Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Action R/C Mini Speedway, NY

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by minittrackmann
Whats up everyone. Hey tommy, its cody hahaha.
yo whats up man... good racing the other day
Old 01-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mini-z
Old 01-27-2009, 05:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 350zDave
Mini-z

C'mon Dave, you know you want to........ and you can bring the kids!!
Old 01-27-2009, 06:49 AM
Tech Addict

Mini-z
Yea Dave, these things are a blast. They are very cheap kits, and all the parts and tires etc. and soo cheap its not even funny, and yes its even good for the kids too. Come on down one day and check it out, if you need a car, I'll fix up my old one for you, just let me know.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Alex, and Tom,
I do want to get one but not sure what to get, ( car, what needs to be upgraded on the car, or due they make a car fully upgraded, batteries, remote.). All info. will be appreciated.
They look like a lot of fun,
Old 01-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Alex, and Tom,
I do want to get one but not sure what to get, ( car, what needs to be upgraded on the car, or due they make a car fully upgraded, batteries, remote.). All info. will be appreciated.
They look like a lot of fun,
Dave the most popular car right now is the 2.4ghz Mr-02, that comes ready to run, except you have to have a remote with it. You can buy the kyosho remote for it (which i still use) for 89 bucks but no one really seems to like it. If you have a KO remote u can just buy the moduale for it, and if u have futaba or airtronics u have to buy the converter board with the moduale. As for upgrades to the stock chassis the main thing your going to need to get is...tires, bearings, a disk damper, stainless steel front kingpins, Batteries(10-17 dollars a pack for the orions) and an upgraded motor. I recommend the PN speedy 07BB or the Atomic 'STOCK'. All these items are very cheap, it might seem like alot but its really not. For under 300 bucks you can have a ready to run car, fully upgraded. Or if this is still a little too pricey, you can get the AM frequency version. This is alittle slower on the track due to the older boards(speedo in 1/10th talk) but for starting out its pretty good, alot of the other fast guys still run them. Other than that any other options you want to do to the car is up to you as everyones preference differs(ie. I run a gear diff, and alot of others run the ball diff). Thats pretty much all you need to know. The shop is located in tottenville Staten Island(Action Rc Mini Speedway) The owner's name is Al Vendetti, and trust me he's no Betts(we all know thats a good thing) and he will be happy to help you with anything you might need. Check out the web site at www.actionrcspeedway.com
Old 01-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tb Concepts-MM
Dave the most popular car right now is the 2.Hz Mr-02, that comes ready to run, except you have to have a remote with it. You can buy the Kyushu remote for it (which i still use) for 89 bucks but no one really seems to like it. If you have a KO remote u can just buy the module for it, and if u have tuba or irenics u have to buy the converter board with the module. As for upgrades to the stock chassis the main thing your going to need to get is...tires, bearings, a disk damper, stainless steel front kingpins, Batteries(10-17 dollars a pack for the Orion's) and an upgraded motor. I recommend the NP speedy BB or the Atomic 'STOCK'. All these items are very cheap, it might seem like alto but its really not. For under 300 bucks you can have a ready to run car, fully upgraded. Or if this is still a little too pricey, you can get the AM frequency version. This is Little slower on the track due to the older boards(speed in 1/Th talk) but for starting out its pretty good, alto of the other fast guys still run them. Other than that any other options you want to do to the car is up to you as everyones preference differs(IE. I run a gear diff, and alto of others run the ball diff). Thats pretty much all you need to know. The shop is located in Townsville Staten Island(Action RC Mini Speedway) The owner's name is Al Vendetta, and trust me he's no Bets(we all know thats a good thing) and he will be happy to help you with anything you might need. Check out the web site at www.actionrcspeedway.com
Tom B. thanks for all the info. I checked out Brooklyn hobbies today. All I need to say if I want ONE.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Feb 15 is approaching....
get your nascars ready.....
Action is having a Daytona 500 race/party....
The track for this event will be a huge quad oval.....
Nascar uses the mr015 chassis w 102mm wb....
Paint up a Ford or Chevy white body or run the 99 or 29 car....
This is a great event and if your a nascar fan Dont miss it!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 05:55 AM
Tech Addict

Tom B. thanks for all the info. I checked out Brooklyn hobbies today. All I need to say if I want ONE.
Brooklyn Hobbies is a really small track, they need to expand it... A LOT! Check out the action RC web site and see our track its alot bigger. Bindell was there on saturday checking it out, you can ask him about how it is next time you see him.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TbConcepts-MMM
Brooklyn Hobbies is a really small track, they need to expand it... A LOT! Check out the action RC web site and see our track its alot bigger. Bindell was there on saturday checking it out, you can ask him about how it is next time you see him.
Tom, It just looks like a lot of fun anywhere you run these mini-z at. I appreciate all you info.. Once Bklyn hobbies gets the mini-z's in I will get one and pick you and Alex V. brain.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Addict

Tom, It just looks like a lot of fun anywhere you run these mini-z at. I appreciate all you info.. Once Bklyn hobbies gets the mini-z's in I will get one and pick you and Alex V. brain.
Cool it will be great to have you on the mini z campaign... If you dont want to wait you can go to action rc and get one there, he is fully stocked, and if its to far of a drive, if u talk to him im sure he can mail everything to you
Old 01-28-2009, 09:38 PM
Tech Addict

TO ANY ONE WHO KNOWS:
I have a KO Propo EX-1 Precious, which is the model that came out before the Mars did(about 10-13 years old) My question is... Will the Mini-z 2.4ghz module work with this remote? or is the hardware too outdated. The module uses the same amount of holes, are the same size, and look very similar.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator

TO ANY ONE WHO KNOWS:
I have a KO Propo EX-1 Precious, which is the model that came out before the Mars did(about 10-13 years old) My question is... Will the Mini-z 2.4ghz module work with this remote? or is the hardware too outdated. The module uses the same amount of holes, are the same size, and look very similar.
I don't know for certain, but I do know that regular Spektrum modules will work with the Precious. Found out when a friend of mine wanted to see if it'd work on his & I loaned him my Spektrum module to test, & it seemed to work fine. My guess would be that it'll work for you too, for what that's worth.....
Old 01-29-2009, 01:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

TO ANY ONE WHO KNOWS:
Call KO Propo and speak w Robert. He is the KO Guru.... Im thinking based on what I have seen it will work. I saw it work w a Mars.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Hey Guys, what tire combo works good at Action for the MR-02. Seems the compound that works there was out of stock and I wanted to order some for my next visit.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.