Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BL CRT.5 or the new BL mini E-Revo

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default BL CRT.5 or the new BL mini E-Revo

I'm looking at a future project here, and I want a few opinions.....

what do you think? build a 1/12 eCRT.5 or go with a new mini E-Revo?
Old 04-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

depends on what you want to do with it.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I have a CRT.5 converted and it's a fun ride. I plan on checking out the minirevo also. I think either will be a blast.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Arrow Another Option

Originally Posted by dubluv
I'm looking at a future project here, and I want a few opinions.....

what do you think? build a 1/12 eCRT.5 or go with a new mini E-Revo?
My ECRT.5 is fun, strong and durable to the point that it may have ruined the Mini E-Revo for me. If you are considering this then you should consider the Hyper Min-STe-
http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=20798
Its also going to be available at Tower Hobbies.

The problem with an AWD Truck that doesn't come with a center diff like my brushless E-Revo is that its hard to tame the wheelies and still have maximum directional acceleration even with ESC tuning, suspension tuning, a light trigger finger, etc. I don't know if Traxxas will provide an optional center diff for the 1/16th E-Revo like it does for the 1/10th one.

I know it's difficult to choose but look on the bright side and consider doing 2 future projects rather than 1.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

the thing with the Hyper mini STe... is that it doesn't come with electrics...I'm thinking that If i were to purchase a CRT.5 then I could get rid of the nitro bits and still have the option of an extended chassis in the kit...

I was thinking something along the lines of a mamba max with A123 with an in runner using the centre diff, as well as a direct drive outrunner set up....

mostly bashing....no one around here to race...
Old 04-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

also isnt' the mini ste just the electric version of the CRT.5
Old 04-17-2009, 05:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

also isnt' the mini ste just the electric version of the CRT.5
It's about the same but the arms are different (angled) and wing is different looking.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by don74
My ECRT.5 is fun, strong and durable to the point that it may have ruined the Mini E-Revo for me. If you are considering this then you should consider the Hyper Min-STe-
http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=20798
Its also going to be available at Tower Hobbies.

The problem with an AWD Truck that doesn't come with a center diff like my brushless E-Revo is that its hard to tame the wheelies and still have maximum directional acceleration even with ESC tuning, suspension tuning, a light trigger finger, etc. I don't know if Traxxas will provide an optional center diff for the 1/16th E-Revo like it does for the 1/10th one.

I know it's difficult to choose but look on the bright side and consider doing 2 future projects rather than 1.
the ste looks sick...it would be a great project I may have to do both!!!
Old 04-18-2009, 07:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Arrow Your Choice.

the thing with the Hyper mini STe... is that it doesn't come with electrics...I'm thinking that If i were to purchase a CRT.5 then I could get rid of the nitro bits and still have the option of an extended chassis in the kit...

I was thinking something along the lines of a mamba max with A123 with an in runner using the centre diff, as well as a direct drive outrunner set up....

mostly bashing....no one around here to race...
If you're referring to either the RTR or latest PRO version of the Crt.5 then their wheelbase is the same at 8.8" while the Mini STe has a wheelbase of 9.4" and it already has alloy bodied shocks, an appropriate electric motor mount, a battery box and an overall better suspension/drive train design.

The STe also has a center diff, and a upper deck to mount the RX and ESC which one would have to provide in the E conversion for the Crt.5 . An InRunner motor would be less complicated to use than an OutRunner.

A123 batteries even if they can continuously discharge at 30C ,say 66 amps, may not be enough for a 36 mm high kv motor. I use 2S lipos with at least 100 amps continuous discharge on the Crt.5 even as some prefer to use 3S on a lower kv motor with a longer can that has significantly more torque.

Kindly appreciate that this is not as much to suggest what to buy as it is to advise what each choice may have along with providing some benefits of previous experience.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Go with the CRT.5
Old 04-19-2009, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (99%+)

personally I have had 2 crt.5 and they are nice to a point. Had alot of front upper arms I'll call them... threaded turnbuckle pulled out of the rest of the arm easily. Front chassis brace and upper front plate it attaches to broke all the time easily. I have ran revos since the day they came out for sale and will definitely get the mini version as they will be the best mini on the market just as their big brother revo is the most sold monster truck in the history of R/C.. Look it up on ebay... their are quaddrouple the amount of parts for a revo than any other rc vehicle ad even more than a couple others.. So save yourself the headache and go with the mini revo man.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

there is an optional center diff for the mini e-revo
Old 04-20-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

the aftermarket support is a huge pro...

still haven't decided...I'll be in a better position once i have the Traxxas in my hand though