Roller. The thing I like about the High Roller is it's not just a diffrent body on a micro T platform... There's actually some major diffrences in the chassis, like ride height for example... But thats where my concern about inter changing parts is coming from. I guess there is only one way to find out...

I hear you can make these guys go over 40 mph.. thats insane
Old 10-06-2009, 06:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
The transmissions on the Losi micros just suck. They are almost always too tight from the factory. Loosen up all the transmission screws, and possibly the slipper clutch, and you should notice it will roll more freely.

Get bearings and threaded axles. Dealing with the C-clips that hold the wheels on just once will drive you nuts.
I guess I should go look at the exploded view of the Micro HR...
lol Who would have thought C-Clips to hold the wheels on..
Those things are a pain...
Old 10-06-2009, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

Default Zip ties

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
The plastic "tie rods" will break, but they are easy to make yourself using leftover material from lexan RC bodies. I "upgraded" to the 3Racing turnbuckles, but they have more slop than I'd like so I'm not sure I'd buy them again.

Shocks would be another good area since the stock micros only have pogo springs...

eBay is a great place to buy RC parts, especially for the Losi micros. TheToyz is another good place, but watch their pricing. Usually they're competitive, but occasionally certain items seem to be priced high for some reason. And Stormer Hobbies is my favorite online RC store!
I used a small zip tie of the same width and drilled a couple of holes in it. It is a bit stiffer than the cheap-assed ones that come on it but they have not broken since.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:30 AM
Tech Regular

Default Another good idea

Is the battery compartment!. I have 3 spare batteries for my Desert truck and can run it almost non stop with the spares and driving time . the PIA is the eyeglass-sized screws that hold the batt door on. the high roller has the battery compartments like I have in my 1/16 mini Erevo VXL. Very nice improvement!
Old 10-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

brilliant tip!!! I'll try this one.

Originally Posted by elkman
I used a small zip tie of the same width and drilled a couple of holes in it. ...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.