Wiki Posts
Search

best motor/esc for 18r

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default best motor/esc for 18r

I am not worried about price. I am just looking for the best overall brushless motor and esc for my new 18r. I run 2s lipo@ 25c got some new ones comming
that are 30c's. just so many choices out there i am really not sure which one to get. I have a reedy 8kv in my vendetta rally and it is a good motor but looking for something better if it is out there. please help me out.

shannon
Old 07-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

How are you determining what is good, better and best?
Old 07-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Many people have different opinions on this. I personally think the Mamba Micro Pro combo is the best. It can give you basically unlimited power in a micro/mini car. Some people like the Novak systems for the "smooth" sensored feel. To me it just feels more like a brushed motor. I have used several micro systems and Ill be buying the EZRun systems from now on. I have a limited budget, but if I didnt I would buy more Mambas.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would say I like the tekin mini rage esc is what I like best the outher one that I like is the novak mongoose with the 10.5 motor
Old 07-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I am looking for overall adjustability along with speed and torque. the reedy system works good but i didn't know if there is a better one out there. I looked at the mongoose and the mamba system just trying to see what else is out there that does real good and has few problems running indoor on carpet(never out door). also looking for an exotek 18r kit if somebody knows where one is in stock at let me know.

my email is [email protected]

or give me a call at 910-409-3809

shannon