Mini Inferno!!

Old 11-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Artyspec
I don't get it! Mini-Zs are like remote controlled tamiya 4wd toy cars! (although the mini inferno with it's stupid white pink blue shell looks like one too... till they notice the rather non toycar-ish ESC's LEDs lighting up under it's shell and see it run )
How could you compare Tamiya RC's to toy cars????

Tamiya makes some of the most realistic RC cars and trucks on the market........
Old 11-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Man you get this many of these running on a 10x20 ft. track with 45 minruntimes and it's just as good if not better than any form of r/c racing I have ever done!

Last edited by 2wdMod; 12-12-2008 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by t9dragon

Tamiya makes some of the most realistic RC cars and trucks on the market........
woops, i don't mean their RC cars, i meant the little 4wd cars which run on tracks
Old 11-07-2008, 12:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by t9dragon

You are right: besides the beautifull and detailed bodies, I haven't seen Tomy or Nikko become World-Champion! Tamiya did !
Old 11-07-2008, 12:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Artyspec
woops, i don't mean their RC cars, i meant the little 4wd cars which run on tracks
You mean like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWkPr...eature=related
I have not seen any r/c car with speeds like this! Not electric, not nitro!
Old 11-07-2008, 09:35 AM
Tech Initiate

yea those. They look a lot faster than R/C cars cuz they move in such small tracks and dont need to slow down for turns!
Old 11-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

hi guys..

can anyone confirm if King pin / screws for C hub castor block is the same parts (red circle) IH03 and IH40 as in the following pic?

i lost these and need replacement.

many thx in advance.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

yup, those are the ones.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

If you are continually losing those screws, you might consider aluminum knuckles, if you don't already have them.

http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...INI%20INFERNO#

With the plastic knuckles I was losing screws like crazy. So I bought the aluminum knuckles and c hubs added locktite, and haven't lost one since.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by helibrian
If you are continually losing those screws, you might consider aluminum knuckles, if you don't already have them.

http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...INI%20INFERNO#

With the plastic knuckles I was losing screws like crazy. So I bought the aluminum knuckles and c hubs added locktite, and haven't lost one since.

helibrian..

many thx

yes.. i was in the process of changing to aluminium knuckles when i realised the parts mentioned is gone. Worst, i also lost one of the knuckle bearing.. dont know where did the bearing rolled to.. have to use the stock at this moment.

anyhow, is it good idea to buy alu c hub? coz im still using stock.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

IMO I wouldnt buy the GPM C hub or knuckle that was linked to. I have had both and both have failed me. The threads in the GPM knuckles stripped right out and I would keep losing the king pins and the GPM C hub doesnt hold the kingpin very well at all. I would go with the 3 Racing knuckle and C hub, the C hubs hold the king pin much nicer and knuckles are much nice. You can also find them at www.thetoyz.com or http://www.hkshobby.com/ I beleive the Atomic set that you can find under the MI listings on HKS for $25 is a good deal as well. Good luck.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by FastXR
IMO I wouldnt buy the GPM C hub or knuckle that was linked to. I have had both and both have failed me. The threads in the GPM knuckles stripped right out and I would keep losing the king pins and the GPM C hub doesnt hold the kingpin very well at all. I would go with the 3 Racing knuckle and C hub, the C hubs hold the king pin much nicer and knuckles are much nice. You can also find them at www.thetoyz.com or http://www.hkshobby.com/ I beleive the Atomic set that you can find under the MI listings on HKS for $25 is a good deal as well. Good luck.

Well fastXR.. what do u know..

I had purchased and installed GPM products for knuckles arms/hubs and steering assy. Let see if these part will fail me.
If it does, i know which brand will i go to next..

thx for sharing...
Old 11-14-2008, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I also have had bad luck with some of the GPM parts.The alloy seems to be very soft and like mentioned is easy to strip.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:13 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by FastXR
FYI: Those companies you mentioned all have their parts made by the same manufacturer in China and then repackage them for sale to the general public.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 3R

I have had great luck with the 3 racing aluminum for this buggy. All but their diffs which I bought 6 of and cannot stand.

Kevin

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.