Old 05-31-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

how bout kyosho mini-Z..

cheers
Old 05-31-2009, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I have been digging the Vendetta buggy but after all the scratch it took to be able to stay together for 1 pack I cant afford to try the others...I had an 18t but th erear gears blew all the time...I like the looks of the mini t and the new caster buggy and truck.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Tough call. I think my personal favorite has to be the M18. This is what got me into RC racing in 2004/2005(?) and I just love it - probably why it's my fav. Basic platform hasn't changed much. Fine tuning which rewards those that spend time towards it and learning the intricacies. Year after year.

Still developing unique pieces to enhance the car btw (got one which will surface at the Nats next year! - unique).

However big clap of hands for some of the micro aftermarket manufacturers all around. The main competitors haven't changed much and the platform continues to improve for many of them (4 to 5 years running). The M18 and RC18 and mini-ts and etc... are a great platform but what kept them alive is the effort of aftermarket R&D like Exotek, EITSRC(R.I.P.), DrivenProduction, ... and tons more. So my close second is motek/exotek. Sure he/they didn't build the platform, but the effort to support them has been phenomenal and contributed largely to the continued success of micros. When the big manufacturers decided to stop enhancing the platform, they/he jumped in.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

my favorite has to be my mini-z MR02

I've driven everything from mini-t's to Half8's, to mRS4 to M18, RC18, M18T - and nothing beats the mini-z

However, I would rank my mRS4 and/or m18 a close 2nd to the Mini-Z
Old 05-31-2009, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I have to say i loved my rc18t. out of all my minis. It handled amazing. What sucks is i sold it to help buy a 1/10 electric touring car to run indoors and soon after all the indoor 1/10 tracks closed in my area

Damn that was a fun truck too
Old 06-01-2009, 09:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

On-Road Mini Z

Off-Road Vendetta

The Mini Z has great looks, handling (if you know how to set it up) and the runtime to do 15 or 30 minute mains.

Out of the box the Vendetta has the best performance. I have the early model with the fragile front hubs. I updated it with the aluminium units and it is almost indestructable. Well if you can keep the wheels on. LOL!
Old 06-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Tech Addict

my fav has got to be my mr-02 PNRACING PanCar MOD.....it has the all new DOUBLE "A" ARM front end and the PROTO TRIPLE SHOCK PEAR END and the PNRACING 33T PNWC MOTOR.....PROBABLY THE FASTEST MINI Z ON TRACK
Old 06-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

This is a little known chassis, the Revell RPMz 1/24th chassis. It is a direct ripe-off of the MR-01 Z chassis but is 1/24th scale. Although far from a competative chassis it fasinated me with the idea of a body swap with a nicely detailed static car model.

I think it turned out rather well. I'd like to take credit for it but the body was put together and adapted to the chassis by Hal Bierman. Hal is a pro modeler who has worked for Estes. His credits include designing the Estes "Porta-Potty Shot' and "Rock-et".

The mods to the body are beutifly simple. The chassis required no mods.

The kit tires and wheels were adapted to add to the look of the car. That was probabley the hardest part of the project.

Last edited by BobT; 06-02-2009 at 09:13 AM. Reason: additional info.