Mini Great Lake Challenge! >

Mini Great Lake Challenge!

Mini Great Lake Challenge!

Old 04-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Does anyone have a pic of the layout?
Old 04-15-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

How is the M18 parts supply there at the track??
Old 04-16-2009, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Sign up at least 1 more for 1/14 open, 2 more for micro stock, 1 or 2 more for rally, 2 more for stock pan car, and i have a truck that may not be ready but i'll try .

we should get to ohio late tonight. what is the earliest we can get to the track?

Originally Posted by hswest
Wesley,

We've got pit space & chairs for 44 entries plus space for tables & chairs in the back room. If you like lots of elbow room bring a table & chairs but you might not need it.

The classes that I have entries for so far add up like this:

Micro Touring Super Stock 3
Micro Touring Open 1
Pan Car Stock (RC) 9
Pan Car Open (RC) 2
Rally Car Open 4
1/14 Scale Open 1
Mini Slider Open 2
Mini Late Model Open 3
Truck/Buggy Open 4
Pan Car Stock Oval 9
Pan Car Open Oval 1

There's still time to fill out those classes, so get your entries to me asap! Call, email, fax, or PM with your information and let me know you're coming.

Thanks,

Pat Falgout
Track Director

Hobby Stop West Raceway
3725 Williston Road
Nortwood, OH 43619
Phone 419-471-1108
FAX 419-471-0669
[email protected]
Old 04-16-2009, 08:48 AM
Tech Addict

I will be running super stock, touring open, pan stock, pan open, 1/14, and not sure about oval.....pan open or truck open I will know when I arive....Leaving out today around three and will be there in the morning.....

Tory, Pat told me they will open for touring practice Friday starting at 9am and finish at 3pm and then set up for oval practice the rest of the day......
Who are you bringing to run those classes you entered?

See all of you there..........

Wesley
Old 04-16-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Micro-Man
I will be running super stock, touring open, pan stock, pan open, 1/14, and not sure about oval.....pan open or truck open I will know when I arive....Leaving out today around three and will be there in the morning.....

Tory, Pat told me they will open for touring practice Friday starting at 9am and finish at 3pm and then set up for oval practice the rest of the day......
Who are you bringing to run those classes you entered?

See all of you there..........

Wesley
Scooby is coming, and Ashley, her Dad Joe and Anthony are coming from CT as well. Trying to see who else i can scare up to come out w/ us.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Tech Addict

GEEEERRRRRRR......Well, here we go again......I am so so so sorry to everyone that will be at the race this weekend but I will not be able to make it because I have to pay $1500 more dollars in taxes and found this out almost three hours after I had already left for the race.......I can not make the money stretch that far right now to allow me to race and have fun that far away from home and be worring about that bill...So I had to turn around and come back home....I am really bumbed out

Wesley

Good luck Scooby with the scalpel.......
Old 04-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

That sucks Wesley! I was looking forward to seeing & racing with you again.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Addict

NO KIDING.........I HATE INCOME TAX ..I REALLY WANT TO BE THERE.....I ALSO HATE THAT INDY SLOTS DIDN'T HOLD THEIR MICRO EVENT THIS YEAR....WHAT HAPPENED WITH THAT? YOU GUYS HAVE A GREAT TIME AND MAKE SURE THERE IS ANOTHER EVENT THERE IN THE FUTURE SO I CAN MAKE IT BACK UP AND RACE WITH ALL OF YOU.....MAYBE NOT AT TAX TIME

POST PICS WHEN YOU CAN....

WESLEY
Old 04-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Dialed in the car....I will be there early Sunday for the race... Forgot ask what handout is going to be for stock...
Old 04-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Wesley,

The owner at Indy slots was not interested in setting up and promoting the event. Another local did that before, but got tired of doing it.
I am knocking down a wall here at the store, to expand the track. More pit spaces also in store for the near future. I will host the Indiana State Champs in the future (did the first one here, but my place was so small I passed on continuing). New track will be 50' X 20' with pit space for 60. Still kinda small, but it will do.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Addict

Duneland,
that will be great.....I had a micro track also that size and the guys loved it....it is a good size for these cars and also makes a great oval size for micros....you build it and I will go.....How is it going at the race so far?
Wesley
Old 04-20-2009, 03:46 AM
Tech Master

GEEEERRRRRRR......Well, here we go again......I am so so so sorry to everyone that will be at the race this weekend but I will not be able to make it because I have to pay $1500 more dollars in taxes and found this out almost three hours after I had already left for the race.......I can not make the money stretch that far right now to allow me to race and have fun that far away from home and be worring about that bill...So I had to turn around and come back home....I am really bumbed out

Wesley

Thanks for the luck. Sorry about your luck with the tax man. The car was pretty good!
Old 04-20-2009, 06:45 AM
Tech Regular

Wesley

Wesley......Too bad you couldn't make it, you were missed.....maybe next time.
For those who did make it, it sure showed that everyone had a great time. For myself, it was great seeing some friends I haven't seen for a while, and also some new people. Thanks to all who attended and congradulations to all the winners and a special thanks to all the sponsors for helping to make our 1st annual MGLC such a success: Castle Creations, SK Motion, Robitronics, BRP, Team Scream Racing, RC America, Xray, RATFactor Products, Team Associated, Skyrocket Racing, Parma, Brown Engineering, Spectrum and Duratrax. Because of your support, everyone had some real cool products to go home with. Thanks again to all the sponsors for all there support. I hope everyone got home safely. Pat.....thanks for giving us all a fine track facility to share our great hobby with everyone. We at Hobby Stop West Raceway are looking forward to hosting our next race. Till next time.....

Dave Berry

Last edited by all4fun; 04-20-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

I want to thank the folks at the track for putting on a great event. Also my sponsor Skyrocket Batteries for the support this weekend, Thanks Tory! I heard there will be some other bigger races there at the Woodville Mall...I will be back....This is a great track!!
Old 04-20-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Wesley, the race went very well for the Duneland/RATFactor crew (me and Kris). We deffinately missed you. It was a little lonely in 1/18 open. Scooby had some lame excuse like, I didn't know they were offering it, my dog ate my entry/flyer, or some such. We did have Brian Berry to contend with though (ex World Champion in 2wd 1/10 nitro). He can wheel anything, as his many titles in a variety of classes will affirm. I was lucky enough to pull off the win, with Brian in 2nd and Kris 3rd. I think Brian really enjoyed the class, so look for some serious competition for anyone who ventures out this way next season. I was using the latest RATFactor chassis incarnation for the M18. Best yet, and gave me the advantage I needed against 2 drivers that are younger and better than myself. 1/14 open went to Kris with me in 2nd, followed by; Joe Villar, Tory Skyer and Louie Szilagyi. 1/18 tc super stock went to Kris followed by Dave Berry, Joe Ruggles Rich Mickle, Mike Deitz and Anthony Helberg. I don't have the results in front of me for the other classes, but I know Sooby Horton the 1/18 stock pan class with his 'Scooby edition' scalpel and I believe he also took touring stock. Dave Berry took the Rally open class and I thin Ashlee Villar (I think?) may havve won the stock Rally class.

Thanks to Pat for hosting the event, it went very well---good times!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.