Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
May 23rd&24th PNWC SC Regional in Myrtle Beach, SC >

May 23rd&24th PNWC SC Regional in Myrtle Beach, SC

May 23rd&24th PNWC SC Regional in Myrtle Beach, SC

Old 04-16-2009, 06:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default May 23rd&24th PNWC SC Regional in Myrtle Beach, SC

A post from Landon:

I didnt see an event section of this forum, and thought this would be the best place for my thread

MBMZR and 843 R/C Hobbies are teaming up again to bring another premier 1/28th scale event to the south east. This time we are doing it with the help of PN Racing in the form of a PNWC regional qualifying race!

The event will be held at 843 R/C Hobbies in Myrtle Beach, SC. This hobby shop has done a lot for MiniZ racing in the area, and has privoded us with one of the nicest racing facilities we could ask for. It will be a great place to host this event!

The cost for this event is $30 for the first class, and $20 for each additional class. This fee includes all hand out motors in the stock classes.

In true PN format we will be running three 8-minute qualifiers with 10-minute A-mains (and bump-ups!). I would like to open up to every class we can get participation for, but PN requires that we have eight entries minimum. If you guys want a certain class on the registration form, please post here, so we can get head counts for each class.

ctd. in next post....I guess I guess this forum cant hold my mad typing skillZ, lol.

1/28th scale on-road racer
Old 04-16-2009, 06:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

2nd post from Landon:

In hopes that we will be running many classes, with many entries, we have set this up as a 2-day event. The layout will be set up at 843 soon, and will be available for practice all hours of operation up until the event. The friday night before (May 22nd) they will stay open until ~9pm, to make practice available for folks coming into town early enough to take advantage. Saturday morning, we will open the doors at 9am for practice and sign in. I am requesting that every one register on-line (link to be posted soon) ahead of time, but final sign in will be 11am. Qualifiers will start at 12pm, and we will race out 2 rounds of qualfiers. This time frame, of course, will be dependant upon the number of entries, and the amount of classes we run. The track will remain open for practice after qulaifying as well, but that timing is dependant on finishing the rounds. Sunday morning, we will re-open at 8 am, and will begin the re-shuffled third round by 10am.

The rules and format are described in detail on the PNRacing site.
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2009/pnwc2009-rules.htm

I also have the orignal thread on MiniZRacer.com, which has local hotel information, as well as a very tenative drivers list.
http://minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31245

Please feel free to post any questions, comments, or other form of feedback here or at the original thread on MZR. I will be happy to field any questions, and am open to any discussion about the event.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Ed! I thought I posted this here, but I guess I didnt