!!!! ASK MICROMAN !!!!

Like Tree7Likes

!!!! ASK MICROMAN !!!!

Old 08-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Default running now

Originally Posted by Micro-Man
Question of the Week:
Is anyone racing micros right now during the summer? If so, where are you running and what micro classes?
Happy Racing,
yes we are running about twice aweek down here in the south.we are running a spec,super stock and mod class based on the 18r
Old 08-11-2009, 07:35 PM
-J-
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Question of the Week:
Is anyone racing micros right now during the summer?
No unfortunately. Just isn't enough interest locally.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mugenite
yes we are running about twice aweek down here in the south.we are running a spec,super stock and mod class based on the 18r
What State are you racing in and what is the track name and location.....some might read this and be able to make your races......
Old 08-12-2009, 09:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Smile running micro now

What State are you racing in and what is the track name and location.....some might read this and be able to make your races......
we are running in wilmington north carolina. Coastal Hobby & Raceway. we are running indooors on carpet.18r spec, superstock and mod.we are running tonightand saturday afternoon.Located in southeast north carolina right on the beautiful beaches and good fishing.

Last edited by mugenite; 08-12-2009 at 09:13 AM. Reason: more info
Old 08-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the information......The 18R seems to be a popular class in the Carolinas..............
Old 08-12-2009, 07:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Default popular

it really just started this year and caught fire.most of our 1/8 scale buggy guys are doing it,lots of younger drivers are enjoying it.but the big plus is its air conditioned and down south anywhere cool is a good place to be.we have had about 50 entries in a good race day.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hey I have a sportwerks esc/rx and an xlr-8 motor and was looking for a little more power and was wondering if i should just re gear or what was the best budget friendly change i can make here
thanks
Old 08-13-2009, 11:34 AM
Tech Addict

The best budget change would be to re-gear if you can.......I am taking that the motor you are referring to is an 8000? Tell me what gearing you are running......The next step would be changing motor of course.......
Old 08-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

XLR-8 is the upgraded brushed motor for the Recoil. Its pretty fast as it is, but they just dont last long when geared to go as fast as most people want.

I know this is Micro-Mans thread and I hope I am not rude by answering here, but I wanted to give my opinion.
For a cheap upgrade I think the best bet is a Turnigy BL and ESC from Hobbycity. You can get the whole deal shipped for around $50. The 24-35-4400 motor is not really much faster than the XLR-8 motor when its new, but once you have a few runs on the brushed motor your speed will start to decrease as it wears out. With the brushless It will be fast for many years if treated well. Gearing options will be much larger with the BL also, which can make it faster as well.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Question of the Week:
Is anyone racing micros right now during the summer? If so, where are you running and what micro classes?
Happy Racing,
San Diego- 18R stock, Novice and occasionally Mod. 18R class is going strong at the 2 tracks here.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by burnineyes
XLR-8 is the upgraded brushed motor for the Recoil. Its pretty fast as it is, but they just dont last long when geared to go as fast as most people want.

I know this is Micro-Mans thread and I hope I am not rude by answering here, but I wanted to give my opinion.
For a cheap upgrade I think the best bet is a Turnigy BL and ESC from Hobbycity. You can get the whole deal shipped for around $50. The 24-35-4400 motor is not really much faster than the XLR-8 motor when its new, but once you have a few runs on the brushed motor your speed will start to decrease as it wears out. With the brushless It will be fast for many years if treated well. Gearing options will be much larger with the BL also, which can make it faster as well.
adding to this: A brushless motor can also carry higher temps (with in reason) when gearing them up more.... compared to a brushed motor when gearing it up will cause the com and brushes to wear out more quickly as well.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MikeR
San Diego- 18R stock, Novice and occasionally Mod. 18R class is going strong at the 2 tracks here.
Good to hear Mike......Maybe one day we will be able to come out West and race a Nationals or big Micro event against the Cali crew.....
Old 08-17-2009, 10:10 AM
Tech Addict

Question of the Week
What is your favorite Micro vehicle of all time?
Old 08-17-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Question of the Week
What is your favorite Micro vehicle of all time?
Xray M18T
Old 08-17-2009, 12:02 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

was my AE RC18T

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.