Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
Mini Great Lake Challenge! >

Mini Great Lake Challenge!

Mini Great Lake Challenge!

Old 04-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Talking

That was a great weekend!!! It took us a little longer getting home because of the rain (~10hours) but it was well worth it.

Pat you have a fantastic track facility!!! It is well laid out, well lit, well staffed and you should be proud!!!

The guys that hang out there are great!! Especially that leprechaun, he was the busiest guy this weekend, little b*st^&d stuck a body clip in my sealed can motor still trying to figure out how the devil he managed it but then again he IS a leprechaun. You guys made us feel like it was our home track and that means allot to out of towners! Especially for waiting while i changed my smoked motor for the last race of the day thanks again for that loaner that thing was a beast!

Anyone that hasn't been out to Ohio let me tell you it is WELL worth your while to take a trip down and check Hobby Stop West out. Especially for the club races, from what I hear they have a grill making it's way out this summer! We plan on heading back out towards the end of the summer with more racers in tow.

The competition was top notch too! Bud Bartos was on fire on the oval!! The Ratfactor guys put down some serious laps w/ those slick Recoil chassis they had, I don't think I've seen a Recoil quite that smooth and well behaved in a loong while. I made a solemn oath to pick up a rally car too those guys/gals looked like they were having a blast in that class.

Thanks to everyone from the Skyrocket Racing Team for making the trip (some from farther than me!!), hopefully you guys/gals had as good a time as we did.

Special thanks to "The Boss" for picking up those tee shirts for me I had one set aside for you but I somehow made my way home with it !! Lauren thanks for helping me get those door prizes together you saved me a good bit of time and your matching job was excellent!!

Oh and speaking of prizes ... these guys know how to do race prizes! The sponsors of this event deserve a HUUUUUGE thank you, they made sure everyone walked away with something.

That awesome glass plaque is already on my wall .

I'll be posting pix in a few minutes.

The Boss!

Rough Bunch

N

The look when your friends set you up for a surprise photo!!
More photos: http://www.skyrocketracing.com/gallery/v/MGLC/

Last edited by YmeBP; 04-20-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by duneland
Wesley, the race went very well for the Duneland/RATFactor crew (me and Kris). We deffinately missed you. It was a little lonely in 1/18 open. Scooby had some lame excuse like, I didn't know they were offering it, my dog ate my entry/flyer, or some such. We did have Brian Berry to contend with though (ex World Champion in 2wd 1/10 nitro). He can wheel anything, as his many titles in a variety of classes will affirm. I was lucky enough to pull off the win, with Brian in 2nd and Kris 3rd. I think Brian really enjoyed the class, so look for some serious competition for anyone who ventures out this way next season. I was using the latest RATFactor chassis incarnation for the M18. Best yet, and gave me the advantage I needed against 2 drivers that are younger and better than myself. 1/14 open went to Kris with me in 2nd, followed by; Joe Villar, Tory Skyer and Louie Szilagyi. 1/18 tc super stock went to Kris followed by Dave Berry, Joe Ruggles Rich Mickle, Mike Deitz and Anthony Helberg. I don't have the results in front of me for the other classes, but I know Sooby Horton the 1/18 stock pan class with his 'Scooby edition' scalpel and I believe he also took touring stock. Dave Berry took the Rally open class and I thin Ashlee Villar (I think?) may havve won the stock Rally class.

Thanks to Pat for hosting the event, it went very well---good times!

Wes, I didn't run mod micro because I was waiting for duneland to catch my stock times first! I thought the stock class would be a bigger class like it is around hear. Just messing with you duneland!
Old 04-20-2009, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Catch up? Is that like "advance to the rear"? After the motor I got for stock pan, I may never run stock again!.
btw, that Raptor is looking pretty good.. It needs a little love and a RATFactor chassis, but should go pretty good..
Old 04-20-2009, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Catch up? Is that like "advance to the rear"? After the motor I got for stock pan, I may never run stock again!.
btw, that Raptor is looking pretty good.. It needs a little love and a RATFactor chassis, but should go pretty good..
Once you get it worked out let me know I'd like to grab one or two for the hobbyshop!
Old 04-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Addict

Yes....the Raptor done up right will be the car to have....IMO......

Scooby....congrats on the pan car win.....Glad the bud guys where able to see the newer version of what the scalpel is.....

Anyone get the lap times on pan car?

Wesley
Old 04-20-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

great track great ppl great racing any oval pics?
Old 04-21-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Micro-Man
Yes....the Raptor done up right will be the car to have....IMO......

Scooby....congrats on the pan car win.....Glad the bud guys where able to see the newer version of what the scalpel is.....

Anyone get the lap times on pan car?

Wesley
Scooby may have made off with the pan print out..
They were using J lap, so the results could be uploaded, but I checked and they were not... Maybe we can get Pat to hook up the computer to the internet and upload the results. I don't think he has a connection at the track though (could be wrong about that).
Old 04-21-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This was a great race, great track, great program and fun people. Where is the next 1/18th event? I can't wait!
Old 04-22-2009, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Scooby may have made off with the pan print out..
They were using J lap, so the results could be uploaded, but I checked and they were not... Maybe we can get Pat to hook up the computer to the internet and upload the results. I don't think he has a connection at the track though (could be wrong about that).
Somone's gotta have a cell phone that can get on the internet .

I love that track i came home and started scouting for mall space.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Slot-machine
This was a great race, great track, great program and fun people. Where is the next 1/18th event? I can't wait!
Blacklight race at Duneland Hobbies this Sat.!!. You probably don't want to travel any great distance for this, but if anyone is in the area, stop by for some crazy fun!
Old 04-22-2009, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by YmeBP
Somone's gotta have a cell phone that can get on the internet .

I love that track i came home and started scouting for mall space.
Better look for dead mall, unless you have deep pockets! It is pretty cool though, isn't it? They need a bar next door instead of a GNC though.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I would like to thank all the scalpel drivers for a good showing. We are working on a new oval car for our next trip out there.
Congrats to Bud for a great oval lesson he gave us. I might have to buy a Bud car to get the secret.
Attached Thumbnails Mini Great Lake Challenge!-picture-386.jpg  

Last edited by bigb11; 04-22-2009 at 08:46 AM. Reason: picture